ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Marriage breakdown?home office

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Sidra Akil

Marriage breakdown?home office

Post by Sidra Akil » Mon May 11, 2015 1:56 pm

Hi

As per my previous topic I am wanting to know Once you send a letter to the home office and explain your marriage has broken down and my wife who I called over in May 2014 is on her 2.5 year visa has not wrote to them as per the home office requirements both couple have to write in. Is there any way to call home office in Manchester to where I sent my letter too as I have not heard anything back from them. I want to make them aware that my wife has gone to woman's aid for help and seeking them to help her regards to staying perm in the UK. I have not applied for a UK Divorce due to my financial situation.

I was made aware by my wife once she entered the UK that she only married me to gain entry to this country and did not want to remain husband/wife with me. We never stayed like husband/wife from day one when she came to the UK and I feel I need to contact home office and discuss my situation so that they don't offer her help regards to giving her an indefinite stay under what ever lies she has told them.

Please help someone.
Application submitted: 9th december 2013
Under process at BHC: 20th december 2013
Outcome - visa granted - 8th April 2014

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Re: Marriage breakdown?home office

Post by Wanderer » Mon May 11, 2015 2:11 pm

Sidra Akil wrote:Hi

As per my previous topic I am wanting to know Once you send a letter to the home office and explain your marriage has broken down and my wife who I called over in May 2014 is on her 2.5 year visa has not wrote to them as per the home office requirements both couple have to write in. Is there any way to call home office in Manchester to where I sent my letter too as I have not heard anything back from them. I want to make them aware that my wife has gone to woman's aid for help and seeking them to help her regards to staying perm in the UK. I have not applied for a UK Divorce due to my financial situation.

I was made aware by my wife once she entered the UK that she only married me to gain entry to this country and did not want to remain husband/wife with me. We never stayed like husband/wife from day one when she came to the UK and I feel I need to contact home office and discuss my situation so that they don't offer her help regards to giving her an indefinite stay under what ever lies she has told them.

Please help someone.
Let the Law take it's course.....

When she comes to renew her FLR, she'll not be able to, full stop. UKVI will then 'do the needful' Just let them know are are not in a relationship and leave it at that, no point in revenge, though I understand it's a natural reaction.

Not wishing to pile-on but this is why I feel the UK marriage visa laws are too lax, not only WRT to arrange marriages and culture, which is fine, but financial etc, but I get riled for this, best to leave it!

Just feel for you having been taken advantage of like this, you suffer and the other party just laughs and appeals to the tree-huggers and, well, let's not go there.....
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

Sidra Akil

Post by Sidra Akil » Mon May 11, 2015 2:52 pm

Wanderer wrote:

Please help someone.

When she comes to renew her FLR, she'll not be able to, full stop. UKVI will then 'do the needful' Just let them know are are not in a relationship and leave it at that, no point in revenge, though I understand it's a natural reaction.

Not wishing to pile-on but this is why I feel the UK marriage visa laws are too lax, not only WRT to arrange marriages and culture, which is fine, but financial etc, but I get riled for this, best to leave it!

Just feel for you having been taken advantage of like this, you suffer and the other party just laughs and appeals to the tree-huggers and, well, let's not go there.....
Thanks so much for your reply. I am not seeking any revenge of any sort.
I have been given information that when someone goes to Woman's Aid for help, they contact home office on behalf of the woman and then get granted a 3 month visa and she can also claim job seekers allowance in that period. Also got told that once home office find her case is genuine in what ever lies she told them then she can be granted an indefinite remain in the UK visa and can also claim for legal aid and appoint her self a lawyer and can basically claim money from me since we separated. This is the only concern I have as someone has been filling her head with all this just so that she can mess me over and get her stay.
She does not want to go back to Pakistan and wants to remain here which I don't know why she wants me to help her gain her visa even though I gave her an Islamic divorce (which I know under UK LAW that means nothing).

Does Home Office invertigate just cases if one has written to them and the other hasn't? Also when they see my letter and are also investigated her claims under woman's aid, will that effect her case?

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Mon May 11, 2015 3:05 pm

Pretty certain Woman's Aid has no clout with the UKVI legal necessities, never heard of any three month visa for such purpose.

Woman's Aid implies Domestic Violence, is that what she's claiming? It's a very common ruse so you need to careful, and these harpies encourage it, not wishing to disparage genuine cases of course but you need to watch these people.

Highly_Skilled

Post by Highly_Skilled » Mon May 11, 2015 6:16 pm

Sidra Akil wrote:
Wanderer wrote:

Please help someone.

