ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

We do not have any hope!

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

anonymous-user
Newly Registered

We do not have any hope!

Post by anonymous-user » Mon May 11, 2015 5:56 pm

:( :(

Today has been the worse day! I will tell you all what has happened and I really am desperate for a ray of hope.

My partner is Indian, he got married in India to his now ex-wife and moved to the UK on a student visa. However, he overstayed his Visa and didn't think to regularise his status because he was working at the time and the immigration law wasn't as strict back then. He has now been living in the UK illegally for 14 years, now. He has a Daughter who was born in the UK, but the courts and his ex-wife has revoked access for no reason. This would of been a way for the solicitor to submit an application to the HO.

Now, I am a British Citizen, and we was going to get married to try and see if that will help him have a stay in the UK (we are in a genuine relationship and we love each other a lot, and I want us to stay together), but because we've been together for over 2 years, even marriage wouldn't be sufficient, according to the solicitor.

I meet most of the eligibility criteria, but one thing that has caught us out: I have to earn £18,600 for us to submit an application, but I do not earn nowhere near that amount as I am a student and only work as a cleaner. Or another is savings, but to 2.5x that (forgot the math) it's just impossible. Even if I get another job, I still will not be able to earn £18.600.

The last option is for us to have a child, but because I have had a major health problem a couple of years ago, my partner doesn't feel that this is the best way forward. We have minimum savings, and it is starting to run out. Our world has come crashing down, there is no way out. My partner is getting depressed/desperate and running out of funds as my partner is not able to work due to his status. We've just no idea what to do, and it is really affecting us emotionally.

Is there ANY other way of submitting an application where a financial situation doesn't hinder his chances of staying in the UK? I really hope one of you lovely people can help us both :( Thanks in advance!

Rayking

Re: We do not have any hope!

Post by Rayking » Mon May 11, 2015 10:46 pm

There's no way, I'm sorry to say but if you genuinely love each other, there is a way out which involves patience, resilience and following the law to the letter. Your love will be put to test, but that's the way out except you want to complicate things further.

anonymous-user
Newly Registered

Post by anonymous-user » Mon May 11, 2015 10:48 pm

Rayking wrote:There's no way, I'm sorry to say but if you genuinely love each other, there is a way out which involves patience, resilience and following the law to the letter. Your love will be put to test, but that's the way out except you want to complicate things further.
Would me having child make his application successful? (hypothetically)

Rayking

Post by Rayking » Tue May 12, 2015 4:26 am

In my personal opinion, having a child would actually complicate the matter if the child is to be put into perspective. Hopefully, senior members can chip in. I'll suggest getting the job that pays 18600 first, but he must be ready to apply from outside the country. Any other route will be longer and tougher than this.....................but be honest you really want to go through this.

lankool86
Newly Registered

Post by lankool86 » Tue May 12, 2015 7:31 pm

anonymous-user wrote:
Rayking wrote:There's no way, I'm sorry to say but if you genuinely love each other, there is a way out which involves patience, resilience and following the law to the letter. Your love will be put to test, but that's the way out except you want to complicate things further.
Would me having child make his application successful? (hypothetically)
To be honest, I think you really need to go seek a legal advice.but I think you should apply as partners not married couples.