ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Eligibility for PBS dependent ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

amit13yogi
Newly Registered

Eligibility for PBS dependent ILR

Post by amit13yogi » Sun May 10, 2015 8:05 pm

Hi,
My wife came to UK in Jan 2012 as dependent of Tier-1. She got the PBS dependent visa starting from Dec-2011.
Since then I switched to ILR in Nov 2012 & and then British Citizenship in April 2014. She extended her pbs dependent in Nov 2012 for 3 yrs which is Nov 2015.
Now I want to apply for ILR for her and not Naturalisation which I think she is eligible as she has continuously lived here for 3.5 yrs
Please can I ask you to confirm the form she needs to complete checklist of documents?

P.S- SET(o) is correct form I believe

Many Thanks in advance to all
Amit

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Eligibility for PBS dependent ILR

Post by CR001 » Sun May 10, 2015 8:22 pm

On what basis did you obtain ILR? 5 years PBS route or 10 years long residence?

She would need ILR to be able to apply for naturalisation, there is no skipping the ILR step unfortunately.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

amit13yogi
Newly Registered

Post by amit13yogi » Mon May 11, 2015 10:50 am

Thank you for input that she would need ILR to be able to apply for naturalisation.

On what basis did you obtain ILR? 5 years PBS route or 10 years long residence?
ans) i got ILR based on 5 yrs PBS route that Tier-1 General.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon May 11, 2015 1:36 pm

P.S- SET(o) is correct form I believe
Yes, this is the correct form and she can apply for ILR provided she meets the requirements.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

amit13yogi
Newly Registered

Post by amit13yogi » Mon May 11, 2015 4:08 pm

Thank you confirming friend. I can only appreciate so much for guiding us correctly.
I was looking for list of cohabitation document as well, however I am mentioning below document I got. I know there are other good posts with information on cohabitation documents but though to mention the one I got. We shall be applying premium PEO Croydon office on 19th may.

So I believe cohabitation proof they need is from May 2013 as last 2 years from date of application.

1) Current Joint Tenancy Agreement in both of us name starting from Nov 30 2013. So this is only for 1.5 yrs
2) Wife's Current address driving licence issued Dec 2013.
3) Current Joint Metro bank A/C starting from Dec 2014.
4) Pay slips and Bank statements for part 1.5 yrs at current address.
2) Wife's NHS Hospital letter dated Sep 2013 in previous address.
3) Wife's Private Hospital not NHS hospital letter dated Sep 2013 in previous address.
4) Wife's pay slip dated July 2013 in previous address.
5) Wife's Bank statement Sep 2013.

I got same sets just on my name for previous and current address so no issues.
HOWEVER from May 2013 to Aug 2013 we don't have any proof as we lost tenancy agreement which landlord not helpful to issue again and we didn't update our address immediately in workplace/bank and registered with new GP.
Please can you let me know if this going to cause any issues?

Thanks
Amit

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon May 11, 2015 4:14 pm

If you look at the documents listed in another form, just for information, see what you can find that you have. Link of other form below, page 62 'Your Relationship'

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... _04-15.pdf
Char (CR001 not Casa)

justdopposite

Post by justdopposite » Mon May 11, 2015 4:27 pm

Hi CR001, please could you kindly answer my following question.

If my partner has 5 years residence as PBS T2 general dependant, and I switch from T2 general to ILR via 10yr route in a few years time; Is my partner qualified for ILR after I get mine ? If not what options do we have ?

Many thanks.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon May 11, 2015 4:51 pm

justdopposite wrote:Hi CR001, please could you kindly answer my following question.

If my partner has 5 years residence as PBS T2 general dependant, and I switch from T2 general to ILR via 10yr route in a few years time; Is my partner qualified for ILR after I get mine ? If not what options do we have ?

Many thanks.
No your partner can't and should switch to FLR(M) and wait a further 5 years (or apply 10 years long residence if your partner reaches that).

If you apply for ILR based on Tier 2, your partner will qualify with you for ILR.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

justdopposite

Post by justdopposite » Tue May 12, 2015 12:53 pm

Many thanks CR001. One last question please, is it the same rule if my partner entered UK before July 2012 as a PSW dependant ?

amit13yogi
Newly Registered

Post by amit13yogi » Wed May 13, 2015 1:23 pm

Thank you CROO1 :)