Thanks so much for your reply. I am not seeking any revenge of any sort.
I have been given information that when someone goes to Woman's Aid for help, they contact home office on behalf of the woman and then get granted a 3 month visa and she can also claim job seekers allowance in that period. Also got told that once home office find her case is genuine in what ever lies she told them then she can be granted an indefinite remain in the UK visa and can also claim for legal aid and appoint her self a lawyer and can basically claim money from me since we separated. This is the only concern I have as someone has been filling her head with all this just so that she can mess me over and get her stay.
She does not want to go back to Pakistan and wants to remain here which I don't know why she wants me to help her gain her visa even though I gave her an Islamic divorce (which I know under UK LAW that means nothing).

Does Home Office invertigate just cases if one has written to them and the other hasn't? Also when they see my letter and are also investigated her claims under woman's aid, will that effect her case?

What you have been told is complete nonsense. The Home Office will not grant a person public funds and ILR just because the Women's Aid have been contacted. Your letter to the Home Office will be fully noted and this will be taken into consideration if/when your ex-partner submits a further application for leave to remain. She will be scrutinised by the Home Office.

Unfortunately, you will not be informed of the results from your letter as it is no longer your business. Bare in the mind the Home Office have to adhere to the Data Protection Act 1998 and cannot give you any details regarding a persons immigration status.

As has been mentioned previously, you have done the right thing by informing the Home Office of her intentions. There is nothing more you can do but to forget about it.

WR1

Post by WR1 » Mon May 11, 2015 7:03 pm

Wanderer wrote: Not wishing to pile-on but this is why I feel the UK marriage visa laws are too lax, not only WRT to arrange marriages and culture, which is fine, but financial etc,
The UKVI need to find a balance and if visa laws were too strict, it would affect the genuine ones greatly.

IMO, I think the laws have been tightened up. In the last few years, we have the introduction of the English requirement, the minimum financial requirement, the change of the probationary period from 2 years to 5 years with a 2.5 year split, and the newly introduced health surcharge and not to mention the usual cost of visa fees keep going up. There's talk of making the English requirement more difficult for an extension.
I am not an immigration adviser
Any views expressed are my own opinion and should not be considered as legal advice
No liability is accepted for the content and for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided

Sidra Akil

Post by Sidra Akil » Mon May 11, 2015 11:00 pm

What you have been told is complete nonsense. The Home Office will not grant a person public funds and ILR just because the Women's Aid have been contacted. Your letter to the Home Office will be fully noted and this will be taken into consideration if/when your ex-partner submits a further application for leave to remain. She will be scrutinised by the Home Office.

Unfortunately, you will not be informed of the results from your letter as it is no longer your business. Bare in the mind the Home Office have to adhere to the Data Protection Act 1998 and cannot give you any details regarding a persons immigration status.

As has been mentioned previously, you have done the right thing by informing the Home Office of her intentions. There is nothing more you can do but to forget about it.[/quote]

Thanks for sharing this. It gives me little peace of mind knowing that she can not get public funds even though she went to woman's aid for help. All I know she is staying in someone house with other people. I did my best in trying to make my marriage work and if I was the one in the wrong then I would never had called her over from Pakistan. She just had the wrong intentions and took advantage of me.

Sidra Akil

Post by Sidra Akil » Mon May 11, 2015 11:02 pm

WR1 wrote:
Wanderer wrote: Not wishing to pile-on but this is why I feel the UK marriage visa laws are too lax, not only WRT to arrange marriages and culture, which is fine, but financial etc,
The UKVI need to find a balance and if visa laws were too strict, it would affect the genuine ones greatly.

IMO, I think the laws have been tightened up. In the last few years, we have the introduction of the English requirement, the minimum financial requirement, the change of the probationary period from 2 years to 5 years with a 2.5 year split, and the newly introduced health surcharge and not to mention the usual cost of visa fees keep going up. There's talk of making the English requirement more difficult for an extension.

I heard myself about the english requirement will be more difficult. Also heard life in UK is hard itself and lot's of people have failed many times but eventually some will pass after few attempts.

Sidra Akil

Post by Sidra Akil » Wed Jul 08, 2015 11:42 pm

Just want some more advice here people.

I received a letter today from THE CENTRAL FAMILY COURT in London as my wife has applied for a Divorce from me and court in London has asked me to reply back in 24 days.
The Divorce letter says she is (seeking advice only) from a a solicitor who works for a company called (Wimbledon Solicitors) based in Wimbledon.

