ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 years long residence applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

hapoo

Re: 10 years long residence applications

Post by hapoo » Thu May 07, 2015 9:50 pm

sud315 wrote:
hapoo wrote:Hi,

any news?

i am still waiting as my application was so straightforward. no gap, no overstay, no appeal . all visas on time.

student, psw and the tier 1 general.

people applied after me got the visas

the wait is very very stressful when you can see that they are doing march application and you still waiting :roll:

i received second email on 31/03/15 that its still under consideration?

what that mean ? has anyone else got that email? i know usman got that email but got visa after a week.

thanks,

Hapoo few others had also received this second email but received their decision few weeks later (row no 21/22 on timeline)
Was there any one at your home to sign and accept this delivery?
I think you better call and check to see if you have missed the post, just in case...
Hope you get it soon, good luck!
Thanks sud315,
I included special delivery envelope and the tracking is still showing come back later. Will HO use that while returning the documents or they can send it through their normal post?
and if i miss the delivery they must have leave any card.

i think i have to wait and see as there is no other option

???
Newly Registered

Post by ??? » Thu May 07, 2015 10:05 pm

you may get your visa by next week as I had mine 2nd week after the second email.

Usman
hapoo wrote:
sud315 wrote:

any news?

i am still waiting as my application was so straightforward. no gap, no overstay, no appeal . all visas on time.

the wait is very very stressful when you can see that they are doing march application and you still waiting :roll:

what that mean ? has anyone else got that email? i know usman got that email but got visa after a week.

thanks,

Hapoo few others had also received this second email but received their decision few weeks later (row no 21/22 on timeline)
Was there any one at your home to sign and accept this delivery?
I think you better call and check to see if you have missed the post, just in case...
Hope you get it soon, good luck!
Thanks sud315,
I included special delivery envelope and the tracking is still showing come back later. Will HO use that while returning the documents or they can send it through their normal post?

hapoo

Post by hapoo » Thu May 07, 2015 11:04 pm

InshAllah
thanks brother usman

shoaibsuleman

Post by shoaibsuleman » Fri May 08, 2015 11:11 am

Arsal385 wrote:
shoaibsuleman wrote:Hi

Im planning to apply FLR(M) for my wife and I've got a question in regards to english language requirement.

My wife has done MBA from Pakistan and she got UKNARIC certificate(Degree comparablilty certificate) confirming her qualification is comparable to "British Bachelor (Ordinary) degree" and she got the letter from the PK university confirming all the courses taught in English.

Would that fullfil her English Language requirement or she still need to give A1(correct me if Im wrong) english test?

Appreciate your quick reply!

Ta
Shoaib
That would be suffice. You will need to send original degree and letter from PK uni regarding medium of instruction and UK NARIC letter for degree equivalency to support language requirement for FLR (M)
Thanks for quick reply. I'm planning to go on Window as my wife is expecting and in the last stage of pregnancy. So I was wondering does Home office let me in with my Wife? Or I need to wait outside?

shoaibsuleman

Post by shoaibsuleman » Fri May 08, 2015 12:31 pm

Hi

I got my indiefinte on the basis of LR. Now im applying for FLR(M) for my wife. I got question about how to pay NHS Surcharge.

I added my wife detail for NHS surcharge then do I need to add the details of Main applicant as well(i.e. me)? It ask main applicant IHS number but I dont have one as I dont needed because i got my ILR. Also it ask for visa status, not sure what to select from that Drop down of catagory!

Can some one please help I got appointment on Tuesday for premium service and can't get my head around what to select.

Many thanks
Shoaib

Since2015
Newly Registered

Post by Since2015 » Fri May 08, 2015 1:09 pm

Hi All,

I have just received an approval letter with my docs.

This forum is simply great.

Thanks

UKres

Post by UKres » Fri May 08, 2015 2:22 pm

Hi Guys , if anyone is requested SAR report recently ?i uave posted my request on 28th feb till now i haven't got it yet.

2 weeks back i sent them a reminder and got reply back saying "getting difficulties to get some or whole of your data , once we get the information we will send it you"

Does anyone have come to this kind of situation?

I have to apply SET(LR) in August, just want to make sure to they have recorded correct information in their system.

Thanks

hapoo

Post by hapoo » Fri May 08, 2015 2:22 pm

Congratulation, that was quick

i am still waiting?
what was your status means you were at tier 1 general or student ?

thanks,
Since2015 wrote:Hi All,

Thanks

Since

Post by Since » Fri May 08, 2015 2:51 pm

I was on Tier 1 categories.

