ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR (O) to qualify for 10 year for ILR

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

cutebillz
Newly Registered

Post by cutebillz » Mon Nov 10, 2014 9:16 am

Hi
I been in the UK from 9 years and 9 months now, which includes time spent on Visit visa for 3 months back in 2005.

I am looking to apply for ILR on Long residency of 10 years in March 2015. However, I still have to wait for 3 months to complete this time period.

Now, I am looking to apply for FLR (O), which 2 lawyer suggested me. I would like to extend my stay to complete my 10 years.

Will you give me advice, that is that would be good idea to do so, if yes, under which category I should apply in?
Under human rights?

Please advise.

cutebillz
Newly Registered

Post by cutebillz » Mon Nov 10, 2014 11:00 am

Hi
I been in the UK from 9 years and 9 months now, which includes time spent on Visit visa for 3 months back in 2005.

I am looking to apply for ILR on Long residency of 10 years in March 2015. However, I still have to wait for 3 months to complete this time period.

Now, I am looking to apply for FLR (O), which 2 lawyer suggested me. I would like to extend my stay to complete my 10 years.

Will you give me advice, that is that would be good idea to do so, if yes, under which category I should apply in?
Under human rights?

Please advise.

Obie
Ireland

Re: FLR (O) to qualify for 10 year for ILR

Post by Obie » Mon Nov 10, 2014 1:32 pm

I believe those two lawyers are not quite correct. FLR(O) is not for that purpose.

It may be open to you to apply using FLR(FP) and possibly vary to ILR and pay the difference.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

cutebillz
Newly Registered

Post by cutebillz » Mon Nov 10, 2014 1:40 pm

Obie wrote:I believe those two lawyers are not quite correct. FLR(O) is not for that purpose.

It may be open to you to apply using FLR(FP) and possibly vary to ILR and pay the difference.

Thank you for your reply.

I see, I am not sure what to do at this stage, they both suggest me FLR (O). I have my visa expiring in 15 days. I have to apply before that.

Also, On what basis I can apply for FLR (FP)

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Mon Nov 10, 2014 2:02 pm

I don't agree with them.

I believe the only viable application that can be made seem to be the Private life provision on FLR(FP)
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

cutebillz
Newly Registered

FLR(O), Tier 4 and ILR Issue

Post by cutebillz » Mon Nov 17, 2014 4:51 pm

Hello.
I have few questions:

1: I am on tier 4 student visa and my visa expiring on 25th of Nov 2014. I am due for ILR long residency in March 2014. I need visa to cover these 3 month to qualify for ILR. I suppose to extend my Tier 4 visa. However, College get strict now and they asking for large about of fees and non of the issuing CAS letter until I get the 60 days letter from UKBA. So, I spoke with HOME OFFICE many time to send me the 60 days letter but they have not sent any. Now my visa expiring.

I have been getting admission colleges from last 3 years and they all get revoked and my leave was curtailed. I have not achieved qualification due to this revocations.
I spoke with many lawyer to put FLR(O) and they asked me NOT to do so. However, I am in the middle and thinking to put FLR(O) by myself.

I am thinking to make application asking HOME OFFICE explaining my situation that I took admission in 3 college and they all revoked and now I have not received any letter from UKBA non of the college giving admission, however, due to my past experience I would like to locate a better college and I need a time and 60 days letter to do that. Due to the past experience of college revocation, I have wasted 1000s of pounds and my time to complete my studies.
I would like to study and every time I take admission college got revoked.
please advise, can I put my FLR(o) on these basis and if not so which?

2: I have my 10 years will be completed on 15th March 2015, I have included the period of visit visa of 2 year where I stayed for 3 month in UK. Will you also confirm if that will count in my long residency. ( I spoke with lawyer they said yes it will only count in 10 year long residency)

3: I had 91 days out of county stay in time, will that would be okay.

please advise. asap.

Thank you

Zee ali
Diamond Member

Re: FLR(O), Tier 4 and ILR Issue

Post by Zee ali » Tue Nov 18, 2014 6:24 pm

cutebillz wrote:Hello.
I have few questions:

1: I am on tier 4 student visa and my visa expiring on 25th of Nov 2014. I am due for ILR long residency in March 2014. I need visa to cover these 3 month to qualify for ILR. I suppose to extend my Tier 4 visa. However, College get strict now and they asking for large about of fees and non of the issuing CAS letter until I get the 60 days letter from UKBA. So, I spoke with HOME OFFICE many time to send me the 60 days letter but they have not sent any. Now my visa expiring.

