ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Cover Letter To Address Refusal Objections

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ST-IX
Newly Registered

Cover Letter To Address Refusal Objections

Post by ST-IX » Tue May 05, 2015 2:33 pm

Hi All,

Can some one please share format of cover letter to attach when re applying for visa to address the objections raised by ECO.

Thanks

ST

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Cover Letter To Address Refusal Objections

Post by CR001 » Tue May 05, 2015 2:50 pm

What were the refusal reasons?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

ST-IX
Newly Registered

Post by ST-IX » Tue May 05, 2015 3:12 pm

CR001 wrote:What were the refusal reasons?
Hi CR001,

Thanks for your reply. Please see below:

1. Applicants intention to leave UK after the completion of visit.

2. Extra income from friends and family £100 (no evidence). As in our culture parents pay you cash towards day to day expenses.

3. My brother paid extra fund into her account towards her travel expenses £2,000. No evidence provided of the origin of funds and shows inconsistent account activity.

4. She mentioned that she will be incurring £0 cost for the whole trip. ECO not satisfied who will be paying the travel cost. ECO was satisfied with accommodation and maintenance cost in UK.

Please advise how to satisfy to above objections.

Point 1 i haven't got a clue how to satisfy that. Can provide pictures of my sis engagement and other family pics to satisfy she will be returning to PK after her visit. She is in full time employment since Aug 2014 and she did attach letter from her employers.

Point 2 as mentioned my parents give her extra towards day to day expenses as we all know every parents do in PK. (will it be appropriate to omit that in new application explaining on covering letter).

Point 3 My brother can provide his bank statements together with letter from his employers to address that.

Point 4 Explanation of Point 3 will cover this

Any kind of advise will be helpful. She filled in application with all honesty and had no guidance prior to applying. It is understandable ECO requires full evidence which she can provide.

Thanks
St

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue May 05, 2015 3:17 pm

Besides a letter, she will need to provide all the documentary evidence to address the refusal points.

On point 1, what did the letter from her employer say? How long was the visit for? Did she submit payslips and bank statements? What other evidence did she provide to prove her ties to home country??
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

ST-IX
Newly Registered

Post by ST-IX » Tue May 05, 2015 3:25 pm

CR001 wrote:Besides a letter, she will need to provide all the documentary evidence to address the refusal points.

On point 1, what did the letter from her employer say? How long was the visit for? Did she submit payslips and bank statements? What other evidence did she provide to prove her ties to home country??
Confirming that she is a permanent member of teaching staff. School will be shut between 20 June 2015 - 10 Aug 2015. School doesn't have objection for her to travel to UK during her vacations.

She did submit her last 6 months payslips and bank statements.

No other docs to prove her ties apart from above and id card tbh.

Also when she re apply can she submit copies of docs she already submitted with her first application or does she have to obtain originals again.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue May 05, 2015 3:28 pm

originals again
For her documents.

What is the relation to you and your brother, your post is not clear?
Char (CR001 not Casa)

ST-IX
Newly Registered

Post by ST-IX » Tue May 05, 2015 5:16 pm

My apologies for making it all confusing. I call her brother my my brother too (force of habit). She is my family friend.

With her original application she submitted the following:

Her 6 months payslips
Her 6 months bank statements
Letter from employer
Sponsors invitation letter
Sponsors 6 months bank statements
Sponsors copy of passport, driving license and council tax bill

My question was when she re apply can she use copies of same docs she attached with her previous application plus the covering letter and new evidence to address all the objections

ST

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue May 05, 2015 5:25 pm

Originals of her documents, copies of sponsor documents, as recent as possible.

She will need more than employment evidence to prove her ties to her home country.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

ST-IX
Newly Registered

Post by ST-IX » Tue May 05, 2015 5:40 pm

Family pictures
Pictures with her friends
Pictures of her school ceremonies where she works
Copy of brothers passport
Birth certificate of her 4 year old niece

Please add anything else that might help.

Will she need a new letter from her employers then ??

Can sponsor provide amended invitation letter to support her new application or previous letter is ok ??

