ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Any one having similar issue--Need information

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

withrajeev
Newly Registered

Post by withrajeev » Mon Apr 16, 2007 10:26 am

Hi All,

I am having a small issue with the name difference, i would like to know if any one have faced this problem before, if so what do we need to do.

Please advice with my problem given below, i have also sent a mail to the homeoffice around 10 days back but unfortunately i am not able to get any reply from them too.

My problem:

My name is given as Rajeev J (here J is the initial) and all document such as Degree certificate, Driving license, Salary slip , birth certificate show my name as Rajeev J.

But the problem is in the passport where my name is Rajeev Jagadeesh( here the initial J is expanded), and also i have a US B1 visa with the same name.

Now will this cause any problem in getting HSMP or getting my passport stamped. (Note: if i am not sending my passport copy for getting HSMP which is not mandatory, then if i get the HSMP approved in the name Rajeev J) what would happen when the home office finds my name different in Passport.

Please advice on this.

srikp

Post by srikp » Mon Apr 16, 2007 10:31 am

I was also in a similar situation. Thankfully, I had no problem with that.

vidya

Post by vidya » Mon Apr 16, 2007 11:43 am

Hi

the spelling of my name is different in the birth certificate , as i changed the spelling with legal notice in 04 ....i just gave details on this along with my application and supportings as i had to submit birth certificate for age proof ....

i am still awaiting my HSMP application decision

veera_simha
Newly Registered

Post by veera_simha » Mon Apr 16, 2007 2:00 pm

Hai ,

Please throw some light in :

What should be entered in Surname : ?

What should be entered in name : ?

This would be helpful for me also !!!

sikouanastreet
Newly Registered

Post by sikouanastreet » Mon Oct 08, 2007 8:54 am

Hi Rajeev

I am also having the same issue that you have mentioned in the thread 'Any one having similar issue--Need information'. My name in passport is First name: Anand Last name: Kishore. But in my degree certificate it is written as Anand.K

I want to know what you did for your case.
Did you submit by only explaining in the cover letter? Or did you do any affidavit/notary stuff?
What was the result of your HSMP application?

Regards
AK

ikon1400

Post by ikon1400 » Mon Oct 08, 2007 9:14 am

@sikouanastreet,

Need not worry.

Just have a look in to your documents and see what are the differnt ways your name is used in the certificate or DL or DOB certificate.

Go to any Notary public advocate and tel that you need a letter stating all your names and mention that all are one person. I hope the notary will have the format as well. It happened for me. Curently i don have the format, otehrwise i can share it.

This will take care of all your name problems except if there is any spelling mistakes that got to be addressed as well(I dont knw how :?: )

Cheers
ikon

sikouanastreet
Newly Registered

Post by sikouanastreet » Tue Oct 09, 2007 1:53 pm

Hi

I went to a notary public and he said that the affidavit can be filed like:
I write a letter stating that I am known by the names X, Y & Z and I sign it. The notary would sign below stating that he knows me and I have signed this statement in front of him and the signature is mine.

Is this the way the affidavit should be filed?

In what format should the affidavit be created? Does anybody have something available?

Regards