I have been getting admission colleges from last 3 years and they all get revoked and my leave was curtailed. I have not achieved qualification due to this revocations.
I spoke with many lawyer to put FLR(O) and they asked me NOT to do so. However, I am in the middle and thinking to put FLR(O) by myself.

I am thinking to make application asking HOME OFFICE explaining my situation that I took admission in 3 college and they all revoked and now I have not received any letter from UKBA non of the college giving admission, however, due to my past experience I would like to locate a better college and I need a time and 60 days letter to do that. Due to the past experience of college revocation, I have wasted 1000s of pounds and my time to complete my studies.
I would like to study and every time I take admission college got revoked.
please advise, can I put my FLR(o) on these basis and if not so which?

2: I have my 10 years will be completed on 15th March 2015, I have included the period of visit visa of 2 year where I stayed for 3 month in UK. Will you also confirm if that will count in my long residency. ( I spoke with lawyer they said yes it will only count in 10 year long residency)

3: I had 91 days out of county stay in time, will that would be okay.

please advise. asap.

Thank you

First of all give us exact dates of your entry and visit visa thing dates. so we can advice u on this.

2nd thing FLRO is wrong form to apply. U should use FLR FP private and family family Article 8. Even u don't have any family and child.

FLR FP is about your years spent in uk and how much u integrate in th society.

DO NOT USE FLRO.

Regards
I am not an immigration adviser
Any views expressed are my own opinion and should not be considered as legal advice
No liability is accepted for the content and for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided

Aslans
Newly Registered

Re: FLR(O), Tier 4 and ILR Issue

Post by Aslans » Tue Jan 13, 2015 4:50 am

Hello,

Interesting situation. What is the current update regarding your 10 years completion ?

Did you apply via FLR (RP)?

cutebillz
Newly Registered

ILR is due in 10 days and I have Tier 4 pending application

Post by cutebillz » Tue Mar 03, 2015 2:12 pm

Hello Guys,
I am going to apply for ILR in next 10 days, as I will be eligible in 10 days. I already have Tier 4 application pending with home office at the moment.

Can someone guide me what should I do? Should I make ILR application and ask them to switch my application from Tier 4 to ILR.? in this case do I need to pay the full fees or the difference only?

Or
should I wait for the outcome of the application of tier 4? and than apply

Please advise, about what is most suitable and about the fees difference

Thank you

cutebillz
Newly Registered

Re: ILR is due in 10 days and I have Tier 4 pending applicat

Post by cutebillz » Thu Mar 05, 2015 12:17 pm

Will any one reply?

Zee ali
Diamond Member

Post by Zee ali » Thu Mar 05, 2015 5:37 pm

cutebillz wrote:Hello Guys,
I am going to apply for ILR in next 10 days, as I will be eligible in 10 days. I already have Tier 4 application pending with home office at the moment.

Can someone guide me what should I do? Should I make ILR application and ask them to switch my application from Tier 4 to ILR.? in this case do I need to pay the full fees or the difference only?

Or
should I wait for the outcome of the application of tier 4? and than apply

Please advise, about what is most suitable and about the fees difference

Thank you
Apply set lr when u complete 10 years. Request them to vary your tier 4 application to st lr.

Better to pay them full ILR fees and request them to refund tier 4 fees.

In the guidance they say to pay the difference but i read some cases here in this forum than HO invalid their set lr because they they didn't pay the full fees even though they were varying their undecided application to set lr.

HO sometimes do silly things just to make immigrant life more miserable
Any views expressed are my own opinion and should not be considered as legal advice
No liability is accepted for the content and for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided

cutebillz
Newly Registered

Post by cutebillz » Tue Mar 17, 2015 12:11 am

Thank you Zee Ali

kshahzadi

Post by kshahzadi » Fri Apr 24, 2015 11:08 am

Hi.i just want to ask you ,that how did you vary your tier 4 to ilr,because i am same situation,please help me more ,if you already applied ,thanks

cutebillz
Newly Registered

2 Application with Homeoffice and they refused first one

Post by cutebillz » Sat May 09, 2015 5:22 pm

Hello

I applied for tier 4 on 25th November 2014. I was expecting that visa will be refused. However, I applied to gain some time to qualify for ILR.

On 24th March I applied for FLR LR while my Tier 4 application was pending. I paid new fees , done biometrics.
My passports and document were with UKVI. I asked UKA to switch my application from Tier 4 to FLR LR.

Today on 09.05.2015, i received a letter from UKVI that my they have refused my Tier 4 application as they were not satisfied with CAS when they checked on 17th March 2015. They mention my administrative review time for 14 days from postmark date which is today.

