ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalization queries - Please help

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

prvnrk
England

Naturalization queries - Please help

Post by prvnrk » Sun May 10, 2015 8:46 pm

Hi Gurus,

We got our ILR on 26th June 2014 (through PEO appointment) for me, my wife (main applicant) & our daughter (born in India aged 9 years). We also had a son who was born in UK(DOB = 22/2/2014) who already got British passport.

Now we are planning to apply for Naturalization for 3 of us in June 2015. I have few queries, appreciate if anyone could clarify

1. I got VISA/ILR as dependent but I did work as a contract employee by starting a Limited company as a Sole director from May 2014 to Feb 2015. Company trading stopped by 31st March 2015 and I am planning to close my company as I have no plans to work in near future. Would it impact my Naturalization application in any way if I close it or keep it open without any trading? Please suggest best option for me. I can certainly wait closing it if it helps my application in anyway.

2. Is 27th June 2015 my earliest eligibility for Naturalization application? (we have no absences problem)

3. I know we need to use AN form for adults (for me & my wife) but not sure which form to use (AN or MN1) for my daughter (aged 9) who was born in India. Please advise

4. Unfortunately I don't know my parents' date of birth (it may sound bit weird but truth) who died long ago and it is asked in the application form AN. what should be my answer for this query?

Thanks for all the help!

fwd079
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Re: Naturalization queries - Please help

Post by fwd079 » Mon May 11, 2015 9:36 am

prvnrk wrote: Now we are planning to apply for Naturalization for 3 of us in June 2015. I have few queries, appreciate if anyone could clarify.
Please click here for very useful information about Naturalisation.
prvnrk wrote: 1. I got VISA/ILR as dependent but I did work as a contract employee by starting a Limited company as a Sole director from May 2014 to Feb 2015. Company trading stopped by 31st March 2015 and I am planning to close my company as I have no plans to work in near future. Would it impact my Naturalization application in any way if I close it or keep it open without any trading? Please suggest best option for me. I can certainly wait closing it if it helps my application in anyway.
No it would not.
prvnrk wrote: 2. Is 27th June 2015 my earliest eligibility for Naturalization application? (we have no absences problem)
Yes.
prvnrk wrote: 3. I know we need to use AN form for adults (for me & my wife) but not sure which form to use (AN or MN1) for my daughter (aged 9) who was born in India. Please advise
MN1 for child.
prvnrk wrote: 4. Unfortunately I don't know my parents' date of birth (it may sound bit weird but truth) who died long ago and it is asked in the application form AN. what should be my answer for this query?
Leave blank and provide cover letter explaining why it is unknown.
prvnrk wrote: Thanks for all the help!
Good luck.
Being British is a state of mind.
Want to maintain timeline of any thread? Click here and grab template.

prvnrk
England

Post by prvnrk » Tue May 12, 2015 6:48 pm

Thanks fwd079 for the reply.

Answer to Q2 in FAQ Thread is bit confusing. My wife (Main applicant during ILR application) came here in July 2009 and I came here to UK in Dec 2010 along with our daughter (dependents didn't complete 5 years yet). For Naturalization, can we all 3 apply at the same time or dependents can apply only after Main applicant's citizenship ceremony completed?
Q2: My spouse was granted ILR as a dependant. When can he/she apply?

Once a dependant is granted ILR, he/she is not a dependant any more. For naturalisation, each applicant needs to meet the requirements (including the 5 years residence period).

If one applicant meets the 5 years residence requirement but the spouse doesn’t, then once the applicant is granted BC (after the citizenship ceremony), the spouse becomes a spouse of BC and can apply for naturalisation under the 3 years residence requirements.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue May 12, 2015 9:56 pm

You will need to wait until December 2015 to qualify for citizenship as 5 years residence is the criteria. You will only qualify sooner if your partner is already British after attending ceremony.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

prvnrk
England

Post by prvnrk » Tue Jun 30, 2015 10:47 pm

CR001 wrote:You will need to wait until December 2015 to qualify for citizenship as 5 years residence is the criteria. You will only qualify sooner if your partner is already British after attending ceremony.
Thanks CR001.

I heard that my wife can also apply for our daughter along with her application (unlike me wherein I will have to wait until my wife completes her ceremony OR until Dec 2015) of course a separate MN1 form to be used for our daughter. Can you please confirm if that is correct?

Cheers

ukswus

Post by ukswus » Wed Jul 01, 2015 12:25 am

Actually applying on 26 June was perfectly fine, too.