ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

How accurately Case Worker count absent in the UK

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

kpatel
BANNED

How accurately Case Worker count absent in the UK

Post by kpatel » Sat May 09, 2015 1:54 pm

How accurately Case Worker count absent in the UK!!

I was looking for information how case worker find absence in UK for applicant which has following situation.

Under Long_Residence_Guidance _Page 15 of 54 version 13.0 Published for Home Office staff on 8 May 2015
Calculating absence from the UK

You must check carefully:
• information on the application form
• any UK exit and entry stamps in the passports
• the landing cards section on warehouse to confirm when the applicant entered the UK

• information on the application form
If applicant forgot very old trip

• any UK exit and entry stamps in the passports
If applicant lost the old passport which contain exit and entry stamps and also do not have travel ticket booking information for starting period of travelling.

• the landing cards section on warehouse to confirm when the applicant entered the UK
From SAR only landing card at the time of each entry clearance and some visa sticker on old passport recovered.
Another specific request of SAR for landing cards/entry/exit data but no any information available with UKBA.

This lead to raise the question where all landing card goes. I search on google and found someone raised this question to UKBA under The Freedom of Information (FoI) ACT. UKBA response that landing cards disposed after 31days and no personal information captured.

So my question to all seniors how Caseworker can find the absence in the UK?

Kpatel

secret.simon

Re: How accurately Case Worker count absent in the UK

Post by secret.simon » Mon May 11, 2015 12:05 am

Can you point me to the FoI request that states that they do not retain landing cards? On Google, the only one I could find was dated 2008 and a lot of water has flown under the bridge since then, especially in the last five years.

When I files an SAR with the Home Office in 2012, they returned a photocopy of all my landing slips along with those of all the forms that I had filed with the Home Office.

kpatel
BANNED

Post by kpatel » Tue May 12, 2015 5:07 pm

secret.simon wrote:Can you point me to the FoI request that states that they do not retain landing cards? On Google, the only one I could find was dated 2008 and a lot of water has flown under the bridge since then, especially in the last five years.

here is link to that FOI (Is it your FOI-your name in FOI is same as your ID)

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/cy/reque ... ing-543934

What do you mean by "the only one I could find was dated 2008 and a lot of water has flown under the bridge since then, especially in the last five years. You can PM if wish"

When I files an SAR with the Home Office in 2012, they returned a photocopy of all my landing slips along with those of all the forms that I had filed with the Home Office.

You mean you got all landing slips/cards of all trips since your stay in UK or just landing slips/cards at the time of entry clearance.

I am asking this because I and my friends only got landing card at the time of entry clearance from SAR.

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Sat May 16, 2015 11:50 pm

I am guessing that there has been a change in policy at the Home Office since 2012.

Perhaps you should raise an FoI with the Home Office to clarify your question (of how the caseworker can verify absences, particularly in case of a lost/stolen passport).

For the avoidance of doubt, I am not the person who raised the FoI that you refer to. Simon is not that unusual a name.