I would like to ask,
1-- Why they have not switched my application from tier 4 to FLR LR?
2-- I still have application pending of FLR LR with UKVI?
3-- Should I make administrative review?

Please advise soon.

Zee ali
Diamond Member

Re: 2 Application with Homeoffice and they refused first one

Post by Zee ali » Sat May 09, 2015 5:46 pm

cutebillz wrote:Hello

I applied for tier 4 on 25th November 2014. I was expecting that visa will be refused. However, I applied to gain some time to qualify for ILR.

On 24th March I applied for FLR LR while my Tier 4 application was pending. I paid new fees , done biometrics.
My passports and document were with UKVI. I asked UKA to switch my application from Tier 4 to FLR LR.

Today on 09.05.2015, i received a letter from UKVI that my they have refused my Tier 4 application as they were not satisfied with CAS when they checked on 17th March 2015. They mention my administrative review time for 14 days from postmark date which is today.

I would like to ask,
1-- Why they have not switched my application from tier 4 to FLR LR?
2-- I still have application pending of FLR LR with UKVI?
3-- Should I make administrative review?

Please advise soon.
To get the right advise kindly tell us when they refused your first application?

Did u use Administrative review option? ans what was the outcome?

When did u apply for second tier 4 visa?

Did they also refuse your 2nd tier 4 application and did after that u apply for flr lr and request to Vary?

cutebillz
Newly Registered

Post by cutebillz » Sat May 09, 2015 6:50 pm

Thank you zee.

My visa was expired on 25th November 2014. So I applied for Tier 4 student visa on 25th Nov 2014. I did my biomentric and sent my documents. I was due to apply FLR LR on 15th March 2015. So I made a new application for FLR LR on 23 march 2015 while my tier 4 application was pending.

I requested UKBA to switch my application from Tier 4 to FLR LR I am not sure why they did not switched.

Today I received a letter on 09.05.2015. That my tier 4 application is refused as my CAS is not valid. Today They have given me letter asking to do administrative review and I have 14 days from 09.05.2015.

The thing is they already have my pending application of FLR LR with all my documents and they have refused my Tier 4. However, I mentioned in the letter that i want to switch..
I have not made any Administrative review yet. i am not sure do i need to make one or not.

"""Just to mention that This is my first tied 4 I applied and they refused and I have not made any administrative review yet as I just received a letter today. I am not sure if I need to do administrative review as They already have my FLR LR application.""

I hope I mentioned what you asked.

Zee ali
Diamond Member

Post by Zee ali » Sat May 09, 2015 7:21 pm

cutebillz wrote:Thank you zee.

My visa was expired on 25th November 2014. So I applied for Tier 4 student visa on 25th Nov 2014. I did my biomentric and sent my documents. I was due to apply FLR LR on 15th March 2015. So I made a new application for FLR LR on 23 march 2015 while my tier 4 application was pending.

I requested UKBA to switch my application from Tier 4 to FLR LR I am not sure why they did not switched.

Today I received a letter on 09.05.2015. That my tier 4 application is refused as my CAS is not valid. Today They have given me letter asking to do administrative review and I have 14 days from 09.05.2015.

The thing is they already have my pending application of FLR LR with all my documents and they have refused my Tier 4. However, I mentioned in the letter that i want to switch..
I have not made any Administrative review yet. i am not sure do i need to make one or not.

"""Just to mention that This is my first tied 4 I applied and they refused and I have not made any administrative review yet as I just received a letter today. I am not sure if I need to do administrative review as They already have my FLR LR application.""

I hope I mentioned what you asked.
Basically what happened was HO trying to create more trouble for u. And they deliberately ignore your flr lr and refused u on tier 4 application.

Problem is if u go to administrative review your case will go again to HO for review and i don't think that they r happy to rectify the error which one of their own colleague made deliberately.

U need a professional advice for this so better to see a solicitor and go through a solicitor for administrative review.

BTW why u applied flr lr? why not set lr?

cutebillz
Newly Registered

Post by cutebillz » Sat May 09, 2015 7:26 pm

Why HO ignoring my application, when I know they have my application and I have done all biometrics etc.
Well, I did FLR LR because I did not have valid English test and Life in the UK as my passports were with HO.

I do not want to go administrative review because I do not want to carry on with Tier 4 and I was expecting that Tier 4 will be refused. I was waiting for time to pass so I can apply for FLR LR, So I did.

I do not want to go though administrative review. I would like to keep it on FLR LR.

What do you think what should I do.?