What am I meant to do here?
Call the court directly quoting the reference provided and tell them that I am not living in England and never have? The solicitor has ticked a box saying (The petitioner and respondent are both habitually resident in England and wales and/or?

I am from Scotland so I am little confused to how the court is wanting to hear this case
I got a copy of her statement claiming I gave consistent excuses for 4 years not calling her over from Pakistan when we got married and also said I was having extra martial affairs with many woman and became verbally abusive towards her and this would intimate her.

Please give me some advice here to what I should do. I took advice from a Scottish solicitor in February to stay separate for two years and apply via court for a divorce and also write to home office explaining my situation which you can read here on my previous posts I did this back in February this year.

What I want to know is - This solicitor she went to get advice from has been provided to her by woman's aid?
Has she been funded any legal aid esp if this letter says she is only seeking advice from that solicitor?

adnan111
Member of Standing

Post by adnan111 » Thu Jul 09, 2015 4:14 am

You informed the home office and the rest is between the home office and your wife, as you are still legally married. You don't need to any anything more.
You cannot stop her from seeking a legal divorce. So just reply to the court and the solicitor would find a way to get the divorce, whether it is in Scotland or England. It seems like you are trying to be vindictive in your eagerness to get her sent abroad so that you don't have to go to court, but there is not much you can do.

Sidra Akil

Post by Sidra Akil » Thu Jul 09, 2015 7:02 pm

adnan111 wrote:You informed the home office and the rest is between the home office and your wife, as you are still legally married. You don't need to any anything more.
You cannot stop her from seeking a legal divorce. So just reply to the court and the solicitor would find a way to get the divorce, whether it is in Scotland or England. It seems like you are trying to be vindictive in your eagerness to get her sent abroad so that you don't have to go to court, but there is not much you can do.

It does not bother me if she stays in the UK or goes back to Pakistan. Would home office have made contact with her since I was the only one who wrote to them explaining she used me to enter the UK as she wants to marry someone else?

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Thu Jul 09, 2015 7:33 pm

I think you ought to forget about this woman and move on with your life. It is fortunate that you found about her plans sooner than later , rather than wasting your life with her.

I believe the court in England has jurisdiction to deal with the divorce as she is based in England.

From experience, I believe the best way is to forget about her and get her out of your life for good.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

Sidra Akil

Post by Sidra Akil » Fri Jul 10, 2015 12:00 am

Obie wrote:I think you ought to forget about this woman and move on with your life. It is fortunate that you found about her plans sooner than later , rather than wasting your life with her.

I believe the court in England has jurisdiction to deal with the divorce as she is based in England.

From experience, I believe the best way is to forget about her and get her out of your life for good.
Just wish the tough rules that have been brought in for people coming from abroad should be really looked in to more deeper esp when these people lie just to get a permanent stay in this country and live on benefits for rest of their lives.
I want this woman out of my life asap but just feel the way she has went about this whole situation is on the wrong path. Thanks for your advice.

Sidra Akil

Post by Sidra Akil » Sat Sep 26, 2015 1:55 pm

Hi.
Just wanted a little information from someone.

I gave my wife an Islamic divorce back in October 2014 as she clearly used me to enter this country so that she can marry someone else she likes who already resides in London and is married with 4 kids. Since she left my family home she has been living somewhere in the UK and I was told she is staying at some woman's aid place. I could not go ahead with applying for a divorce petition as I had no idea to where she was staying. Now she has applied for a divorce petition against me claiming I was having extra martial relationships and I acted in such a way she could not live with me any more and wants a divorce. I have replied back to the court and explained why the marriage broke down as she admitted to using me for entering this country and once she gets her visa she wants me to divorce her (hence I gave her Islamic divorce on the spot).

Now I have received a (Certificate of entitlement to a decree) and it says The Petitioner has sufficiently proved the contents of the petition and is entitled to a decree of divorce, the marriage having broken down the facts found proved being (The respondents unreasonable behaviour). The court has also mentioned in this letter that I do not have to pay her any costs and also do not need to pay for any court costs (which is good news to me). There is a date of 22/10/2015 at 10am for the making of a decree. What does that mean?
They have not mentioned anything about the letter I had sent them with all the proof I sent along with the divorce petition. I find this a little odd as I am now wondering did the court even received my letter.

I also want to know if the court finalise the divorce on the date above then what happens next with the home office side of things? I had written to the home office as soon as I gave her a Islamic divorce that my wife has used me for a visa and wants to marry someone else. Would they grant her a visa or would she most likely get rejected?