Thanks
hapoo wrote:Congratulation, that was quick

i am still waiting?

thanks,

Thanks

hapoo

Post by hapoo » Fri May 08, 2015 2:56 pm

hi,

i applied on 16/03/2015 and received 2nd email on 30/04/15 that its still underconsideration?

my status : student, psw and tier 1 general valid till feb 2016- no gap- no overstay- no appeal but i think its luck :oops:

i am so worried now but no option ---just wait

thanks
Since wrote:I was on Tier 1 categories.

Thanks
hapoo wrote:Congratulation, that was quick

i am still waiting?

thanks,

Thanks

maddysheffield
Member of Standing

Post by maddysheffield » Fri May 08, 2015 3:32 pm

sud315 wrote:
klassic4808 wrote:I am new on the board. I need some expert advise. I am in the uk on student visa from 9 year and six month. My current visa is due to finish June 2015. However i am eligible for ILR in Dec2015. At the moment no college and university are willing to give me admission in any course as I have already finished most of the education during my stay. My question is can I make FLR(FP) application to cover remaining months? and If my Flr(fp) refuse then will home office give me appeal right? I am living with my wife and two kids. Thanks
If you've been studying all this while, you must have high level education.
So why don't you try for a job?

I was on similar case as I was also short of 6 months last summer, then I applied 1 year student visa again.

Hi klassic4808" ignore any personal references . First yes you can apply for FLR(fp) since you have just 6 months left to complete 10 years they would consider your request .

on the Basis of Family life since u have kids ( is anyone born in UK? ) if yes then that would help and the only issues is that you would be paying for the Application fee .

Now when you apply it usually takes a bit of time ( since the application is with HO you are considered to be legal in uk )

And you can apply as soon as possible .

Any questions just ask

@SUD315 when you couldn't get the job and had to apply for student extension there is not point in asking someone else to get a job because he was here . No one asked your personal views . This is a thread which is for helping each other not pulling legs or puuting your personal thoughts I guess you undersatand .

Good luck guys

smir
Member of Standing
India

Post by smir » Fri May 08, 2015 6:12 pm

New guidance issued today for 10 year long residence applications

This guidance is for case workers who take decision about application after reading these guidance

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... -residence

Please read all

Waqasansaar
Newly Registered

Post by Waqasansaar » Fri May 08, 2015 7:14 pm

No I don't have any update yet dude. As I am also still waiting. My case was also straight forward no refusal no appeal nothing at all. I applied one week earlier than you but we had bio same day. Let's hope for best.

any news?

thanks,

Waqasansaar wrote:That's true. People apply through solicitor don't get email. As I only received letter. My solicitor said its all up to them but it's been 2 months so if they had any query they would have ask for that.

sud315

Post by sud315 » Fri May 08, 2015 9:33 pm

maddysheffield wrote:
@SUD315 when you couldn't get the job and had to apply for student extension there is not point in asking someone else to get a job because he was here . No one asked your personal views . This is a thread which is for helping each other not pulling legs or puuting your personal thoughts I guess you undersatand .

Good luck guys
I honestly wasn't trying to be mean :roll: :oops: y are you blaming me for? :x
I imagined he/she would have probably phd, so then universities mostly offer/ help their students that way and all.
That is what I mentioned, trying to help. you are mistaken :|

sud315

Post by sud315 » Fri May 08, 2015 9:38 pm

hapoo wrote: Thanks sud315,

Hapoo I'm sure I read a post somewhere, months ago that some 1 found their envelop just lying (in block of flats I suppose)
But it wasn't mentioned if a special delivery envelop was sent or not.
Also when I applied last visa, although I sent special delivery envelop, my docs weren't returned on that! Hope that they deal more carefully with all ILR docs though!
Good luck!

sud315

Post by sud315 » Fri May 08, 2015 9:40 pm

Thanks
That's great news! Congrats!
Btw, I cant see your record on timeline.
When did you apply please?

sud315

Post by sud315 » Fri May 08, 2015 9:47 pm

smir wrote:New guidance issued today for 10 year long residence applications

This guidance is for case workers who take decision about application after reading these guidance

Please read all
Thanks for updating us so promptly smir :)

hapoo

Post by hapoo » Fri May 08, 2015 11:37 pm

sud315 wrote:
hapoo wrote: Thanks sud315,

Hapoo I'm sure I read a post somewhere, months ago that some 1 found their envelop just lying (in block of flats I suppose)
But it wasn't mentioned if a special delivery envelop was sent or not.
Also when I applied last visa, although I sent special delivery envelop, my docs weren't returned on that! Hope that they deal more carefully with all ILR docs though!
Good luck!
thanks sud315, i will wait next week and then call them to check the status. hope to get good news soon :roll: and best of luck to u as well,
thanks

Zee ali
Diamond Member

Post by Zee ali » Fri May 08, 2015 11:44 pm

sud315 wrote:

Thanks
That's great news! Congrats!
Btw, I cant see your record on timeline.
When did you apply please?
His name is S2015 on google sheet.

