ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Family Visitor Visa Refused for Parents

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

shivkrshukla

Family Visitor Visa Refused for Parents

Post by shivkrshukla » Fri May 08, 2015 1:03 pm

I applied for my parent family visitor visa in April 2015. They got a refusal letter today stating there is not enough evidence of my income and to show that I can support my parent. I clearly mentioned in my invitation letter that I will support the cost of their entire trip including, accommodation and travel expenses. I enclosed copies of the following document in support of their application:

1. British passport
2. Land registry for my house
3. 1 year Individual Savings Account statement showing more than £3200
4. Most recent bank current account statement (HSBC)- Showing more than £1500.

My parent provided 6 months bank statements, Fixed deposit certificates, property papers etc however the VFS officer in Delhi did not take any copies and return all their documents but kept just mine!

My parent have already been to UK one on similar visa. They came to UK on family visitor Visa in 2012, they stayed just 3 months.

Can someone advice me if it would be best to appeal and what is the process and time line.

Thanks in advance for your help...

shivkrshukla

Re: Family Visitor Visa Refused for Parents

Post by shivkrshukla » Fri May 08, 2015 2:23 pm

Sorry a correction

I applied for my parent family visitor visa in April 2015. They got a refusal letter today The letter is actually stating that they have refused entry on the basis of the following ( V4.5 to V4.10 and V.2- work, intention to go back etc)-

( Infact My parent provided 6 months bank statements, Fixed deposit certificates, property papers etc however the VFS officer in Delhi did not take any copies and return all their documents but kept just mine! and used this as the basis to give a completely absurd reason for refusal).

I clearly mentioned in my invitation letter that I will support the cost of their entire trip including, accommodation and travel expenses. I enclosed copies of the following document in support of their application:

1. British passport
2. Land registry for my house
3. 1 year Individual Savings Account statement showing more than £3200
4. Most recent bank current account statement (HSBC)- Showing more than £1500.

My parent provided 6 months bank statements, Fixed deposit certificates, property papers etc however the VFS officer in Delhi did not take any copies and return all their documents but kept just mine!

My parent have already been to UK one on similar visa. They came to UK on family visitor Visa in 2012, they stayed just 3 months.

Can someone advice me if it would be best to appeal and what is the process and time line.

Thanks in advance for your help...

Shiv

premebe555

Post by premebe555 » Sat May 09, 2015 1:08 pm

Can you please post the original statement of visa officer ?
What is your regular monthly income in UK?
And what are the expenses you have mentioned in Employment and Income section for your mom and dad?

shivkrshukla

Post by shivkrshukla » Sun May 10, 2015 12:12 pm

Hi premebe555

I have refused your application for a visit visa because I am not satisfied that you meet the requirements of Paragraph V4.5-4.10. V4.2 of UK immigration Rules for visitors. This is because:

I have taken into account that you have provided details of your sponsor’s financial and living circumstances in the United Kingdom. I have also considered your previous travel history and the fact that you made a visit to the UK in 2012 and adhered to UK immigration rules. I am also very aware of the importance of family visits and significance which should be afforded to maintaining family links, however; it is your circumstances as the applicant which are most important and you have not provided any evidence of your present fanatical and personal circumstances. In view of this I am not satisfied that you intend to leave the UK at the end of your visit. I am also not satisfied are genuinely seeking entry for a purpose permitted by the visitor routes and you will not undertake any of the prohibited activities set out in V4.5-4.10. V4.2(a) (c) and (d).

Again as you have only provided details of your sponsor’s financial circumstances and have not provide any evidence of available personal finance I am not satisfied that you have sufficient funds to cover all reasonable costs in relation to your visit without working or accessing public funds. V4.2(e)

Future applications
Any future UK visa applications you make will be considered on their individual merits but they may be refused unless:
- Your personal circumstances change significantly between now and your next application
- You provide compelling new evidence with your next application.

Please note_ that my parents provided Property papers, fixed deposits, savings accounts for 6 months, letter from the employer etc. however the VFS lady did not make any copies and retuned all their documents back to them immediately.

Thnaks and Kind regards

Shiv

premebe555

Post by premebe555 » Tue May 12, 2015 2:48 pm

Hello Shiv,

1. Your parents have regular income in india? - like pensions etc?
2. What was the bank balance in your parents bank account?
3. And all the properties in india are in your parents name?

Thanks
Prem

shivkrshukla

Post by shivkrshukla » Tue May 12, 2015 3:41 pm

Hi prem you are missing the whole point, documents were returned to my parents without taking copies.
They provided all the documents exactly the same as last time 3 years ago when they were granted the visa.

Thanks

premebe555

Post by premebe555 » Tue May 12, 2015 4:40 pm

Hello Shiv,

Visa policies and rules are changing every year.. also it depends on immigiration officer.

