ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

article 8 (I want to leave this country)

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

jonseagull
Newly Registered

article 8 (I want to leave this country)

Post by jonseagull » Wed May 13, 2015 11:09 am

Sorry guys this is a bit long winded but I need help!
Hi, I really need some help as I'm getting so depressed. I was involved about 6 years ago in delivering some drugs in the UK (I am a UK national) When I found out it was drugs I stopped and was never paid for doing this. I went to Thailand, as I had many times before and stayed with my girlfriend. I was not wanted by the police. Then the British police wanted me for questioning, but I didn't go back as I had now got a job teaching English to Thai children and my girlfriend was pregnant.
I married my girlfriend and we had another baby, Edward, whom I got a British passport for. 4 years later I was arrested and put in a Thai jail until extradited to the UK. I pleaded guilty as the judge told me the case was now 4 years old and when he found me guilty he would give me the longest sentence he could. My barrister told me to plead guilty and would only get a small sentence. I had never been in trouble with the police before and was now nearly 65 years old.
I was given 4 years 8 months (I was in shock)and served the required 2 years 4 months. On my release I was expecting to return to my family under the human rights act article 8, but my probation officer will not hear of it. My family are desperate and living in poverty. I send half of my state pension to my wife. I have no savings and don't know where to turn for help. My wife and children can't come here as I have no home or money...I live and work in Thailand. Prisoners who live in the UK, when released on licence, go and live with their families...they won't let me
A friend in prison in the UK went straight to Philippines on his release to be with his wife. My home,wife and children and work are all in Thailand. I am so depressed and am worried now for my marriage. please, please help. No one seems to care!
After this so called crime I was working for 4 years in Thailand (not following a life of crime) so not a threat to anyone or national security. Under Article 8 therefore that gives me the right to go home to my family. But of course the British government do not like the European law.
Can you help me in anyway please I don't know where to get help. People in this country only think of article 8 in staying in the UK.
sorry long winded but someone just may know something! Thanks
Terry