ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PBS dependent extension questions

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ChromaticMind
Newly Registered

PBS dependent extension questions

Post by ChromaticMind » Fri Apr 03, 2015 1:58 am

Hi gurus,

I'm back here for your expert advice and thank you for your time and help in advance! I also think answers to my questions below will help others or at least I hope so :).

Background:
So I'm on a Tier 1 General Visa and my wife is a dependent on that visa. Both our visas expire on 24 Aug 2015.

On 7 May 2015 I'm eligible for my ILR and am looking to go for a PEO appointment on or soon after that date. My wife became my dependent after July 2012 so she has a 5 year probation period and will be eligible for ILR in Jan 2018.

Questions:
1- Is it alright for my wife to go for a PBS dependent extension at the same time when I apply for ILR in May? Her current leave ends on 24th Aug so first week of May will be well earlier than 3 months before her visa expiry. Will this be a problem? Will there be an issue for me too considering I have the same visa expiry date? i.e. should we both wait until 3 months before our visas expire?

2 - Is it a given that her visa extension will be for 3 years? Anything short of 2 years 9 months will mean she will need another extension before her ILR and they already cost £2000 so we want this to be the last visa before her ILR. Should I specifically ask for a 3 year extension in a covering letter or something?

3 - When I try to apply online for a PEO appointment and choose myself as a ILR applicant with 1 dependent the total cost comes at £500 lower than if I choose a separate appointment for myself (ILR) and for my wife (PBS dependent). Am I safe to assume that in the first case the system is booking her as an ILR applicant as well?

4 - Finally, if we can apply on the same day, should my application be first or hers? What I mean to ask is, would her application need something (original document) that I will need to submit as well and hence won't have it for her application? If for some reason mine is refused will hers too? Or if my leave is still until Aug 2015(when she applies) will hers not get extended further until after my ILR is granted?

Looking forward to your response!

Many thanks again,
cM

ChromaticMind
Newly Registered

Re: PBS dependent extension questions

Post by ChromaticMind » Fri Apr 03, 2015 11:02 am

Any help here will be greatly appreciated!

spzenthil

Post by spzenthil » Fri Apr 03, 2015 4:20 pm

Hi,

1. You might be able to do it, but it might turn out to be very tricky, as she is going to be applying for PBS dependent she needs your pay slips, bank statements, fund maintenance information and possibly your passport and BRP card as well. so best would be to apply for yourself first and then get your ILR and then apply for your wife.

Any particular reason you want to do it on same day? if not it will be better if you do it seperately.

2. Most likely it will be 3 years, so it shouldn't be a problem. if you not in hurry i would advise to do it close to your expiry date so you will more date in PBS dependent and can choose a flexible date while she goes for ILR.

3. since it separate application you need to book appointment separately.

4. Already covered in 1.

cheers,
-Senthil

ChromaticMind
Newly Registered

Post by ChromaticMind » Fri Apr 03, 2015 7:09 pm

Thank you so much for your response Senthil.

What about this question regarding the 3 month issue?
[quote]Her current leave ends on 24th Aug so first week of May will be well earlier than 3 months before her visa expiry. Will this be a problem?[/quote]

Thanks
cM

ChromaticMind
Newly Registered

Post by ChromaticMind » Sat Apr 04, 2015 11:42 am

Senthil?

ChromaticMind
Newly Registered

Post by ChromaticMind » Sun Apr 05, 2015 1:25 pm

Hello, anyone there :) ?

ChromaticMind
Newly Registered

Post by ChromaticMind » Tue Apr 07, 2015 11:01 am

Help on this matter would be well appreciated guys!

vinny

Post by vinny » Tue Apr 07, 2015 11:12 am

She should be okay, if you are granted ILR. Her leave may be granted for a maximum period of 3 years. She should have enough leave for ILR in 2018.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

jojybaba

Post by jojybaba » Mon Apr 13, 2015 12:30 am

How much is fee for pbs dependent extension. ...8 heard 1736

vinny wrote:She should be okay, if you are granted ILR. Her leave may be granted for a maximum period of 3 years. She should have enough leave for ILR in 2018.

ChromaticMind
Newly Registered

Post by ChromaticMind » Mon May 11, 2015 7:21 pm

Hi vinny,

Thanks to you (and other admins) in these forums I had a successful ILR PEO application last week! Just waiting for the BRP in the mail now.

As mentioned above, my wife's PBS dependent appointment is only a few weeks away and wanted to double check the document list for the same. I was unable to find any current a post (last was 1yr old) regarding this matter, so perhaps this will help others too.

Here is the document list:

1. Application Form
2. Marriage Certificate
3. Recent Bank Statements (of main applicant) for 3 months to show required maintenance (£630.. is that right?)
4. Applicant's Passport (she has no BRP yet)
5. 2 Photographs
6. Main Applicants Passport copy + Original
7. Main Applicants BRP copy + Original
8. Do we need to show proof of income for Main Applicant? If so, how much? I'm self-employed so will the documents required for this be the same as I just submitted for my ILR (letter from accountant + invoice summary + bank statements + invoices)
9. Do we need to show as proof of subsisting relationship? If so then from when exactly? Will this be in the form of Tenancy agreement + utility bills or something? If so then how many sources and what frequencies (monthly, yearly)? Should we show some photos?
10. The application form asks for previous addresses for 5 years. Do we need to show proof of address for these too?
11. Did I miss anything else?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Cheers,
cM

iffi786

Post by iffi786 » Tue May 12, 2015 7:13 am

HelloG
on ilr u sjow employment or self employment..did they ask about previous application tex return ..waiting for reply
thanks

ChromaticMind
Newly Registered

Post by ChromaticMind » Tue May 12, 2015 1:29 pm

Sorry I didn't understand your question iffi.

Vinny/admins, please can someone get back to me regarding the documents?

Thanks!