ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Required Documents - EEA(Swiss)

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

pipo
Newly Registered

Required Documents - EEA(Swiss)

Post by pipo » Tue May 05, 2015 10:19 pm

I'm getting very confused :? ...there is a lot of information but nothing conclusive covering this area.

I've been trying to gather all the documents that I need but have got stuck as I can't find any proof of CSI for the duration of being a student.

Background:
Entered the UK mid-2004 - did GCSEs and A-levels
Mid-2008 - went to uni
mid-2011 - started working full time

I can provide P60s for 2011-2012,2012-2013,2013-2014,2014-2015. To cover the last 5 years (married to a UK national so don't need to cover 6 years) I also need to provide documents for the time when I was a student but the only EHIC card that I've got was issued by the UK.

I didn't live at home with my parents while at UNI but as they were working full time for the whole duration, am I somehow covered as a result of that as I'm a family member?

fwd079
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Re: Required Documents - EEA(Swiss)

Post by fwd079 » Wed May 06, 2015 8:46 am

pipo wrote:I'm getting very confused :? ...there is a lot of information but nothing conclusive covering this area.

I've been trying to gather all the documents that I need but have got stuck as I can't find any proof of CSI for the duration of being a student.

Background:
Mid-2008 - went to uni

I can provide P60s for 2011-2012,2012-2013,2013-2014,2014-2015. To cover the last 5 years (married to a UK national so don't need to cover 6 years) I also need to provide documents for the time when I was a student but the only EHIC card that I've got was issued by the UK.

I didn't live at home with my parents while at UNI but as they were working full time for the whole duration, am I somehow covered as a result of that as I'm a family member?
Why don't apply through spouse route then? That way you only have to prove three years's residence. Please click here (Q1) for more information. Good luck.
Being British is a state of mind.
Want to maintain timeline of any thread? Click here and grab template.

pipo
Newly Registered

Post by pipo » Wed May 06, 2015 9:41 am

fwd079 wrote:
pipo wrote:I'm getting very confused :? ...there is a lot of information but nothing conclusive covering this area.

Background:
Mid-2008 - went to uni

Why don't apply through spouse route then? That way you only have to prove three years's residence. Please click here (Q1) for more information. Good luck.

Ah! :D I was under the impression that the 5/6 year EEA rules overwrote the 3 year spouse option. It's good to know that it doesn't. In section 2.4 which asks for the 5/6 years, do I just put the last 3 years and ignore the other years?

Maybe this won't be so difficult after all :D

fwd079
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by fwd079 » Wed May 06, 2015 9:45 am

pipo wrote: Ah! :D I was under the impression that the 5/6 year EEA rules overwrote the 3 year spouse option. It's good to know that it doesn't. In section 2.4 which asks for the 5/6 years, do I just put the last 3 years and ignore the other years?

Maybe this won't be so difficult after all :D
Yes, fulfil all spouse route requirements please, as per the link I provided above.
I would also strongly request you use Nationality Checking Service for bit more peace of mind, because in receipt they will mention its on spouse basis. You also get your original documents back so you are free to travel if needed. I personally helped me a lot.
Good luck.

pipo
Newly Registered

Post by pipo » Wed May 06, 2015 4:53 pm

Thanks! I'll let you know how it goes:)

fwd079
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by fwd079 » Mon May 11, 2015 10:15 am

pipo wrote:Thanks! I'll let you know how it goes:)
Sure, thanks. Please put it in the relevant month's timeline thread too. Good luck. :)

vinny

Post by vinny » Mon May 11, 2015 11:54 am

You also need to show that you have attained PR. That's where the 5 years is relevant. You may also be a family member without any extra dependency requirements until you were 21.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

fwd079
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by fwd079 » Mon May 11, 2015 2:12 pm

vinny wrote:You also need to show that you have attained PR. That's where the 5 years is relevant. You may also be a family member without any extra dependency requirements until you were 21.
Even if he's going through spouse route?

vinny

Post by vinny » Mon May 11, 2015 2:20 pm

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.

fwd079
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by fwd079 » Mon May 11, 2015 2:25 pm

vinny wrote:Yes. 3(c).
Thanks, I do apologise for confusion, but I meant he does not have to prove past five years, only past three years when it comes to application through spouse route. Since spouse route requires settled status and only past three years' residence in UK.
I was referring to this quote:
That's where the 5 years is relevant.
My own wife is in country for less than four years and already British. Please correct me if wrong.

vinny

Post by vinny » Mon May 11, 2015 2:35 pm

An EEA national attains PR after 5 years (15(1)(a)).

fwd079
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by fwd079 » Mon May 11, 2015 2:38 pm

vinny wrote:An EEA national attains PR after 5 years (15(1)(a)).
Ah I see, many thanks for guidance vinny. :)
So wouldn't his PR be automatic though? Or does his question still stand and my suggestion wasn't helpful?

vinny

Post by vinny » Mon May 11, 2015 2:59 pm

The PR is automatic if 15 is satisfied. He should show that he satisfies the requirement.

fwd079
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by fwd079 » Mon May 11, 2015 3:04 pm

vinny wrote:The PR is automatic if 15 is satisfied.
Oh, so this is what's needed to show his PR status:
15. (1) The following persons shall acquire the right to reside in the United Kingdom permanently—

(a)an EEA national who has resided in the United Kingdom in accordance with these Regulations for a continuous period of five years;
So only three years residence doesn't matter then. Ah well. Thanks vinny.