Now a days they are keenly looking whether your parents have proper income and properties in india... so the income of your parents properly should reflect in their bank statement.. example: if they get Rs 10,000 pension amount.. the bank statement should show Rs10,000 credited everymonth in your parents account.. They will not consider fixed deposit as you or your parents can not use that money for travel..

In your case i think they are not statisfied with your parents bank accounts.. And embassy dont take copies they will return all the documents which you have submitted even if you get successfull or unsuccessfull with your application...

1.So the question is how much money credited everymonth in your parents account? and how much was balance..?
2.Did you show seperate bank account statement for your mom and dad?
3. Can you also tell me what did you entered in Employment and Income section for both of your mom and dad in visa application?

I can see if i can give you any ideas.

thanks

shivkrshukla

Post by shivkrshukla » Tue May 12, 2015 5:59 pm

The case workers at embassy can only make their decision based on the documents forwarded by the VFS . Please read my previous posts and understand the difference between the VFS workers and embassy case worker.

Thanks

premebe555

Post by premebe555 » Wed May 13, 2015 9:54 am

Yes I understand.. VFS guys are uneducated.. better to raise complaint againt VFS guys (or) re-appeal, saying your parents have submitted their bank statements and supporting documents to VFS but the VFS guys refused to submit those documents along with the application..

shivkrshukla

Post by shivkrshukla » Wed May 13, 2015 11:39 am

Yes we have reapplied yesterday, appointment at VFS is on Friday. There is no right to appeal anymore with regards to family visitor visa and as far as complaining about VFS is concerned they give a standard reply.

premebe555

Post by premebe555 » Wed May 13, 2015 2:46 pm

okay thats great.. Good Luck dude!

edwinuk

Post by edwinuk » Wed May 13, 2015 3:56 pm

The documents being submitted by your parents are they originals? I read on another forum that VFS (Varies on VAC locations) tend to not accept photocopies. I maybe wrong though.

Weird though for them to refuse supporting documents.

shivkrshukla

Post by shivkrshukla » Wed May 13, 2015 9:20 pm

Thanks for sharing this. I will inform my parents to insist on submitting the original documents.

Kind regards

Shiv

v4vikramrana
Newly Registered

Post by v4vikramrana » Thu May 14, 2015 3:03 pm

Hi Shiv,

According to the guidelines mentioned below

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... _CLEAN.pdf

We are expected to submit original documents. Are you submitting original? I am planning to do the same next week.

Also, the VFS guys are still referring to old procedures whereas the ECO is looking at new rules from 25 april

Regards
Vikram

edwinuk

Post by edwinuk » Thu May 14, 2015 3:12 pm

@v4vikramrana

It is always best to submit originals regardless of the rules. But in your case, as you are applying for both mother and kids, mother can have the original and photocopy for the kids (Coloured if possible - Colour copies are much cleaner to look at).

premebe555

Post by premebe555 » Tue May 19, 2015 7:07 pm

Hi,

I have few questions my parents are applying next month..

1. Do you submit parents invitation letter as hand wriiten letter (or) printed copy from computer?
2. All our properties are in my mom name.. my mom and dad got retired.. my mom gets monthly pension as well from government.. my father was working in private company so no pension for him..so no income to show for him...
so will any of these affect my father application??

Please advise me..

Thanks!!

edwinuk

Post by edwinuk » Wed May 20, 2015 8:17 am

Handwritten or printed copy does not matter as they might have to confirm via phone call interview (Sometimes they don't. I didn't get one).

With regards to income, my mother-in-law and brother-in-law did not have any income. We sponsored/fund the whole trip. Myself and my wife provided bank statements, payslips and employment certificate.

Basically, you can sponsor/fund and show the financial requirements are on your side but your parents needs to show proof of strong ties back home i.e. properties, business, family etc.

premebe555

Post by premebe555 » Thu Jun 04, 2015 11:00 am

shivkrshukla wrote: Hello Shivkrshukla, what is the status? whether your parents got visa this time?

Thanks!

shivkrshukla

Post by shivkrshukla » Thu Jun 04, 2015 2:06 pm

Yes they got the visa within 3 days.

Thanks

Shiv

troy
Newly Registered

Post by troy » Sun Jun 28, 2015 6:33 pm

Hi Shivkrshukla,
I am in trouble to get my parent's visitor visa approved, home office refused the visa, they wrote - financial documents did not demonstrate they had sufficient funds to cover the period of their trip.
Can you please let me know how much income per month was shown in your parent's bank account?
Also how much savings were shown (in total) in your parent's bank account?

I would be grateful if you could reply.

Kind regards,
Troy

shivkrshukla

Post by shivkrshukla » Sun Jun 28, 2015 10:41 pm

hi troy, its not about how much, they have unofficial directives to reject on any grounds. they have taken away the right to appeal. please apply again with all copies of property documents, savings, pensions, salary reflected in their bank account.Its beyond ridiculous!