ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Help needed with KOL for ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

okokok

Help needed with KOL for ILR

Post by okokok » Tue Apr 28, 2015 1:47 pm

I am on Tier 2 general.
My PhD was done in English even though not in an English-speaking country.
It was proved back in 2009 when applying for Tier 2 general visa.
I ticked the box "language qualification is proven earlier" in 2011 when extending my Tier 2 general visa.
I am now applying for ILR.
Could anybody explain me please which of the following is correct:
A. My language qualification is proven automatically.
B. I have to hold language test.
C. I have to contact NARIC to ask them for another confirmation that my PhD was in English (this has been given back in 2009).
D. Other option.
I am about to apply so a little short on time. Sorry if this is not a new question.
Life in the UK is done.
Many thanks,
Ogudno

okokok

Re: Help needed with KOL for ILR

Post by okokok » Thu Apr 30, 2015 5:24 pm

Any idea, guys?

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Thu Apr 30, 2015 6:16 pm

Either get the Points Based Calculator score, where you should score 10points for your degree, or else get a NARIC English language assessment for the degree.
Either will be acceptable. You need to meet the KoL requirement for ILR irrespective of the fact that it was met as part of previous immigration applications.

okokok

Post by okokok » Sat May 09, 2015 12:50 pm

cs95tdg wrote:Either get the Points Based Calculator score, where you should score 10points for your degree, or else get a NARIC English language assessment for the degree.
Either will be acceptable. You need to meet the KoL requirement for ILR irrespective of the fact that it was met as part of previous immigration applications.
Many thanks for the reply.
I cannot quite get it: at what point can I claim PBC score? I remember two years ago there was an option "language skills proven during the previous application". Does this option exist in ILR application? I just cannot find it.

WR1

Post by WR1 » Sat May 09, 2015 1:16 pm

okokok wrote:I remember two years ago there was an option "language skills proven during the previous application". Does this option exist in ILR application? I just cannot find it.
The option still exists but only in certain applications, for example it is present in naturalisation applications but not ILR.

Unless there is a tick box option within the form itself, you will have to demonstrate you meet the requirement as mentioned, either PBS calculator or confirmation from UK NARIC.
I am not an immigration adviser
Any views expressed are my own opinion and should not be considered as legal advice
No liability is accepted for the content and for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided

okokok

Post by okokok » Sat May 09, 2015 1:53 pm

WR1 wrote:
okokok wrote:I remember two years ago there was an option "language skills proven during the previous application". Does this option exist in ILR application? I just cannot find it.
The option still exists but only in certain applications, for example it is present in naturalisation applications but not ILR.

Unless there is a tick box option within the form itself, you will have to demonstrate you meet the requirement as mentioned, either PBS calculator or confirmation from UK NARIC.
Thank you very much for a clear answer. I cannot see this box at the ILR application. Neither I can see PBS for Tier 2. Where this PBS calculator is?

Many thanks!