ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Form AN - Names

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

gumfree7

Form AN - Names

Post by gumfree7 » Fri May 08, 2015 9:59 am

Hello,

I'm completing the Form AN - I need a bit of help. On 1.5 it says to enter your surname, on 1.6 it says to enter Other names.

So if I enter my surname on 1.5, and do I enter my full FIRST NAME & SURNAME on 1.6? Also if I changed my name through deed poll do I enter my old name on 1.7?

Thank you

vignezh
United Kingdom

Re: Form AN - Names

Post by vignezh » Fri May 08, 2015 10:16 am

Other name is your first name and 1.7 will be previous name in full.

hellonewhere

Post by hellonewhere » Fri May 08, 2015 10:17 am

Hi,

1.5 - your current surname ( same as your deed poll )

1.6 - your first name and middle name ( same as your deed poll ) - other name is just first name and middle name

1.7 - first name, middle name and surname at birth

Page 23; add a note to state that you changed your name by deed poll and attach your deed poll.

Lets wait for some more experts' opinions.

gumfree7

Post by gumfree7 » Fri May 08, 2015 8:45 pm

Thank you all for clearing it up!

I just had another question. I was dependent on my mother for the 6 years, I have an EHIC card issued from the UK, I'm applying as an individual but am under 21.

Will I have to add a cover page to explain I was dependent on my mother and include her documents i.e. her EEA Card + my Birth Certificate or letters from my school/college be enough to prove I was here for 6 years? (I already have a permanent residence card that I got through my mother when she applied, it is however less than a year old but the card was applied for just to verify permanent residence)

Thank you! :D

gumfree7

Post by gumfree7 » Sat May 09, 2015 3:14 pm

bump