ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse ILR - Success @ PEO Croydon 01-May-2015

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

MaVa
Newly Registered

Spouse ILR - Success @ PEO Croydon 01-May-2015

Post by MaVa » Tue May 05, 2015 11:12 am

Hi
First thanks for everyone, who answered my few earlier queries with respect to ILR for Spouse.

I hope this might be of help to some one.

Case History:
Applied for Spouse VISA in India in May 2012. Refused. Appealed and waited for the Court Hearing. Received an email from the Deputy High Commission that they are overturning their decision and are issuing us the VISA (Entry Clearance). This happened in May 2013. This is one year from applying the Initial Visa. However, the law changed in the mean time that spouse ILR need five years of stay in the UK. Submitted the passport for stamping in India and got Visa for 27months from 10th May 2013 to 10 August 2015.

Spouse arrived in the UK on the 25th May (two weeks) 2013.

Did the Life in the UK in 2015 April just before Easter.

Had a little bit of confusion whether to apply on April 15th (2 years minus 28 days from the date of Stamping) or April 28th (2 years minus 28 days from the date of arrival). However decided to apply on 1st may (just in case)

Booked the appointment on 1st April 2015 and paid the old fees for PEO appointment (1093 + 400 for PEO)

Booked the appointment on the 1st May at 8:30am

Took the train to West Croydon. Signal Failure and got delayed. Arrived at the PEO (Lunar House) at 8:25am

Immediately they allowed us, (me, spouse and our little 1 year old daughter). Went through the security screening and after that we were asked to take the lift to the third floor.

Went to the third floor, where the appointment and the payment were checked and was given a number. Asked us to wait in the Cafeteria to be called.

They called us within 10 minutes.

Went to one of the Counter (that's what they call) and submitted the application (New Application form for the year 2015).

The lady at the counter took my photo, my spouse 2 photo and the typed some details on her computer.

She had a folder type envelope for filling all our documents, however, I had one file where all the documents where properly filled. She saw this and said she will use my folder and bundled it with the application form using a thick rubber band.

She also wrote the time on the folder 8:49

Again we were asked to wait for to be called for Bio metrics.

This happened in 15min.

Around 9:05 called for Bio-metrics and in 10 minutes that was done. At the end of the Bio-metrics, we were given to option of staying or going out. We said we wanted to go out and they took our contact number. They said we should get a call within 1hour to 90 minutes. Time 9:19

Went out and had some breakfast. Exactly 10:19, received a call from a guy to inform us that the documents are ready for collection and we need to come direct to his desk.

We did not rush. Came around 10:45 to Lunar house. Again security and went to third floor and collected the document and where told that the application is successful and we should receive the Residence Card in post in 7 to 10 working days.

Left Croydon at 11:00

MaVa
Newly Registered

Re: Spouse ILR - Success @ PEO Croydon 01-May-2015

Post by MaVa » Tue May 05, 2015 11:34 am

Sorry, forgot to added the list of documents that was submitted.

Application form - New 2015 form SET M - with the payment sheet not filled at all - first 5 pages, left without filling.

Applicant's Passport
2 Applicant's photos
Spouse British Passport
1 Spouse photo
Applicant's Life in the UK Test pass notification letter
Applicant's Degree Certificate - Did a mock point calculation - as a HSMP point calculation to show that her degree is recognised. Did not do the NARIC certificate
Indian Marriage Certificate
Spouse P60 for two years - same address as the applicant - treated as Co-habitation and salary
Spouse Payslip for 12 months - On line printed - not signed by HR or anything
Bank statement - E-statement. Just attached a letter from the bank about the account number and the last balance as the bank would not stamp the statements. Had maintained the balance of 2500 althrough 6 months
Tenancy Agreement for the two years
Letter from the GP (costed me 30 quid from my GP) that we all three are registered and our address is where we live.
Had a letter from British gas, when we took this property two years ago (pay as you go energy) and they did sent a statement sometime last year.
Had a letter from DWP (department of Works and Pension) about the spouse NI number at our address
Had a letter from HMRC about my Tax code for this year at our address
-------------

Forgot to add the applicant Bank Statement, as we had it in another folder - but they did not ask anything about this. We found that we did not submit only when we put back all our documents in the bag.