Zee ali
Diamond Member

Post by Zee ali » Sat May 09, 2015 9:21 pm

cutebillz wrote:Why HO ignoring my application, when I know they have my application and I have done all biometrics etc.
Well, I did FLR LR because I did not have valid English test and Life in the UK as my passports were with HO.

I do not want to go administrative review because I do not want to carry on with Tier 4 and I was expecting that Tier 4 will be refused. I was waiting for time to pass so I can apply for FLR LR, So I did.

I do not want to go though administrative review. I would like to keep it on FLR LR.

What do you think what should I do.?
So u didn't plan ahead for ILR. Very strange, This is not an excuse that your passport is with HO. U applied tier 4 in November so u didn't simply care that your 10 years r going to complete soon and u wont have your passport by that time. Silly mistake.

I suggested u already to seek professional advise. HO made an error and they should rectify it. Your point should be that u vary your tier 4 to flr lr before decision and HO ignore it and refuse me after that.

Dont waste another application fees. Hope they rectify the error

cutebillz
Newly Registered

Post by cutebillz » Sat May 09, 2015 11:00 pm

i think you misunderstood me. I was working hard to get on this 10 years.
I am just telling if I just leave the administrative review and let them decide my FLR LR as I have already paid them the fees for that.

If I wont go for the Administrative review for the refusal of Tier 4 and let them decide the FLR LR application. Will that be an issue?

Zee ali
Diamond Member

Post by Zee ali » Sat May 09, 2015 11:21 pm

cutebillz wrote:i think you misunderstood me. I was working hard to get on this 10 years.
I am just telling if I just leave the administrative review and let them decide my FLR LR as I have already paid them the fees for that.

If I wont go for the Administrative review for the refusal of Tier 4 and let them decide the FLR LR application. Will that be an issue?
Did u send any covering letter with flr lr and requested them to VARY your tier 4 to flr lr?

Did HO send u any letter that they r doing so?

Again i emphasis that its HO error to not VARY your tier 4 to flr lr. That junior Case worker who refused your tier 4 didn't check the system or ignore the fact that u have another application pending (flr lr).

U need to seek professional advise.

if u don't go for AR make sure that flr lr is still pending in their system. Ring them with flr lr reference number and ask them whats going on.

In this critical time better to hire a good solicitor and take his advise

Princess of Ammi
- thin ice -

Post by Princess of Ammi » Sat May 09, 2015 11:33 pm

if you know you applied to vary your application well before you received a decision on your 1st application variation relates you should lodge a complaint (in addition to what you are already doing) and draw their attention towards their own policy as this will be seen by a senior case worker you may have unbelievable results.
thanks,

cutebillz
Newly Registered

Post by cutebillz » Sun May 10, 2015 12:28 am

YThank you for replied.

Yes, I mentioned in that I would like to switch the application from TIER 4 to FLR LR in covering letter. They might have not checked that.

Home office did not send me any letter saying that application has been switched. They have treated my FLR LR application as new application and send me the confirmation letter and bio metrics letter.

I will speak with solicitor on Monday and let see what they advise and I will write back here.

sudeep.makku
Newly Registered

Post by sudeep.makku » Mon May 11, 2015 10:53 am

Hi Guys

I have applied for tier 2 visa 2 months back but it got refused due to low salary as per my job code. I wrote a letter for reconsideration but did not heard anything from them. After 1 month, I received my documents but have not got my passport. I still hold valid visa for 20 more days.

Every time I call UKBA helpline they give me different answers. Some say you must get the passport back and some say we do not send the passport back.

I want to reapply for tier 2 visa with new CAS.

Do they send the passports back if application is refused? I want to apply in premium service now, can I apply in premium service without the passport as UKBA is already holding my passport.

Thanks

Sudeep

zeusmagnanimous

Post by zeusmagnanimous » Tue May 12, 2015 4:29 pm

sudeep.makku wrote:Hi Guys

I have applied for tier 2 visa 2 months back but it got refused due to low salary as per my job code. I wrote a letter for reconsideration but did not heard anything from them. After 1 month, I received my documents but have not got my passport. I still hold valid visa for 20 more days.

Every time I call UKBA helpline they give me different answers. Some say you must get the passport back and some say we do not send the passport back.

I want to reapply for tier 2 visa with new CAS.

Do they send the passports back if application is refused? I want to apply in premium service now, can I apply in premium service without the passport as UKBA is already holding my passport.

Thanks

Sudeep
They always send the passport back after they have made a decision (approve or refuse). They only withhold the documents when they have reasons to suspect them being dodgy. One possible explaination might be that the documents are lost in transit.