ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Do I qualify for Child Benefit?

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

yhdil

Do I qualify for Child Benefit?

Post by yhdil » Sat May 09, 2015 4:19 pm

Hi guys, I wonder if anyone could help me with the following question.

I hold ILR status since Jan'2015. My wife has switched to FLR (M) status and her Biometric Card clearly states no recourse to Public Funds. Our 1 Year old UK born child holds British Citizenship since Feb'2015.

If I apply for my child's benefit, would it have any adverse effect on my Mrs FLR (M) visa extension and her ILR later on?

I have looked almost everywhere at the Gov.UK website but couldn't find any convincing answer. Is there any Home Office guide for it?

Please help.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Do I qualify for Child Benefit?

Post by Amber » Sat May 09, 2015 5:15 pm

Claim ChB in your name, no effect.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

ASHA607

Post by ASHA607 » Sat May 09, 2015 6:03 pm

Hi Amber, first of all apologise for posting here. I posted in claiming bnefits but 43 views and no answer at all and I have no idea at all about benefits and all...my case is like this,
I have gone through all the posts but still confused after going through https://www.gov.uk/child-benefit-tax-calculator. I'm on ILR and applied for my daughters BC through NCS and also applied for my wife (Indian) pbs Tier 1 extention through post last week. Could you please help me with the following:

1. Can I apply child benefit for my daughter.
2. Can I appply Child Tax credit though my annual earning came about GBP 31,746 before tax and NI.
3. Can I apply housing benefit as well. Is there any benefit will effect my wifes extention as well as her ILR application after 3.5 years.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Sat May 09, 2015 6:19 pm

1. Yes
2. Unlikely due to income.
3. Unlikely due to income.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

yhdil

Post by yhdil » Sat May 09, 2015 6:37 pm

Hi
Many thanks for the prompt reply.

Does that mean that I do not fill in my Mrs details in the form? If not, then how do I ensure that it is claimed through my name only?

ASHA607

Post by ASHA607 » Sat May 09, 2015 7:58 pm

Many thanks Amber.
Unfortunately all money goes in rent, council tax, electricity and rest all saving goes to home office the way the increase fees and give time limits of visa. So, I have no chance then for CTC due to income.

ASHA607

Post by ASHA607 » Sat May 09, 2015 8:01 pm

Hi yhdl,
What AMber meant is that you apply in your name but include her name in the form. As per my understanding that won't effect her as it's due to your entitlement. However also confirm from AMBER