ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

urgent applying for bc but need confirmation

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ASHA607

urgent applying for bc but need confirmation

Post by ASHA607 » Sun May 03, 2015 1:32 pm

Hi all,
I'm going to apply for my daughter BC through the MN1 under section 1(3) of the British nationality act 11981. The confusion is I actually got her Indian registration through HCI London and then applied for Indian passport through online at VFS LONDON. However, due to my ILR application process I didn't take any appointment to VFS and nothing submit personally/physically. Now I got my ILR and changed my mind. I don't want to apply her for Indian passport anymore. So the question is .
1. Would there be any problems if I apply for her BC NOW through MN1 bearing mind the above. She has born in UK before I got ILR and she is 7 years old now. Please confirm me ASAP. Many thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: urgent applying for bc but need confirmation

Post by CR001 » Sun May 03, 2015 4:15 pm

Cannot answer your question about the Indian passport but as the child was born in the UK, it is an entitlement to apply for British citizenship and should not be an issued in relation to the Indian embassy processes.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

ASHA607

Post by ASHA607 » Sun May 03, 2015 4:41 pm

Hi CR001,
Many thanks again. I also would like to confirm one thing from you. Which I posted in my previous post for you and waiting for your answer. I'm posting here again as you might lost that track.
Could you please inform me about pbs dependents 5 year route ILR financial requirement. 
1. As you know I got my ilr on 5 year route and applying for my wife's pbs extention next week as she is in UK only for 1.5 yrs. However one friend told me that in future that means after 3.5 years when she will apply for her ILR she need to show the financial requirements. Is it true? Could you please clarify me. Many thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun May 03, 2015 5:04 pm

If she extends her PBS Dep visa until she reaches the 5 years residence requirement, the rules for pbs dep need to be followed which I understand at the moment is to show maintenance funds.

Which financial requirement exactly are your (or your friend) referring to?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

ASHA607

Post by ASHA607 » Sun May 03, 2015 5:22 pm

This is what I understood from your other post. But my friend argued me with the reference of solicitors that when my wife will apply for her ILR then I need to show the financial requirement that I have earned GBP 18600. Is this true?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun May 03, 2015 5:46 pm

The £18,600 financial requirement is only applicable if your spouse applies as spouse of settled person on Set(M) after being in the UK for the qualifying period on a spouse visa (FLR(M)).

This is not the case for you as you said you were extending the pbs deb visa which means spouse applies on Set(O)
Char (CR001 not Casa)

ASHA607

Post by ASHA607 » Sun May 03, 2015 6:38 pm

Exactly. I'm with you. That means the solicitor making him a fool. As he wanted to apply through solicitors and I told him why don't he apply for pbs extending which is so easy and no hassle. Then he told me it's sane thing as financial requirements is same in SET (M) and SET (O). But actually which is not the case. Thanks a lot CR001. I was really worried because his reference.

ASHA607

Post by ASHA607 » Sun May 03, 2015 6:46 pm

As far as my understanding while my wife will apply for ILR on set (o) the only requirements will be
1. Life in the UK test
2. English LLanguage
3. Maintenance funds
4. No financial requirements.
5. 5 years on PBS dependent visa

Or is there any other things I'm missing here could you please confirm me for the final time. Really sorry for bothering you and again.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun May 03, 2015 7:09 pm

You also need :

Marriage certificate
Proof of cohabitation from 6 different sources covering the last two years, either in joint names or addressed individually to each of you at the same address.

What level of English language test does your wife have to meet this requirement?
Char (CR001 not Casa)

ASHA607

Post by ASHA607 » Sun May 03, 2015 7:36 pm

Thanks a million CR001,
Proof of cohabitation 6 different address is so useful for me now. So that I can plan accordingly. She taught a degree course from India and the university is listed in the point base calculator which gives 10 points. So I'm thinking to get the NARIC letter for it. Is this letter will be enough?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun May 03, 2015 7:56 pm

Yes, that should be fine.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

ASHA607

Post by ASHA607 » Sun May 03, 2015 8:04 pm

Many thanks for so quick reply. All things are in order now and peace of mind. I'm going to apply for my wife said PBS dependent application by post on next week by 10th by special delivery as her visa expires on 14th. I'm filling her application and would be grateful to you if you could check this post by 8th May. As before submission if I would stuck for some reason so would like to confirm from you for final check.

ASHA607

Post by ASHA607 » Sat May 09, 2015 5:09 pm

Hi CR001,

Many thanks for your guide. I have applied yesterday for my wife's pbs tier 1 visa extention and also applied MN1 for my daughter through NCS. thank you so much for all your support and guide. You are truly a star and a life saver. Will update you about result.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat May 09, 2015 6:17 pm

You are welcome Asha607 and good luck and keep us updated.
Char (CR001 not Casa)