ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Different address on Driving Licence for Naturalisation

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

nkasmani
Newly Registered

Different address on Driving Licence for Naturalisation

Post by nkasmani » Wed May 13, 2015 9:14 am

Hi,

My appointment to apply is booked for Tomorrow - Your help on this will be highly appreciated.

Issue - I have 3 points (Using mobile phone while driving) + £60.00 fine (Driving with licence NOT in accordance with DVLA) on my driving licence July/2010. As far as I am aware these points are due to be spent in July/2015 and I have confirmed with various immigration consultants who have confirmed this should not affect my Naturalisation application. However, there is slight concern which has been raised by a friend yesterday.

My Driving Licence is still registered at my previous address because I park my car on the driveway & my insurance is at the same address. This is less than 30 sec walk from my current address.

I have been asked by the NCS advisor to bring my Licence + Counterpart for the application as I have points.

Q. Having a different address on my licence could this potentially cause any problem in the approval of my naturalisation application?

***Please note - My Car Logbook, Voting Register, & couple of Bank accounts are still registered at this address as its my brother's and he is fully aware.

Any help on this will be highly appreciated.

Thanks

Casa
United Kingdom

Re: Different address on Driving Licence for Naturalisation

Post by Casa » Wed May 13, 2015 9:26 am

I would delay your application until you've notified the DVLA of your change of address and have received your new licence. You face a fine of up to £1,000 for non-notification of the change.
https://www.gov.uk/change-address-driving-licence
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

nkasmani
Newly Registered

Post by nkasmani » Wed May 13, 2015 10:51 am

Thanks for letting me know and will get this done with immediate effect. However, please reply what should I do with my Naturalisation application. Apply or NOT.

NOTE - I wasn't aware that we could check the points on DVLA online, which I did and the search returns 0 POINTS as the offences were spent on completion of 4 years.

Please share your outcome if you were in the same boat in the past.

Waiting for some one's reply.

Thanks

hellonewhere

Post by hellonewhere » Wed May 13, 2015 11:05 am

Also, just a quick point to mention is to change your address for your insurance as your insurance will become void if your address on your driving licence doesn't match with them. In the event of an accident, the insurance company will decline your claim.

Furthermore, if the address where you are currently living is your permanent address and not a temporary one, you ought to change it on the electoral register as well as your with your bank.

As Casa advised, it's best to wait until the necessary changes have been made.

Best of luck with your application!