Any information would he useful.

Elifbuglem
Newly Registered

Post by Elifbuglem » Sun Sep 27, 2015 5:20 pm

Hi

Am in same situation as you am a british citiezen my self my husband has entered the UK in 2013 for two year so we havr applied for another two year to appmy for permision to stay in UK for another two years because he cant speak english so he cant pass his life in uk test. But we had a big arguement he left me and went back to turkey is been 3 months since he went. I wrote two letters to home office asking to cancel his visa but i have not heard anything. I want to get back with my husband but am not sure whats happening with his visa. We have 4 months old baby aswell.

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Sun Sep 27, 2015 5:41 pm

Sidra Akil wrote:I gave my wife an Islamic divorce back in October 2014
Sidra Akil wrote:(hence I gave her Islamic divorce on the spot).
By Islamic divorce, do you mean the triple talaq? Not only is it not recognised as any thing approaching a valid divorce in the UK, it is not even recognised as a divorce in many Islamic countries. So it is not worth the paper it is written on.

The text of the judgment seems to suggest that the court does not consider you to have defended yourself. It does seem that the letter that you may have sent them did not reach them.

The decree that will be issued on 22nd October will be a decree nisi, followed by a decree absolute in about six weeks or so. You (and she) are only free to marry after the decree absolute.

After the divorce, forget about her and move on with your own life.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

Sidra Akil

Post by Sidra Akil » Mon Sep 28, 2015 1:30 pm

secret.simon wrote:
Sidra Akil wrote:I gave my wife an Islamic divorce back in October 2014
Sidra Akil wrote:(hence I gave her Islamic divorce on the spot).
By Islamic divorce, do you mean the triple talaq? Not only is it not recognised as any thing approaching a valid divorce in the UK, it is not even recognised as a divorce in many Islamic countries. So it is not worth the paper it is written on.

The text of the judgment seems to suggest that the court does not consider you to have defended yourself. It does seem that the letter that you may have sent them did not reach them.

The decree that will be issued on 22nd October will be a decree nisi, followed by a decree absolute in about six weeks or so. You (and she) are only free to marry after the decree absolute.

After the divorce, forget about her and move on with your own life.
Thanks for your reply.

Elifbuglem
Newly Registered

Post by Elifbuglem » Tue Sep 29, 2015 4:01 pm

Elifbuglem wrote:Hi

Am in same situation as you am a british citiezen my self my husband has entered the UK in 2013 for two year so we havr applied for another two year to appmy for permision to stay in UK for another two years because he cant speak english so he cant pass his life in uk test. But we had a big arguement he left me and went back to turkey is been 3 months since he went. I wrote two letters to home office asking to cancel his visa but i have not heard anything. I want to get back with my husband but am not sure whats happening with his visa. We have 4 months old baby aswell.
Can someone please help me with my question i really need help here.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Tue Sep 29, 2015 4:14 pm

Elifbuglem wrote:

He should contact the HO and asked for a SAR, it will clarify the status of his visa.

Elifbuglem
Newly Registered

Post by Elifbuglem » Wed Sep 30, 2015 12:03 pm

Wanderer wrote:
Elifbuglem wrote:

He should contact the HO and asked for a SAR, it will clarify the status of his visa.
THANK YOU so much for your reply do you know the contact number for it?

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Wed Sep 30, 2015 12:23 pm

Elifbuglem wrote:
THANK YOU so much for your reply do you know the contact number for it?
https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... mmigration

Make a subject access request

Anyone can make an subject access request for information that we hold about them. You should read the guidance notes at the end of the form before making a request.

To make an subject access request, you should provide:

a valid cheque or postal order for £10, payable to ‘the Home Office Accounting Officer’
enough personal information to identify you, like a copy of your passport or driver’s licence, original utility bills and your Home Office reference number if you have one
an original, signed authority from the person you’re applying for if you’re applying for someone else - we can’t accept copies
If you’re applying for a child who is under 12 years old, you don’t need to provide a signed authority. Instead you should provide evidence that you’re the legal guardian of the child.

If you don’t provide these, we’ll reject your application and return it with a letter telling you what is missing. Your request won’t be processed.

You should make a separate application for each person making a request. Each request should include the fee, identification and authority.

Please send your subject access request to:

Subject Access Request Unit
UK Visas and Immigration
Lunar House
40 Wellesley Road
Croydon CR9 2BY