ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK Visitor Visa Rejected

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

alpa
Newly Registered

UK Visitor Visa Rejected

Post by alpa » Mon May 11, 2015 5:00 pm

Hi,

I applied for UK Visitor's visa of my mother and father from New Delhi . Both the visa were rejected . My father is a shop keeper in a small city. I had put his employment status as self employed and a shop keeper.
The Visa Officer mentioned that "Whilst you have stated that you are self employed, you have not provided any evidence of stated business"
We dont have any business registration or tax papers for this shop as as this is not a huge business. Can some one please let us know what documentary evidence can we provide as a proof of being a shop keeper.

vignezh
United Kingdom

Re: UK Visitor Visa Rejected

Post by vignezh » Tue May 12, 2015 12:06 pm

Sorry to hear that the visa was rejected. This can be sorted easily. Does your father have a bank account? does he deposit money regularly into this from his income? If the answer is yes to both, then submit that as evidence and write a cover letter explaining that.

If he has a bank account, but doesn't deposit funds regularly as he might be dealing in cash instead. You can still submit the bank statement and then say that he deals everything in cash, hence transactions cannot be shown on the account.

on the other hand, does he have any documents related to Income tax or even electricity bill for his shop, or any official bill in the last 3-6 months that he could submit as evidence of his work. I think the home office is trying to assert ties to the home country.

It might have been easier if only one of them were to travel and you can write on the cover letter saying they have to return home for the person not travelling.

alpa
Newly Registered

Post by alpa » Tue May 12, 2015 1:02 pm

Thanks very much for your reply. Yes he has a bank account but due to cash dealings that account is not operated regularly.
We have the property tax papers which my father pays from Municipal Corporation. Will those do ?
Also , if the second time if I apply just for my mother, ( the earlier application was for both of them, but given them I need my mother here more urgently) will that be considered as negative as previous application was for both ?

vignezh
United Kingdom

Post by vignezh » Tue May 12, 2015 2:03 pm

alpa wrote:Thanks very much for your reply. Yes he has a bank account but due to cash dealings that account is not operated regularly.
We have the property tax papers which my father pays from Municipal Corporation. Will those do ?
Also , if the second time if I apply just for my mother, ( the earlier application was for both of them, but given them I need my mother here more urgently) will that be considered as negative as previous application was for both ?
Any paperwork related to your dad is always good than no paperwork. Just write everything on a cover letter and explain the situation. I do not think it would be considered negatively if your mother applied on her own. Do make sure you capture on the cover letter than previously both your parents were planning to travel, but now due to some change of plans, your father is staying back and only mother is traveling.

If you decide to apply for your mother alone, do include bank statements (joint or own), property details etc along with a marriage certificate, etc. I successfully managed to get visit visas for my Mother (once) and Mother-in-law (twice) in the past, while both not working and being supported by the family. PM if you need any help.

alpa
Newly Registered

Post by alpa » Tue May 12, 2015 2:28 pm

vignezh wrote:
alpa wrote:Thanks very much for your reply. Yes he has a bank account but due to cash dealings that account is not operated regularly.
Any paperwork related to your dad is always good than no paperwork. Just write everything on a cover letter and explain the situation. I do not think it would be considered negatively if your mother applied on her own. Do make sure you capture on the cover letter than previously both your parents were planning to travel, but now due to some change of plans, your father is staying back and only mother is traveling.

If you decide to apply for your mother alone, do include bank statements (joint or own), property details etc along with a marriage certificate, etc. I successfully managed to get visit visas for my Mother (once) and Mother-in-law (twice) in the past, while both not working and being supported by the family. PM if you need any help.

Thank You. Did you include anything to show the funds getting transferred to your mother's account ? I can attach some Saving Accounts statements and some fixed deposit in the name of my mother. Additionally I can submit the documentation of my brother who is employed by a MNC.

vignezh
United Kingdom

Post by vignezh » Tue May 12, 2015 2:58 pm

Will PM the details, please check your messages.

alpa
Newly Registered

Post by alpa » Tue May 12, 2015 3:19 pm

vignezh wrote:Will PM the details, please check your messages.
Unfortunately PM is not enabled for me though I'm registered.

hellonewhere

Post by hellonewhere » Tue May 12, 2015 3:24 pm

alpa wrote:
vignezh wrote:Will PM the details, please check your messages.
Unfortunately PM is not enabled for me though I'm registered.

Hi
You need to have ten posts before you can access your private messages.

alpa
Newly Registered

Post by alpa » Wed May 13, 2015 9:25 am

Thanks.

alpa
Newly Registered

Post by alpa » Wed May 13, 2015 9:26 am

I am trying to increase my posts to enable the PM

phaara
Member of Standing