Since2015= S2015 Common sense
I am not an immigration adviser
Any views expressed are my own opinion and should not be considered as legal advice
No liability is accepted for the content and for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided

amjadleeds
Member of Standing

Post by amjadleeds » Fri May 08, 2015 11:55 pm

Hi Everyone

Hope you are keeping well, I have applied my ILR in 2012 and case decided in 2014 after 18 months, before that they refused my family member application with right of appeal case went to court before my case decision they got Flro on basis of children more than 8 year in this country, Last year after family got visa they gave me visa on basis of private and family life,

In 2005 HO made case work allegation and after two year before final hearing HO took case back during this period my leave was expired and applied 10 late due to case was in court, they mentioned it was broken period.
I was on tier 1 and completed 4 years before applying ILR on basis of 10 year rule, and they gave me private and family life visa.
I have question can my family apply ILR now they have completed their 10 year or their period broken as well, my son completed 10 year in this country, daughter born here will be 10 year in october.

Your advice and guidance will be really appreciated.

Regards
Amjad leeds
amjadleeds

klassic4808
Newly Registered

Post by klassic4808 » Sat May 09, 2015 12:55 am

maddysheffield wrote:
sud315 wrote:
klassic4808 wrote:I am new on the board. I need some expert advise. I am in the uk on student visa from 9 year and six month. My current visa is due to finish June 2015. However i am eligible for ILR in Dec2015. At the moment no college and university are willing to give me admission in any course as I have already finished most of the education during my stay. My question is can I make FLR(FP) application to cover remaining months? and If my Flr(fp) refuse then will home office give me appeal right? I am living with my wife and two kids. Thanks
If you've been studying all this while, you must have high level education.
So why don't you try for a job?

I was on similar case as I was also short of 6 months last summer, then I applied 1 year student visa again.

Hi klassic4808" ignore any personal references . First yes you can apply for FLR(fp) since you have just 6 months left to complete 10 years they would consider your request .

on the Basis of Family life since u have kids ( is anyone born in UK? ) if yes then that would help and the only issues is that you would be paying for the Application fee .

Now when you apply it usually takes a bit of time ( since the application is with HO you are considered to be legal in uk )

And you can apply as soon as possible .

Any questions just ask

Good luck guys

Thank you so much "maddysheffield" for your reply.

Yes i have two UK born children, also I have been offered PHD place in the university but course will start in September. However my visa will end June. I prefer to go with student visa but due to fact I can not enroll September session. Now my question is If for some reason my FLR(FP) application will refuse home office will give me appeal right ?

Please advise me.

Thnanks

Basra

Post by Basra » Sat May 09, 2015 2:55 am

@ all,,,hope every one fine.I have applied ilr on 10 years basis...my PSW visa was expired on 09 th March 2013 and I applied tier 1 entrepreneur visa on 13th March 2013 (3 days out of time application) my visa was refused and I applied judicial rreview,,finally In June 2014 home office issued me visa before judicial review hearing....I want it to know what ll be effect on my ilr application.... My ilr time line is..

Application posted. 22 April 2015
Fee deduct: 24 April 2015
Acknowledgement letter Received. 30th April 2015
Bio matric received and done. 30th April 2015.
Then awaiting.......

Please reply me about my query with your experience. Thanks

honey143

Post by honey143 » Sat May 09, 2015 2:08 pm

Hi there,
I'm on tier 1 entrepreneur visa 200k, I did Toeic n meanwile I completed my msc degree from Birmingham City uni , my question is now I'm going for ILR with my degree as a proof of English ..... Will it be ok?

dial2all

Post by dial2all » Sun May 10, 2015 2:09 pm

Hi all,
applied for my wife ILR SET (LR) ( 10 years dependant visa ),
my self British citizen.
Applied: 01/04/15
-Acknowledge email received: 14/04/15
-Biometric letter received: 15/04/15
-Biometric done: 15/04/15
-Approval received: 07/05/2015
-BPR: delivery : waiting ( hope BPR will arrive on monday 11/05/15)

SJ307

Post by SJ307 » Mon May 11, 2015 9:07 am

smir wrote:New guidance issued today for 10 year long residence applications

Please read all
Hi smir,
Thanks for the notification. Are you aware of any key changes they made in this version, compared to the previous one?