ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA2 Application Timelines - ONLY 1 TOPIC - UpToDate

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Mileman
Argentina

Re: EEA2 Application Timelines - ONLY 1 TOPIC - UpToDate

Post by Mileman » Mon May 11, 2015 7:05 pm

Aleksandrija wrote:
Mileman wrote:
Aleksandrija wrote:Hi
i requested my passports back ... any idea how long does it takes ..?
its been 5 working days till today ?
thanks
Aleks, I recieved mine this past friday, it was under two weeks, it shouldn´t be much more than that.
Any RC on the passport ? As far as i remember we' ve appliyed same time ... mine is 23 march... so i am hoping to receive them back but with RC .
Is your applucation straight forward ?
Nono, no RC, I just asked for our passports back, I thought that was what you were expecting, right?
British Citizen after 5 years EEU Settled
Naturalisation process took two months:

whatislife786

Post by whatislife786 » Mon May 11, 2015 8:49 pm

Hello everyone,

Can I ask if anyone applied recently with the EEA(FM) after divorce?
thanks

Aleksandrija

Post by Aleksandrija » Mon May 11, 2015 9:24 pm

Aleks, I recieved mine this past friday, it was under two weeks, it shouldn´t be much more than that.[/quote]

Any RC on the passport ? As far as i remember we' ve appliyed same time ... mine is 23 march... so i am hoping to receive them back but with RC .
Is your applucation straight forward ?[/quote]

Nono, no RC, I just asked for our passports back, I thought that was what you were expecting, right?[/quote]

Yes but hoping for Rc as well ...you know miracles happen ...

Mileman
Argentina

Post by Mileman » Mon May 11, 2015 9:40 pm

I see your point...to the other March guys, some info of where I stand:
  • Married to an Italian wife for four years (sent in certificate of marriage for both Argentina & Italy)
    She is currently exercising treaty rights studying English at an accredited school
    Sent in shared Tenancy Agreement
    Sent in a year contract with a private health provider.
    Sent in statements for some savings (way lower than the 18600 they ask for in other cases, but I think in our case the savings part is not mandatory)
    And, I applied well within my EEA FP, it is valid through August.
I think on paper the case is solid, but you never know...

whale
Newly Registered

Post by whale » Mon May 11, 2015 10:45 pm

can anyone tell me where to send an email or call to request for my passport pls. its been 2 years they are holding my pass
Thanks

Mileman
Argentina

Post by Mileman » Mon May 11, 2015 11:30 pm

whale wrote:can anyone tell me where to send an email or call to request for my passport pls. its been 2 years they are holding my pass
Thanks
https://eforms.homeoffice.gov.uk/outrea ... ments.ofml

whale
Newly Registered

Post by whale » Tue May 12, 2015 8:46 am

Thanks for the info "MIleman"

gilliananneq
Newly Registered

Post by gilliananneq » Tue May 12, 2015 10:55 am

DashaZh wrote:
inna.p wrote:
Doublestarxx wrote:Hi all, I just received my residence
Applied 5 jan,
COA 17th jan
Residence card received 8th May dated 1st may
Straight forward application, being married 5years but wifey got gap in excercising treaty right so had to reapply and renew residency.
That's great! I applied 19.01 (COA 27.01) So probably very-very soon. A friend invited me to her birthday in Amsterdam on the 30.05... I hope I'll be able to go!!!

That's awesome! I really hope mine will be with soon as well! My birthday is on the 29 of May. It would be the best present ever!! :D
Congrats! Applied on December 19th, CANT-WAIT-ANY-LONGERRRRR :D :D :D

nanouk
Newly Registered

Post by nanouk » Tue May 12, 2015 1:06 pm

Hi guys,

very interesting page, I've been reading a lot of posts back, so I'll add my timeline as well, I believe I'm from the latest aplications with the biometrics included...

my wife's german and I'm the non-eu, we applied for both her residence certificate and my residence card at the same time, after sending over 1kg of papers, here's what we've got so far...

Posted - 17 April
Bank charge for both - 22 April
Reception letter - 23 april (letter says 21 april)
Biometrics letter - 1 may (letter says 28 april)
Biometrics sent - 1 may

So far we are waiting, haven't received anything else so far. I've seen that a COA usually arrives quite soon, it would be ideal if I could get mine hopefully with the right to work as well, the people who received it quite soon, were they applying solo or with the EU national as well?

