ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

approval letter-special delivery

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ohojska

approval letter-special delivery

Post by ohojska » Fri May 08, 2015 9:12 pm

Dear All,
We are about to attend the NCS to submit my husband's AN application. Can I just purchase the special delivery envelope from the post office and ask the NCS employee to attache it with his application that the HO can use it to send the approval? Or is that not allowed and we will have to wait for the brown envelope?
Regards

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Re: approval letter-special delivery

Post by cs95tdg » Fri May 08, 2015 9:20 pm

I have seen some applicants on this forum who have sent a SD envelope when applying through the NCS. So it looks like it's possible. However I think there's no guarantee that the HO will use it, as I saw an instance or two where the decision letter had been sent through regular second class post, even when a SD envelope had been sent. I'd say there's definitely no harm in sending one though.

ohojska

Post by ohojska » Fri May 08, 2015 9:22 pm

cs95tdg wrote:I have seen some applicants on this forum who have sent a SD envelope when applying through the NCS. So it looks like it's possible. However I think there's no guarantee that the HO will use it, as I saw an instance or two where the decision letter had been sent through regular second class post, even when a SD envelope had been sent. I'd say there's definitely no harm in sending one though.
Thank you for the prompt reply

hellonewhere

Post by hellonewhere » Sat May 09, 2015 8:49 am

cs95tdg wrote:I have seen some applicants on this forum who have sent a SD envelope when applying through the NCS. So it looks like it's possible. However I think there's no guarantee that the HO will use it, as I saw an instance or two where the decision letter had been sent through regular second class post, even when a SD envelope had been sent. I'd say there's definitely no harm in sending one though.

I sent a self addressed pre-paid special delivery envelope for my documents to be returned but my caseworker didn't use it. It was returned to me with my documents and approval letter via regular second class post. So you are right, there's no guarantee they would use it but no harm in sending one.