ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Indefinite Leave to Remain to Naturalization: Process?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

jayman21
Newly Registered

Indefinite Leave to Remain to Naturalization: Process?

Post by jayman21 » Fri May 08, 2015 9:54 am

Hello All,

Thanks for always sharing very useful information via this forum. I need you help regarding the current step and processes to convert from Indefinite Leave to Remain to naturalization and obtaining the British passport.

My cousin who has been on indefinite leave to remain in the UK since Feb 2014 is now due for naturalization (Feb 2015). Now 1 yr and 3 months in ILR. My cousin obtained his ILR via the spouse visa rout as his wife is British.

Can you advise what the current steps and processes are how to go about the application and obtaining the British passport?
Thank you and await you advices.

vinny

Re: Indefinite Leave to Remain to Naturalization: Process?

Post by vinny » Fri May 08, 2015 10:01 am

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

blooms

Post by blooms » Fri May 08, 2015 10:09 am

Becoming a citizen and getting a passport are two separate processes. Many British citizens do not hold a passport.

So, first you become a British citizen following the link above. At the end of that process, you become a citizen and get a certificate too. After that is complete, you can then apply to the passport office to get a passport.

jayman21
Newly Registered

Post by jayman21 » Sat May 16, 2015 1:03 pm

@blooms and Vinny thanks for your contribution. I will check the links shared.