ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FPN and PCN declare in application

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

suka1989
Newly Registered

FPN and PCN declare in application

Post by suka1989 » Wed May 06, 2015 1:48 am

Hi everyone,

I have a question, I am currently in the process of filling in the application form for citizenship and in last three months a got 1 parking ticket and 1 fixed penalty notice for driving without insurance which I paid the £300 and ended up with 6 points in my licence and that was it.

Now do i need to declare these in my application? I spoke to a few lawyers who have all said yes i would need to declare the fixed penalty notice even though it didn't go to court I'm very confused

please help

thank you in advance

fwd079
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Re: FPN and PCN declare in application

Post by fwd079 » Wed May 06, 2015 8:31 am

suka1989 wrote:Hi everyone,

I have a question, I am currently in the process of filling in the application form for citizenship and in last three months a got 1 parking ticket and 1 fixed penalty notice for driving without insurance which I paid the £300 and ended up with 6 points in my licence and that was it.

Now do i need to declare these in my application? I spoke to a few lawyers who have all said yes i would need to declare the fixed penalty notice even though it didn't go to court I'm very confused

please help

thank you in advance

Page 9 says:
3.6 – 3.7 You must give details of all criminal convictions both within and outside the United Kingdom. These include road traffic offences. Fixed penalty notices (such as speeding or parking tickets) must be disclosed, although will not normally be taken into account unless:

• you have failed to pay and there were criminal proceedings as a result; or

• you have received numerous fixed penalty notices.

Drink driving offences must be declared. If you have any endorsements on your driving licence you must provide the paper counterpart.
Please note that a driving conviction may not yet be disregarded despite any penalty points being removed from your driving licence.
But we have an example of approval for a member with 6 points on their licence at time of application. So declaration doesn't necessarily mean rejection. I'd book NCS and see what they say. Good luck.
Being British is a state of mind.
Want to maintain timeline of any thread? Click here and grab template.

rakeysh.patel
Diamond Member

Post by rakeysh.patel » Wed May 06, 2015 9:30 am

This is very interesting! - I applied in March through NCS and had 3 points on my license from Dec 2008 and I was asked not to include it. If I remember correctly, advice I got was (and I quote) - "do not complicate your case by submitting information that is not required!"

Makes me worried a tick now :(
An [Expensive] Immigrant journey has ended 19/08/2015. Good luck to you all out there...

fwd079
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by fwd079 » Wed May 06, 2015 9:35 am

rakeysh.patel wrote:This is very interesting! - I applied in March through NCS and had 3 points on my license from Dec 2008 and I was asked not to include it. If I remember correctly, advice I got was (and I quote) - "do not complicate your case by submitting information that is not required!"

Makes me worried a tick now :(
Shouldn't worry you at all. The post is about current points on licence. Your Points are gone aren't they?
Also:
3.6 – 3.7 You must give details of all criminal convictions both within and outside the United Kingdom. These include road traffic offences. Fixed penalty notices (such as speeding or parking tickets) must be disclosed, although will not normally be taken into account unless:

you have failed to pay and there were criminal proceedings as a result; or

• you have received numerous fixed penalty notices.
If neither apply to you then don't worry, if points are cleared now and you didn't mention then personally I would not think that is a big deal. Good luck.

suka1989
Newly Registered

Post by suka1989 » Wed May 06, 2015 5:02 pm

Thank you! So I should leave it out than so not to complicate my application.

fwd079
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by fwd079 » Thu May 07, 2015 1:12 pm

suka1989 wrote:Thank you! So I should leave it out than so not to complicate my application.
This is not what I suggested.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Thu May 07, 2015 1:29 pm

If the points and fine were not given by the court, then only include your paper counterpart if you still have endorsed points on there.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

fwd079
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by fwd079 » Thu May 07, 2015 1:57 pm

Amber wrote:If the points and fine were not given by the court, then only include your paper counterpart if you still have endorsed points on there.
Thanks for guidance Amber.

suka1989
Newly Registered

Post by suka1989 » Sun May 10, 2015 8:58 pm

Thanks guys for the reply,

Amber my licence got revoked so I don't have any counterpart, in this case what would I do?

Thank you

fwd079
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by fwd079 » Mon May 11, 2015 10:06 am

suka1989 wrote:Thanks guys for the reply,

Amber my licence got revoked so I don't have any counterpart, in this case what would I do?

Thank you
Please do not post multiple posts (1, 2) as it is against the rules.

Personally I see revocation of licence as not a small incident, I'd wait at least three years after you get your licence back. I'd await further replies though.