ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 Change of employment- Advise on COS

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

avi

Tier 2 Change of employment- Advise on COS

Post by avi » Thu May 07, 2015 10:36 am

I have been on tier 2 since 2011 and got an extension after 3 years last year in October until 2017. However i changed my employer under the same code this April. My new employer has assigned the COS for another 3 years instead of 2.5 years approx as i have been on tier for 3.5 years already.

Do you'll think the homeoffice would refuse my application ? or assign me the remainder period left out of the total 6 years of my tier 2.

When i asked the solicitor of my new employer they said home office would assign the remaining period and it should not be an issue.

Experts please help.

Thanks,

Avi

avi

Re: Tier 2 Change of employment- Advise on COS

Post by avi » Thu May 07, 2015 11:09 am

avi wrote:I have been on tier 2 since 2011 and got an extension after 3 years last year in October until 2017. However i changed my employer under the same code this April. My new employer has assigned the COS for another 3 years instead of 2.5 years approx as i have been on tier for 3.5 years already.

Do you'll think the homeoffice would refuse my application ? or assign me the remainder period left out of the total 6 years of my tier 2.

When i asked the solicitor of my new employer they said home office would assign the remaining period and it should not be an issue.

Any friends with similar experience and Experts please help.

Thanks,

Avi

iworker
Diamond Member
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by iworker » Thu May 07, 2015 2:35 pm

its no problem at all.
your new leave will be for 2.5 years to make it full 6 years.
on the other hand, i dont think u are restricted to 6 years max tier 2 leave as your first leave was given before april 2012

avi

Post by avi » Mon May 11, 2015 12:19 pm

Hello Iworker,

Thanks a lot for your reply. much appreciated. I am relieved to know that.

Regards

Avi

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Mon May 11, 2015 6:33 pm

avi wrote:I have been on tier 2 since 2011 and got an extension after 3 years last year in October until 2017. However i changed my employer under the same code this April. My new employer has assigned the COS for another 3 years instead of 2.5 years approx as i have been on tier for 3.5 years already.

the period of leave will be the work end date stated in the CoS + 14 days or 6 years from your initial T2G leave (assuming it was granted after 5 April 2011) whichever is the shorter

Experts please help.

Thanks,

Avi

avi

Post by avi » Mon May 11, 2015 7:06 pm

Thank you very much Manci, so i presume my application is safe and the application won't be refused.

Regards

Avi

talk2ram.28
BANNED

Post by talk2ram.28 » Mon May 11, 2015 9:42 pm

There is a cap of 6 years for Tier 2 for applications from Apr 6 2011. Though the rule was announced only on Apr 2012 it was retrospectively applied from apr 2011.