ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Child Benefit documents

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

anasjamil2

Child Benefit documents

Post by anasjamil2 » Wed Mar 18, 2015 3:56 pm

hi,

I have recently got ILR and have BRP card in hand, my wife's ILR application is submitted to Home Office, I have also submitted application for my UK born child's BC.

To apply for child benefit am I ok to submit following documents:

1. Child's short birth certificate.
2. Photocopy of my BRP and photocopy of Passport.
3. Photocopy of my wife's passport.

I haven't got my child's full birth certificate, child's passport as I have submitted originals to home office for their BC.
I haven't got my original passport as i have submitted it to home office for my wife's ILR application.
I am hesitating to send my original BRP.

Thanks,
Anas

SSWSZ
Member of Standing

Re: Child Benefit documents

Post by SSWSZ » Thu Mar 19, 2015 7:34 am

there is two birth certificates one full( with both parents) and one with name and date of births etc .you can send the other one for CB claim.you can confirm my calling their helpline.passport copy id not needed only brp copy is enough.
ss

anasjamil2

Post by anasjamil2 » Thu Mar 19, 2015 9:00 am

hi Sswsz. By other one do you mean the short Birth Cert, the one with only name and DOB. (no parent names).

SSWSZ
Member of Standing

Post by SSWSZ » Thu Mar 19, 2015 9:04 am

Yes
ss

jigars143
Pakistan

Post by jigars143 » Tue May 05, 2015 8:47 pm

Hi Anas

I wanted to know if you have got the Child Benefit. I have got ILR and have a wife as a dependant. I need to apply her FLR (M) still. My child was born last month and was going to apply for Child Benefit

Can you please tell what will you write in section "WHERE YOU LIVE"..Did you identify yourself as BRITISH national or national of your country e.g. Pakistani as I am?

Will child benefit have any effect on my Wife's visa extension?

I will greatly appreciate your help.

Thank you
NABEEL

SSWSZ
Member of Standing

Post by SSWSZ » Tue May 05, 2015 9:01 pm

Yes I write nationality Pakistani . Where u live it should be your UK address . No what I read here is child benefit first not effect dependent visa .
ss

anasjamil2

Post by anasjamil2 » Tue May 05, 2015 10:02 pm

hi Nabeel.. i did apply for CB.. and got approval letter, not got the money yet.. yes you need to put your UK address where you live.

Call me dude
Nigeria

Post by Call me dude » Sat May 23, 2015 10:56 pm

anasjamil2 wrote:hi Nabeel.. i did apply for CB.. and got approval letter, not got the money yet.. yes you need to put your UK address where you live.

Hi,how long did it take for you to get a reply plus did you send your brp or photocopies?
It is well