ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Biometrics Letter not received

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Cammrc

Biometrics Letter not received

Post by Cammrc » Tue May 12, 2015 3:53 pm

Hi I applied on 09/04/15 through NCS (1 adult, 1 minor), I received my acknowlegement letter last saturday, but still there is no Biometrics letter (we already had biometrics info taken at home office Croydon in 2011 when we did Tier1 extension), I am getting more and more worried that it has lost during postage, in that case what shall I do, I learned in the forum that the letter is only valid for 15 days otherwise the application will be refused... Does anybody can help clarify that? thanks.

gumfree7

Re: Biometrics Letter not received

Post by gumfree7 » Tue May 12, 2015 11:12 pm

If you already had your biometric info taken in the UK you won't need to do it again (as long as you have provided the BRM details on the form).

Also HO can take a long time, depending on what your circumstances are and in what stage your application is. When did you send off your application, did you use NCS?

Otherwise you can contact HO with regards to Citizenship here

Also, do you have a source which states that the letter is only valid for 15 days after which the application is refused? I have never heard of this before, nor seen it in any of HO published documents. :shock:

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Wed May 13, 2015 8:04 am

You do need to submit your biometrics for every application, irrespective of whether you have submitted them before. As the letter is sent through second class post I would give it a few days to arrive.

Cammrc

Post by Cammrc » Wed May 13, 2015 9:58 am

Thanks guys, I will wait for a few days then contact HO if still no letter. 15 days is what I heard from people who has received the Biometrics letter.

Cammrc

Post by Cammrc » Thu May 14, 2015 4:20 pm

Still not received the Biometrics letter, so frustrating, I tried to call them but they won't anwser the call if application was made within 6 months. I also emailed them but the reply will take up to 20 working day. We deserved better than second class postage considering how much we have paid for the service.

blooms

Post by blooms » Thu May 14, 2015 4:30 pm

Did you apply using the old (pre-March 15) form by chance? If so, then that didn't include a biometrics section.