ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

English Certificate for ILR Long residense

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

A.Khan
Newly Registered

Post by A.Khan » Wed May 13, 2015 9:08 am

Hi Everybody !
I am new to this forum.I have a question regarding English certificate for ILR 10 year base.
I have tier1 general visa which I got in 2011 and I submitted the C1 certificate from edxcel/pearson which was accepted .And again it was accepted on tier 1 general extension in 2013.
Now I am going to apply ILR on long residence base and that awarding body of English certificate is not in Home Office list .
I am really worried what to do ? Shell I do B1 or C1 again from recognized body Or The Home Office will accept the Old C1 certificate.

Kindly give me suggestion.

Thanks
A. Khan

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Re: English Certificate for ILR Long residense

Post by cs95tdg » Wed May 13, 2015 10:14 am

If it's not on the list then yes, you will need to take a test that is acceptable before you apply. Please see...
https://www.gov.uk/english-language/app ... ifications

A.Khan
Newly Registered

Post by A.Khan » Wed May 13, 2015 10:53 am

But in the same page it is said that
''If you’re applying to settle in the UK, your expired qualification may still be accepted as proof if it was one of the following:

1:previously accepted by the Home Office in connection with another immigration application, eg entry clearance
2:awarded in the UK and is on the Ofqual register.

As my qualification of English was already accepted on two ocassion .Does it mean that It will still be accepted on ILR 10 year base.

A.Khan

A.Khan
Newly Registered

Post by A.Khan » Wed May 13, 2015 11:40 am

cs95tdg wrote:If it's not on the list then yes, you will need to take a test that is acceptable before you apply. Please see...
https://www.gov.uk/english-language/app ... ifications

But in the same page it is said that
''If you’re applying to settle in the UK, your expired qualification may still be accepted as proof if it was one of the following:

1:previously accepted by the Home Office in connection with another immigration application, eg entry clearance
2:awarded in the UK and is on the Ofqual register.

As my qualification of English was already accepted on two ocassion .Does it mean that It will still be accepted on ILR 10 year base.

A.Khan

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed May 13, 2015 11:47 am

and is on the Ofqual register.
Have you checked if your English test is in this register?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

A.Khan
Newly Registered

Post by A.Khan » Fri May 15, 2015 11:29 am

I did C1 language test in April 2011 awarded by Pearson/edexcel
Tier 1 General application accepted in May 2011
Tier 1 General extension(With same C1 certificate accepted in may 2013)

I am now about to apply ILR Long Residence base.
Will Home Office accept the same C1 certificate which was accepted twice in previous applications ?

Urgent Reply Needed

Thanks

A.Khan