ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Election coming soon

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

alxale

Election coming soon

Post by alxale » Tue May 05, 2015 5:53 pm

This is probably a bit off-topic, but the election is in 2 days time (Mods- if not relevant please feel free to move/delete)

I believe most people here (commonwealth) are entitled to vote

I am not sure about you guys but the past 5 years will have definitely influenced strongly the way I might vote

Lets see how we (skilled workers) are appreciated over the last 5 years (there are probably more - this is on top of my head)

- Ridiculous increase in fees for both main and dependents. One could easily pay 2-3 times more than in 2010 depending on the number of dependents
- Many changes applied retrospectively
- Immigration health surcharge
- Change in criteria/documents required to make life tougher (abscence letter for tier 1 general, koll changes)
- No more appeal right for some visas, only administrative review
- Closure of tier 1 general (expected but could be handled better)

All this on top of the fact that most of us are already paying high taxes (being in skilled work)

I am not sure how you guys think