ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation-Proof of lawfull residency for a full time st

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Serge
Newly Registered

Naturalisation-Proof of lawfull residency for a full time st

Post by Serge » Wed May 06, 2015 1:24 pm

Hi guys,

New here, just passed my Life in UK test, and am completing my AN form.
I am an EU national, and moved to uk in sept 2008. I have been a full time student since then, completing a bachelors (2008-2012), and now working on second degree (2012-present). During this time I've had some jobs here and there, mostly part-time, or summer jobs.

What paperwork do I need to demonstrate that I was in UK for the required length of time. I do not have payslips for the entire period, only for the last 3 years. I mostly have bank statements, car insurance post, phone bills, some letters from Uni for council tax, etc.

I rang the local Nationality check service to book their services, but in the short phone conversation, I was told that I need payslips for the entire period (last 5 years), and that the fact that I was and still am a full time student does not count as proof of residency?!?

Surely It should count... How can graduating from a full time course not be proof?

Any advice guys?

Thanks in advance!

Serge

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Naturalisation-Proof of lawfull residency for a full tim

Post by CR001 » Wed May 06, 2015 1:26 pm

Did you or do you have comprehensive sickness insurance if your were mostly a student?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Serge
Newly Registered

Post by Serge » Wed May 06, 2015 1:36 pm

No. I have been registered with a GP though since I arrived in UK if that counts?

I am on my family (living in uk, both parents of British citizenship, one by birth ) Travel insurance and have been for at least 3 years (have to check length). I have not thought about this, thank you.

I have been registered on the local electoral list for a few years if it counts?

Also since I'm from the EU, I do not have an entry date stamped in my passport.

I take it from you answer that studentship alone will not stand as proof?

Torex

Post by Torex » Wed May 06, 2015 1:55 pm

You didn't need Comprehensive Sickness Insurance for the period up to 20th June 2011,
so you can use the period September 2008 to 20th June 2011 as a student.
After this period you need CSI, if you didn't have it, you may go either worker or self-sufficient route.
6.6 The following documents are acceptable as evidence of CSI:
  • a comprehensive private medical insurance policy document
    a valid European Health Insurance Card (EHIC) issued by an EEA member state
    other than the UK (or is predecessor form E111)
    form S1 (or its predecessor forms E109 or E121)
    form S2 (or its predecessor form E112), or form S3.
6.7 The following forms of evidence are not acceptable as evidence of comprehensive sickness insurance:
cash back health schemes such as dental/optical/prescription charges.
  • travel insurance
    reliance on the UK’s National Health Service (NHS) does not constitute comprehensive sickness insurance for the purposes of the Regulations, including for students.
You need to prove that you have exercised the Treaty Rights.
Take a loot at this document.
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... Policy.pdf

vinny

Post by vinny » Wed May 06, 2015 2:08 pm

Serge wrote:I am on my family (living in uk, both parents of British citizenship, one by birth )
When and where were you born? Which British parent was born in the UK? Do explain more about your parents and their and your circumstances.

If you are not automatically British, then you may be able to register because of your parents.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Serge
Newly Registered

Post by Serge » Wed May 06, 2015 2:33 pm

vinny wrote:
Serge wrote:I am on my family (living in uk, both parents of British citizenship, one by birth )
When and where were you born? Which British parent was born in the UK?

If you are not automatically British, then you may be able to register because of your parents.
Sorry, should of been more explicit. I was born in Romania, my mom is Romanian, and my step dad is British.

vinny

Post by vinny » Wed May 06, 2015 2:50 pm

When did you come to the UK and how old were you? Did you come with your parents?

Was your mother a qualified person for at least 5 years while you were in the UK?
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Serge
Newly Registered

Post by Serge » Wed May 06, 2015 3:03 pm

vinny wrote:When did you come to the UK and how old were you? Did you come with your parents?

Was your mother a qualified person for at least 5 years while you were in the UK?
I came to UK in july 2008, and started uni same year. I was 18 at the time (born feb 90).
My mom has a bachelors equivalent diploma which she obtained roughly 2004-2005 (in Romania) as far as I remember. She has obtained her British citizenship 2 years ago.

Thank you for all your help btw

Serge
Newly Registered

Post by Serge » Thu May 07, 2015 1:14 pm

Bump. Anyone? Am I able to apply now, or need another 1-2 years of payslips to make it work?

fwd079
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by fwd079 » Thu May 07, 2015 1:22 pm

Serge wrote:Bump. Anyone? Am I able to apply now, or need another 1-2 years of payslips to make it work?
Did you click here?
Being British is a state of mind.
Want to maintain timeline of any thread? Click here and grab template.