ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA Family Permit For my brother

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

khanjaan

EEA Family Permit For my brother

Post by khanjaan » Thu Apr 24, 2014 10:38 pm

HI i just want to find out few things if someone can help or even is that possible.
I am British passport holder .
And my brother live in Pakistan with his wife and 2 kids
can i bring him in uk as a EEA Family permits.
Do i have to go to any European country and need to work there or self employed for a little while .
its very confusing .
can someone tell me is there any way i can bring my brother in to UK if its possible please let me know.
and if yes where my brother needs to apply from is he need to apply from Pakistan in which category which application .so please someone help in detail.

shamsa01

Re: EEA Family Permit For my brother

Post by shamsa01 » Wed May 13, 2015 9:26 am

I Have a same question can somebody answer please . Thanks

el patron
Member of Standing

Re: EEA Family Permit For my brother

Post by el patron » Wed May 13, 2015 11:20 am

This will be more difficult, the Home Office UK/Visas are likely to maintain that only direct family members can be included in this type of 'surinder sigh' application, a brother is not a direct family member. However, I do recall one success at appeal in the Upper-tribunal for such a case, so if you are determined and prepared to appeal, there may be a chance for success, but far from straightforward.