belegurth

Post by belegurth » Tue May 12, 2015 3:22 pm

inna.p wrote:
Applied 5 jan,
COA 17th jan
Straight forward application, being married 5years but wifey got gap in excercising treaty right so had to reapply and renew residency.
That's great! I applied 19.01 (COA 27.01) So probably very-very soon. A friend invited me to her birthday in Amsterdam on the 30.05... I hope I'll be able to go!!!
Good luck for all of us and congratz to gilliananneq :) i applied on 28 Jan i am so glad that now we can at least talk about January applications and results, as soon as i get my passport back we'll go back and make a proper wedding so this will be my wedding present :)

svalavil

Post by svalavil » Tue May 12, 2015 4:07 pm

Any updates from October and November applications?
Sebi125, vinb5, sheik728

Mileman
Argentina

Post by Mileman » Tue May 12, 2015 4:43 pm

nanouk wrote:Hi guys,

very interesting page, I've been reading a lot of posts back, so I'll add my timeline as well, I believe I'm from the latest aplications with the biometrics included...

my wife's german and I'm the non-eu, we applied for both her residence certificate and my residence card at the same time, after sending over 1kg of papers, here's what we've got so far...

Posted - 17 April
Bank charge for both - 22 April
Reception letter - 23 april (letter says 21 april)
Biometrics letter - 1 may (letter says 28 april)
Biometrics sent - 1 may

So far we are waiting, haven't received anything else so far. I've seen that a COA usually arrives quite soon, it would be ideal if I could get mine hopefully with the right to work as well, the people who received it quite soon, were they applying solo or with the EU national as well?
Nano, I have your exact situation through my Italian wife, I applied for my Residence and her Registration.

I received the COA a bit under two weeks of sending in the applications, I am sure yours is in the mail as we speak.

Clairechow
Newly Registered

Post by Clairechow » Tue May 12, 2015 4:54 pm

Application sent: 28.01
Application received: 29.01
Coa receieved dated 03.02

Waiting for rc. Fingers crossed this month

efussy234
Newly Registered

Post by efussy234 » Tue May 12, 2015 6:31 pm

Application sent: 26.01
Application received: 27.01
Coa receieved dated 03.02
Waiting for rc.....

saim24
Newly Registered

Home Visit (EEA)

Post by saim24 » Tue May 12, 2015 8:53 pm

Hello Everyone,

I had a visit 2 weeks ago, two officers came and my wife attended them as i was out for my class (part time qualification course). They checked our room(wardrobe,toothbrush and letters). They asked few questions to my wife about me and my family which she answered well. They asked my mom's name to her which she couldnt reply cos of typical asian name so she said i dont remember.
2) They asked about me that where i am? and she said he has gone to school and she couldnt answer very well because she doesnt know much about my course.
3)They asked her to show wedding pictures which was in ipad and was locked-----so again she tried but couldnt show,however she apologised and said that its in my ipad but its not working moreover we have already sent our pictures to the home office with questionnaire.They said OK
4)they asked which college do i go for my course? so she wasnt very sure but she showed them few course papers to give them an idea that what course i m doing.
They stayed for 10 mins and went back without mentioning anything more about me!!
They inquired about the other members in house,i havnt heard heard anything yet.
I am worried that is it a positive sign ? or what else it can be?
Guys need your advise on that, please reply when u can.

Many Thanks
Saim

saim24
Newly Registered

Home Visit (EEA)

Post by saim24 » Tue May 12, 2015 8:55 pm

Hello Everyone,

I had a visit 2 weeks ago, two officers came and my wife attended them as i was out for my class (part time qualification course). They checked our room(wardrobe,toothbrush and letters). They asked few questions to my wife about me and my family which she answered well. They asked my mom's name to her which she couldnt reply cos of typical asian name so she said i dont remember.
2) They asked about me that where i am? and she said he has gone to school and she couldnt answer very well because she doesnt know much about my course.
3)They asked her to show wedding pictures which was in ipad and was locked-----so again she tried but couldnt show,however she apologised and said that its in my ipad but its not working moreover we have already sent our pictures to the home office with questionnaire.They said OK
4)they asked which college do i go for my course? so she wasnt very sure but she showed them few course papers to give them an idea that what course i m doing.
They stayed for 10 mins and went back without mentioning anything more about me!!
They inquired about the other members in house,i havnt heard heard anything yet.
I am worried that is it a positive sign ? or what else it can be?
Guys need your advise on that, please reply when u can.

Many Thanks
Saim

chriskv1
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by chriskv1 » Wed May 13, 2015 10:53 am

Hey guys , Got my interview in about 2 hours :roll: quite nervous.

Any advice ?
Anger and intolerance are the enemies of correct understanding.
Mahatma Gandhi

E&OE. I'm not a legal professional.

rfgranlund
Newly Registered

Post by rfgranlund » Wed May 13, 2015 11:46 am

Hi all,

Just joining now and posting my first reply.
So nice to have some camaraderie with all the others dealing with the same struggle!

I'm from the US and my wife is Portuguese.

