ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

How do I get documents back from UKVI?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Cherrie
Newly Registered

How do I get documents back from UKVI?

Post by Cherrie » Mon May 04, 2015 8:46 pm

Hello lovely people. I am very new to this board. I have a very disturbing and stressful situation regarding my wife's application for settlement. My wife recently applied for a spouse visa from abroad. She submitted her passport to the VAC which was sent to the UKVI Sheffield. When sending the supporting document, I mistakenly included her passport collection slip issued to her at the VAC. When Sheffield received the supporting documents, the ECO pointed out and sent her an email that TB Certificate was not included in her documents and requested that the certificate be sent asap.

Then she went to the TB test centre for the test and they request for her passport or the collection slip/passport data page issued to her at the VAC but she couldnt provide it because I sent them in error to the UKVI Sheffield. Now she cannot do the TB test because she doesnt have her passport or a photocopy of the data page. We are both panicking as we dont know what to do. We were not aware of the TB certificate as a requirement otherwise she should have done it before sending out her passport.

I have written to the UKVI explaining the situation and asking for the collection slip and a copy of her passport page issued at the VAC be returned to me here in the UK or emailed to her. No response from them. She has used the online email form to explain her situation and requesting them to scan and email her passport data page to the TB test centre or to her email address and still not reply.

Please we need advice as we are so scared of refusal on the ground that the TB certificate was not provided. She needs her passport data page or the one copied and issued to her at the VAC be returned or email to her.

Somebody help please.

Thanks for reading.

manci
Respected Guru

Re: How do I get documents back from UKVI?

Post by manci » Tue May 05, 2015 9:57 pm

try to find a test centre that is prepared to do the TB test if you present some other ID document such as birth certificate, marriage certificate, driving licence, etc.

Alternatively, if you cannot, send an email to the ECO explaining the situation with copy correspondence showing your efforts to obtain copy passport and the slip. They are likely to extend the time for producing the TB certificate.

Cherrie
Newly Registered

Post by Cherrie » Wed May 06, 2015 6:45 am

Thanks a million Manci for your response. The TB Test Centre is resolute that the passport data page must be provided. She printed out all her documents: copy of online application, emails from the VAC, biometric appointment letter, email from UKVI requesting TB Certificate, her driver's licence, National ID card etc but the lady at the TB Test centre wouldnt accept them. There are only two test centre in the country and they are very far from each other about 15 hours drive or an hour+ flight.

Email form was completed and sent to UKVI International Inquiry but they said they will escalated the case to the relevant department and get back to me whenever the relevant department gets back to them.

Cherrie
Newly Registered

Post by Cherrie » Wed May 06, 2015 6:59 am

Hello friends, I woke up this morning and saw this email from the UKVI International Enquiry Service as stated below:

Thank you for contacting the UK Visas and Immigration International Enquiry
Service.

Please, find below the information we have received from the relevant
authority in response to the escalation previously made on your case

A decision has been made on your application and your documents will be
dispatched shortly.

Please, note that your passport and documentation could still take some
time to reach you whilst being sent back from the decision making centre
and whilst other administrative formalities are completed. The visa
application centre will be in contact with you regarding the collection or
delivery.

If you have purchased a courier service then your documents will be
dispatched to the delivery address you have provided. We appreciate your
patience while you wait to receive your documents.

For any further details, or should you need to contact us again please
refer to our website at https://ukvi-international.faq-help.com/, select
appropriate country, click next and then select 'E-Mail form' and complete
as instructed. We will aim to come back to you within 1 day.
.........................................................................................................................................................

So, I am a bit confused regarding the contents of the email especially as they mentioned passport and documentation and courier etc. Which decision has been made? Decision on the visa application or decision on the return of the requested documents?

Please, can someone clarify this as I am confused.

Thanks. I appreciate.

Cherrie
Newly Registered

Post by Cherrie » Wed May 06, 2015 7:08 am

Please how do I get the ECO email? Thanks.