ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Child Benefit

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

jigars143
Pakistan

Child Benefit

Post by jigars143 » Tue May 05, 2015 8:54 pm

Hi

I am on ILR (10 year route). My child was born last month and want to claim Child Benefit. DO I still need to identify myself as PAKISTANI National on Form CH-2 ?

ALso, will this effect in any way my wife's application as I still need to apply for FLR(M) for her.

I will appreciate your quick response.

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Child Benefit

Post by CR001 » Tue May 05, 2015 9:47 pm

If you only have ILR, then you are still a Pakistani national and need to complete the form appropriately.

You can claim child benefit in your name. Should not be an issue with FLR(M) for your spouse.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

jigars143
Pakistan

Post by jigars143 » Thu May 07, 2015 10:01 pm

Thank You CR001

Could you please advise if my Wife needs to have Life in UK to apply for FLR(M)?

I thought it is needed only when she will apply for indefinite leave but one of my friend says she needs for FLR(M) as well.

Your help is much appreciated.

Thanks
Nabeel

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu May 07, 2015 10:05 pm

Could you please advise if my Wife needs to have Life in UK to apply for FLR(M)?
No, it is only for ILR. She will need to meet the English A1 test for FLR(M) though.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Thu May 07, 2015 10:26 pm

Your wife will also have to pay the new NHS surcharge before submitting her FLR(M) application. This will be £500 in addition to the visa fee. https://www.gov.uk/healthcare-immigrati ... n/overview
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

jigars143
Pakistan

Post by jigars143 » Sat May 09, 2015 3:33 am

Thank you CR001 and Casa

Nabeel

bilal_zain
Newly Registered

Re: DLA Child Benefit

Post by bilal_zain » Sat May 09, 2015 3:45 pm

CR001 wrote:If you only have ILR, then you are still a Pakistani national and need to complete the form appropriately.

You can claim child benefit in your name. Should not be an issue with FLR(M) for your spouse.
hi,
can you please quote text whether I am eligible for DLA for my daughter. I am on ILR but my daughter is still on FLR(M). I checked different forums but couldn't find proper answer except "yes" without reference to immigration rules.
for child DLA one of the eligibilities is
### child must not be under immigration control

Please answer my query. thanks
Regards