Here's my EEA(FM) timeline so far:
22.04 Wife filed EEA(QP) and got RegCert same day at Croydon
24.04 Sent in my EEA(FM) to Durham in the post
29.04 Fee charged
01.05 HO Acknowledgement Letter (dated 28.04)
02.05 Requested ROD online (for return of passport and wife's ID)
08.05 Biometrics Letter (dated 05.05)
11.05 Biometrics Submitted

... waiting on COA

two little questions...

1) I've just read someone complaining (justly) about the sheer volume of paperwork to mail in for the massive new post-Easter EEA(FM) plus evidence, and noticed specifically their outrage at the request for copies AND originals of all evidence. I sent only originals :( , as (to me) the instructions send mixed messages:
"Unless otherwise stated, please send original documents only."
... then, next paragraph
"Please also submit photocopies of all documents submitted as well as the original documents."
(Section 20 – Documents and Evidence, p.114)
If you're reading that less than carefully, you might fall into the same trap I did.
Here's hoping they won't mind making their own d*mn photocopies of my docs!!
Seriously, though, that won't scr*w me will it?

2) I've also read that those requesting their passport back will get their RC on A4 paper?!
I was sure that the RC is not a passport vignette but a card. So why would their not having my passport matter?
Am I being confused by older posts about a policy that has now changed?
In fact I called in and asked about requesting my passport back right away, and the guy on the phone specifically said go ahead, because the HO just takes a copy of it for their purposes and then no longer needs it during the rest of the evaluation.

Best of luck to all others in waiting!!!

gilliananneq
Newly Registered

Post by gilliananneq » Wed May 13, 2015 11:47 am

belegurth wrote:
inna.p wrote:
Applied 5 jan,
COA 17th jan
Good luck for all of us and congratz to gilliananneq :) i applied on 28 Jan i am so glad that now we can at least talk about January applications and results, as soon as i get my passport back we'll go back and make a proper wedding so this will be my wedding present :)
Belegruth we didn't get ours yet! We're still waiting! But hopefully now we'll get it faster as you've already congratulated us :)

belegurth

Post by belegurth » Wed May 13, 2015 12:06 pm

gilliananneq wrote:
Belegruth we didn't get ours yet! We're still waiting! But hopefully now we'll get it faster as you've already congratulated us :)
Opppss my bad :) but still all of us waiting for the same thing so at least congratz for all of us for our patience, hope my mistake actually means something and you guys get yours soon-er hahah, almost there! :)

snelgrove
Newly Registered

Post by snelgrove » Wed May 13, 2015 1:07 pm

Hi there

I just have a quick question and wonder if anyone has been in the same situation as me.

I am from New Zealand and here on a Youth Mobility Scheme Visa which expires on 08/08/15 - my partner is also from New Zealand but he holds an Irish passport. We have been together since 2012 and have proof of this which we have submitted in our application.

We sent the application on the 26/01/2015
Received confirmation of application arrival on the 28/01/2015 from the home office and again the same letter on 03/02/2015
We requested our passports back due to my partners grandmother becoming terminally ill back in New Zealand and needing to travel, these arrived on the 17/02/15

I have not received a "COA" is this because I currently have a working visa and am able to work for now?

Now we are waiting to hear something - I am wondering if anyone has been in this situation before? I can see that on average most people wait around 3 months for their application to be approved. We are heading past that three month point now and just wondering if it's worth contacting the home office to see what's going on?

Any help would be greatly appreciated

addyjaan
Newly Registered

Post by addyjaan » Wed May 13, 2015 1:14 pm

Hi I have applied 5th of August 2014,

Acknowledged 10th of august 2014,

home visit 3rd of april 2015,

waiting for RC....

Any one who applied on august.

Yvonnechen127
Newly Registered

Post by Yvonnechen127 » Wed May 13, 2015 1:33 pm

Application sent : 18 April
Letter of Acknowledgement: 25 April (letter stated 22 April)
Application fee deducted from bank: 23 April
Biometric Enrolment letter: 02 May (letter stated 28 April)
Biometric Enrolment sent: 02 May
COA received: 13 May (letter stated 08 May)
Waiting for RC

COA confirmed right to work.
Chinese married to Dutch for 3.5 years, residence card application and registration certification applied at the same time.

addyjaan
Newly Registered

Post by addyjaan » Wed May 13, 2015 1:48 pm

Hi, any one who applied in August and waiting for?
Like me :-)

jenangeles
United States of America

Post by jenangeles » Wed May 13, 2015 1:58 pm

snelgrove wrote: We sent the application on the 26/01/2015
Received confirmation of application arrival on the 28/01/2015 from the home office and again the same letter on 03/02/2015
The fact that you got 2 letters acknowledging the receipt of your application makes me think that they meant to send the COA the second time. I would give them a call and ask about that. You won't get much information on your application if you call them because the people on the phone don't have any access to the caseworkers information. I tried calling yesterday and they could only tell me that my application is in process and it's nearly been 4 months since I applied.