ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Jobcentre help for foreigners

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

heyheyheyguys

Jobcentre help for foreigners

Post by heyheyheyguys » Wed May 06, 2015 9:50 am

Can non EU get help from the Jobcentre in terms of finding jobs and applying for jobs, even if they don't intend to seek jobseekers allowance or other benefits?

hellonewhere

Re: Jobcentre help for foreigners

Post by hellonewhere » Wed May 06, 2015 10:13 am

heyheyheyguys wrote:Can non EU get help from the Jobcentre in terms of finding jobs and applying for jobs, even if they don't intend to seek jobseekers allowance or other benefits?
If you have the right to work, I don't see why not?. Jobcentres aren't only for those seeking jobseekers allowance or other benefits.

You can even register online on Jobcentre Plus and access various vacancies?
https://www.gov.uk/jobsearch

If I am wrong, someone else will come along and correct me.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Wed May 06, 2015 10:14 am

hellonewhere is correct
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

hellonewhere

Post by hellonewhere » Wed May 06, 2015 10:18 am

Thanks Casa

OP, also they can give you advice on tips of how to write your CV, cover letters, interview techniques etc.

Please refer to this guide;

http://www.jobcentreguide.co.uk/