ST

ST-IX
Newly Registered

Post by ST-IX » Tue May 05, 2015 5:46 pm

Also will sponsor need to provide new bank statements or previous ones are ok ??

Thanks
St

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue May 05, 2015 5:49 pm

Will she need a new letter from her employers then ??

Can sponsor provide amended invitation letter to support her new application or previous letter is ok ??
New and update ideally.

How long is she intending to visit the UK? Her employer letter needs to confirm the period of annual leave etc and her return to the job.

Does she have savings, property, a partner, children, etc
Char (CR001 not Casa)

ST-IX
Newly Registered

Post by ST-IX » Tue May 05, 2015 5:53 pm

In previous letter from her employer they clearly stated the dates of her annual leave from 20 June - 10 Aug and she do not intend to stay beyond that.

Living with parents. Started her job last year after completing her studies.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue May 05, 2015 6:07 pm

Letter and property documents from parents then. They should help.

Employer letter should be fine but remember that documents should not be older than 28 days at time of submission (except title deeds for example)
Char (CR001 not Casa)

ST-IX
Newly Registered

Post by ST-IX » Tue May 05, 2015 6:37 pm

28 days does that apply to all documents including sponsors bank statement and her brothers bank statement that he will provide as evidence plus does he need provide bank statements for last 6 months or just for that particular month in which the objected transaction took placed

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue May 05, 2015 6:42 pm

The more she can provide the better.

https://www.gov.uk/standard-visitor-visa/overview
Char (CR001 not Casa)

ST-IX
Newly Registered

Post by ST-IX » Tue May 05, 2015 6:49 pm

Correct me if I'm wrong :

Applicants last 6 months bank statements (Original)
Applicants last 6 months payslips (Original)
Applicants employer letter (Original)
Sponsors invitation letter (Copy)
Sponsors last 6 months bank statement (Copy)
Her brothers last 6 months bank statement (Copy)
Her brothers last 6 months payslips (Copy)
A letter from her brother explaining he covering her travel cost (Copy)
A covering letter explaining the objection raised by ECO (Original)

The above mentioned docs should with be within 28 days on date of submission.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue May 05, 2015 7:17 pm

For a new application, yes they need to be as recent as possible to show the circumstances at the time of application.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

ST-IX
Newly Registered

Post by ST-IX » Tue May 05, 2015 8:38 pm

Does she need to attach letter of refusal or use the reference number on covering letter ??

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue May 05, 2015 8:57 pm

The form will ask about previous refusals, she needs to complete the relevant details. Besides, they will have a record of it anyway.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

ST-IX
Newly Registered

Post by ST-IX » Tue May 05, 2015 10:44 pm

Below is a rough draft of covering letter. Will be adding more.

The Entry Clearance Officer/Visa Section
UK Visas and Immigration
British Embassy
Abu Dhabi

5th May 2015

Re: Visitor Visa for
Post Reference:

Dear Sir/Madam

I am writing in support of an application I made for a visitor visa for a period of 1 month and 20 days to enable me to visit UK and see my friend XXX XXX . My visa was rejected a few days ago due to some minor points, which I would really like to clarify.

On submitting the visa application, I was under the impression that an interview would be conducted in Lahore for further details of the application. In this interview, I hoped that I would be able explain and clarify any information or details that were not clear in the application. This is also the first time we have both been through this process, myself and xxx xxx. With this in mind, we completed the application to the best of our knowledge.

I appreciate the concerns raised by the Entry Clearance Officer. I hereby request you to consider the following in response to the objections raised by the Entry Clearance Officer as I have tried to provide further information for further assessment since I am applying again on an urgent basis due to the leave available to me from my Teaching role (20/06/2015 – 10/08/2015).

