ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

VAT Return Statements

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Raju1

VAT Return Statements

Post by Raju1 » Mon May 11, 2015 12:16 am

Hi All,

I have few quick questions about VAT return which we need to submit for spouse settlement visa for the last full financial year.

I do submit quarterly based VAT returns for my limited company and this year i have made payments directly using santander billpayment HMRC instead of traditional way of filling VAT return form box 1 to 9 on HMRC online VAT services website.

I do NOT have downloaded official Return statements from VAT online services website as i didn't fill up online return forms.

Could anyone please answer below questions:

Questions:
1. Does VAT return statement should be downloaded from HMRC VAT online site OR it can be custom made?
2. I have prepared attached VAT return statement based on my previous year statements samples. Can you please let me know whether this is valid VAT return statement to submit to UKBA? Let me know if i miss anything
3. If i call HMRC VAT department, would they issue VAT return statements for the last full financial year?

Regards,
Raj
Attachments
Q_Apr2015-page-001.jpg
Q_Apr2015-page-001.jpg (166.84 KiB) Viewed 751 times

hellonewhere

Re: VAT Return Statements

Post by hellonewhere » Mon May 11, 2015 8:27 am

Hi,

You can download the last 5 quarters by logging into HMRC VAT services using your gateway id and password.
Look for submitted returns.

Those would be the official VAT returns which you submitted.
It will have all the relevant figures and also the date when they were submitted.

I am assuming if you call HMRC, that's what they would suggest for you to do.

Raju1

Post by Raju1 » Mon May 11, 2015 11:39 am

ManyThanks @helloonewhere for the reply.

I have already tried viewing my online account for the submitted VAT returns but i can see the message "There are no returns previously submitted available to view." when i click the link "View submitted returns".

I am suspecting that i can't see any submitted returns for the reason that i didn't fill up return form online and submit as per the traditional way.

I called HMRC VAT department as well and requested them for return statements. In the meantime, could anyone please answer below questions:

1. To submit to UKBA, is it VAT return statement should be downloaded from HMRC VAT online site OR it can be custom made?
2. I have prepared attached VAT return statement based on my previous year statements samples. Can you please let me know whether this is valid VAT return statement to submit to UKBA? Let me know if i miss anything

Thanks,
Raj

PariJ
United Kingdom

Post by PariJ » Mon May 11, 2015 8:05 pm

Hi Raj,

I Suggest to get VAT return statements from HMRC.If that is not possible , add your workings to your custom made VAT statement as well ie adding the sales for that period and calculating the VAT and get attested by your accountant

Raju1

Post by Raju1 » Mon May 11, 2015 10:29 pm

Hi Pari,

Thanks for the suggestion. I have already sent a request letter to HMRC to get VAT returns. And also, as you suggested i will get custom made workings get attested by Accountant within a letter summarising all the payments made for the last 4 quarters.
Can you please confirm whether its okay if i get all the VAT returns in the table format n get the letter attested by Accountant?

Regards,
Raj

PariJ
United Kingdom

Post by PariJ » Wed May 13, 2015 10:21 am

Hi Raj,

HMRC guidelines expects VAT return receipts. If that is not possible , the best you can do is provide additional supporting documents like ,
1)Custom made Vat template
2)Working of your VAT
3)Sales invoices for the quarters contributing to the VAT
4) Bank account statements showing that Vat payment

Cheers