ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Dependant from India

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Janardhan E
Newly Registered

ILR Dependant from India

Post by Janardhan E » Sun May 10, 2015 11:16 am

Hi and Thank you for everyone helping on this board.

I have a small query on my dependent online application as below.

my wife was on Tier1 General Dependant until 8th February 2015 but left UK on 1st September 2014 as she was pregnant followed by child born in India on December 1st 2014.
I was granted ILR on 7th Feb 2015. and Now I am planing to apply ILR Dependent to only my wife. now my question is

while filling online application for ILR Dependent there is a question: Do you have any dependent children?
shall I put yes or no ?

my doubt is my wife comes under my dependent and child will come under my dependent hence I am assuming it is NO?? as child will not come under my wife's dependent?? is this right?

any suggestions??? please

A Helping Hand
Newly Registered

Re: ILR Dependant from India

Post by A Helping Hand » Sun May 10, 2015 1:39 pm

Regardless of what Visa your wife was on...

As you are sponsoring them and are ILR holder, both your wife and child would be your dependent.

You are right because both the Mother and the Child are in India hence the child will be your wife's dependent on the application. However, You will be required to give a support letter for both not only for your wife.

You will need to make clear in your supporting documents / Accommodation and Finance (£22,400 ) that you meet all the requirement for your wife and Child in the UK.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun May 10, 2015 2:46 pm

And pay the NHS surcharge for both (£200 per year per person for 3 years = £600 each = £1200 ) upfront at point of application.

https://www.gov.uk/healthcare-immigrati ... cation/pay
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Janardhan E
Newly Registered

Post by Janardhan E » Sun May 10, 2015 6:18 pm

Thank you all for quick replies

at the moment I am applying only for my wife as my dependent . and in the online application of my wife's dependent application there is a question 'Do you have any dependents?'
now as per your answers it is clear that it is: yes
but earlier my confusion was both my wife and kid comes under my dependents and therefore my child is not dependent of my wife.
now I am clear that even though I am the sponsor, I have to mention my child as my wife's dependent in the online application. if I am not wrong.