ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Non British Spouse Giving Birth in UK

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

parisrob
Newly Registered

Non British Spouse Giving Birth in UK

Post by parisrob » Mon May 04, 2015 2:31 pm

Hello everybody. Would really appreciate any input on my situation.

I am a UK citizen (by birth). I have been married to my Venezuelan wife for nearly 3 years (living together in France for 6 years) and she has a EEA family visa for France, valid until 2017.

We have recently moved to Angola for my job, and we are in the middle of arranging our visas (my work visa has just been granted).
Through my company, my wife and I have full medical insurance cover for Angola, UK and Venezuela.

My wife is now 3 months pregnant, and currently in Venezuela waiting to join me in Angola. Her doctor in Venezuela has just told her that he does not advise her to give birth in Venezuela, due to all the shortages they have. She does not currently have a visa to enter the UK (we have never lived there, and up until recently she did not need a visa to enter). Angola is a complete no!

What are our best options if we decide for her to give birth in the UK? Which visa would be best to apply for?

Thanks in advance.
Rob

drinver
Newly Registered
China

Re: Non British Spouse Giving Birth in UK

Post by drinver » Wed May 06, 2015 12:38 am

She could apply to visit the UK for private medical treatment https://www.gov.uk/standard-visitor-visa/overview

You might want to check that your company medical insurance will cover all costs relating to pregnancy and birth - some have restrictions on the cover.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Non British Spouse Giving Birth in UK

Post by CR001 » Wed May 06, 2015 12:42 am

What about having the baby born in South Africa, the private hospitals there are exceptionally good if you have the means to cover the cost.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.