1. The first objection raised was in respect to my intentions to leave the UK after completion of my visit. The teaching job I have is at the same school I completed my education and with this comes great attachment. I take great pride in being able to stay on at the same school but now as a Teacher. It gives me great job satisfaction to see my students develop as young adults who one day will have a dream job like mine. Alongside this I have attached as evidence a letter from the school that clarifies, I only have leave from the school for 1 month and 20 days. As this role means so much to me, I intend to return within this timeframe. My intention as mentioned in the sponsor’s letter is to visit and fulfil my desire to see the British culture, way of life and visit some of the country’s historic sites. Hopefully this will also give me excellent stories to tell my students regarding my visit to the UK upon my return. Furthermore, I resides in Pakistan with my parents, brother, sister in law and niece, with whom I am very much attached to. As being the only daughter of my parents, my aim is to settle in Pakistan in the future to be close to my parents and the family. With this I have attached photographic evidence of the family that shows how close I am to them especially my parents. If I was to move away from my home country, I would not get to see my parents and family on a daily basis. Unfortunately this emotional attachment to my family means more than staying in a country where I have no family.

2. The second objection raised was in regards to my job income. The income information provided from my job is true and correct. This is evidenced in my payslips and the bank statement. The additional income of £xxx is from my brother xxx xxx. He gives me the amount as pocket money on a monthly basis to cover any additional cost I may have. As being my elder brother, it is a tradition in our culture for the brother to look after his sister until she is married to her future husband. I have attached as evidence a letter from my brother xxx xxx to confirm this information.

3. The third and fourth objection was in regards to the bank statement and also the cost of the trip. The bank statement I submitted in my name dated 17/09/14 – 01/04/15. In this statement it shows that my balance has increased with a total of PKR xxxx (£xxx) which as stated by the Entry Clearance Officer is 8.5 times my salary. This was due to the intention of this trip to the UK. My brother xxx xxx is sponsoring the travel cost (return plane ticket) and any other expenses (shopping for the family). As I have spent a lot of my time studying and once that was completed, I commenced my work as a Teacher. My brother would like me to visit the UK and fulfil my wish before I move forward in the next stage of my life. He is happy to pay for all travel cost that this trip to UK would require. I have attached as evidence a letter from my brother xxx xxx to confirm this information. Furthermore I have also provided as evidence my brother’s bank statement which shows the transaction between both accounts (mine and his). I have also attached his payslips as evidence of his source of income. Furthermore you will find his passport attached to confirm the relation between myself and my brother, alongside with this is a family photo.

To clarify, my brother xxx xxx will be supporting and paying the travel cost and xxxx is paying for my accommodation and maintenance in the UK during this trip.

I enclose the following additional evidence
1. Photographic evidence
2. Letter from the Applicant’s brother
3. Passport copy of the Applicant’s brother
4. Bank statements of the Applicant’s brother
5. Payslips of the Applicant’s brother

In light of this and my explanation and the attached documents I hope you will reconsider my request and grant me a visit visa to visit my friend and UK.
Thanks

Yours faithfully

Miss xxx xxx

ST-IX
Newly Registered

Post by ST-IX » Wed May 06, 2015 7:00 am

Does she need to get her bank statements stamped/verified by the bank or are statements printed online via internet banking acceptable (they are watermarked with banks logo). Please advise.

Thanks
ST

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed May 06, 2015 10:53 am

stamped/verified by the bank
Char (CR001 not Casa)

cricket2010
Newly Registered

Post by cricket2010 » Wed May 06, 2015 11:38 am

ST-IX, You sent me a private message but I am unable to view or respond to it due to restriction on new accounts. Please post your message here.

ST-IX
Newly Registered

Post by ST-IX » Wed May 06, 2015 11:56 am

cricket2010 wrote:ST-IX, You sent me a private message but I am unable to view or respond to it due to restriction on new accounts. Please post your message here.
Hi Cricket 2010,

The question was did you submit bank statements verified by your bank .. Which very helpful members of this forum have already clarified

St

cricket2010
Newly Registered

Post by cricket2010 » Wed May 06, 2015 7:41 pm

ST-IX, I submitted photocopies. That was it.
ST-IX wrote:
cricket2010 wrote:ST-IX, You sent me a private message but I am unable to view or respond to it due to restriction on new accounts. Please post your message here.
Hi Cricket 2010,

The question was did you submit bank statements verified by your bank .. Which very helpful members of this forum have already clarified

St