ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Standard Visitor Visa - Help regarding docs

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

mahwishjawa
Newly Registered

Standard Visitor Visa - Help regarding docs

Post by mahwishjawa » Sat May 09, 2015 8:28 am

Hello,
i am applying for visitor visa for UK in next week. My brother in law is sponsoring my visit (my sister is on dependent visa). Following is the list of docs that i (according to my knowledge) have gathered:-

(From my side)
1. My passport
2. White background photos
3. 6 months payslips
4. 6 months bank statement and account maintenance letter
5. Family registration certificate (to prove my relation to my sister whose husband is sponsoring me)
6. Income tax return
7. No objection certificate from my organization (as i serve in military)
8. My mother's passport copy (as she is dependent on me, to show that i will be coming back to her)

(From my bro-in-law side)
1. Invitation letter
2. 6 month bank statements + pay slips
3. his passport and visa copy
4. my sister's passport copy and their marriage certificate
5. tenancy agreement
6. His employment letter

Now my questions are:-
A. are these docs enough? is something missing? or is something more than required? like should i send my sister's passport copy and marriage certificate or are they useless?

B. i have one other sister in Saudi Arabia but her name is not mentioned in Family Registration Certificate (due to some problem at NADRA's end), would that be a problem? i got that certificate to prove my relationship to the sister i am visiting in UK.

C. MOST IMPORTANTLY, i have read different threads on this site about sending original or scanned docs of sponsor, some say they are fine but others emphasize that its a MUST to send originals. it'd be easier and no doubt cheaper if i could use scanned copies of my sponsor's docs, so should i use the scanned ones?

D. Is it ok if i send photocopies of my payslips as i heard if i send originals, i wont get them back and being in my profession, we need the original payslips later on

Please guide me. this is my first time applying visa for any country and i am not sure if what i am doing is right. Looking forward to you guidance.

mahwishjawa
Newly Registered

Re: Standard Visitor Visa - Help regarding docs

Post by mahwishjawa » Sat May 09, 2015 7:58 pm

Please help! its urgent..

v4vikramrana
Newly Registered

Re: Standard Visitor Visa - Help regarding docs

Post by v4vikramrana » Thu May 14, 2015 9:40 am

Hi,

Would you mind confirming if your application was successful? I am in a similar boat.

I am sponsoring for my sister. However, I did not provide any document to prove our relationship as her & my passport carry our parent's name.

Regards
Vikram