ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Family of a settled person visa

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

cooperman123

Family of a settled person visa

Post by cooperman123 » Sun Jul 27, 2014 10:35 pm

I hope that someone can help me. I'm a British citizen and my wife is here on a 33 month spouse visa.
We are applying for my 17 year old stepdaughter to come to the uk to live with us. But I need to be sure of some answers:

1. I am working full time. My salary is £28127. My wife works part time. Does the sponsor have to be me? Or can we both be joint sponsors? I thought naturally it would be me because I earn the most
2. Which appendix do we need? 1 or do we need both 1 and 2

Thanks a lot

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Family of a settled person visa

Post by Amber » Sun Jul 27, 2014 10:47 pm

**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

angie36

Post by angie36 » Wed May 06, 2015 1:22 pm

Hi cooperman123

Can I just ask did u send your visa form in with you
Being the sponsor or was it a joint application. As you are the step father, plus did you go for appendix 1 or 2.
I'm in the same boat I'm British my husband has his leave to remain and I am the stepmom, But my husband is just short of the minimum requirement for 2 children but with both of us it would make over £43000.

Many thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed May 06, 2015 1:24 pm

If your husband is in the UK and applying for an extension, joint incomes can be used.

If the children are British, they are excluded from the financial requirement calculation.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

angie36

Post by angie36 » Wed May 06, 2015 1:29 pm

The children are Indian, so we can use joint names on the visa to meet the financial requirement?. Plus I know this sounds daft but if there are only children coming over and no adult would it be the £22,500 that we would have to show as the form doesn't take in consideration only children.

A Helping Hand
Newly Registered

Post by A Helping Hand » Sun May 10, 2015 2:52 pm

Does your wife has a Sole Responsibility of the child?

This is as important as your finance concerns.

Make a joint application, this will give the child more chances to join the family in the UK.

all the best