ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR - Criteria

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

coolsurf0
Newly Registered

ILR - Criteria

Post by coolsurf0 » Sat May 02, 2015 10:46 pm

Hi,

When I checked https://www.gov.uk/settle-in-the-uk/y/y ... y-transfer, I see that there is the following clause

To qualify, you must have had at least one of these visas in the 5 years:

Tier 2 (Intra-Company Transfer) issued under the Immigration Rules in place before 6 April 2010
Work Permit for an intra-company transfer

I am currently on a Tier 2 ICT Long Term Visa issued in July 2013. Does that mean I cannot apply for ILR after 5 years of stay in UK? Please let me know your inputs regarding the same.

Regards,

coolsurf0
Newly Registered

Re: ILR - Criteria

Post by coolsurf0 » Tue May 05, 2015 3:43 pm

Hi All,

Please could you let me know your thoughts on the same? Much appreciated.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue May 05, 2015 3:46 pm

You won't qualify for ILR as your visa was issued substantially after April 2010.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

rukmesh
United Kingdom

Post by rukmesh » Tue May 05, 2015 6:02 pm

Even as per my understanding, you cannot go for ILR through this visa (ICT-Long Term). This ILR route (ICT), closed on 6-Apr-2010 and you have come in 2013 so, I do not think you are elegible. You can still check with solicitor though ..
Best Wishes