ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalization and thereafter

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

mayankpant
Newly Registered

Naturalization and thereafter

Post by mayankpant » Wed May 13, 2015 3:24 pm

Hi
I plan to apply for citizenship through naturalization and once I get my British citizenship and the passport, I intend to move back to India for some years to take care of my parents in their old age.

However I heard that this might result in my British citizenship being revoked. Is this true? I had assumed that once you get the citizenship, you can stay anywhere in the world for any length of time.

Please let me know what are the laws regarding this? I'll be much thankful.

Regards
Mayank

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Re: Naturalization and thereafter

Post by cs95tdg » Wed May 13, 2015 3:44 pm

mayankpant wrote: I heard that this might result in my British citizenship being revoked. Is this true?
Not true. Once you are naturalised as a British citizen you are free to travel as you wish without any effect on your British citizenship.
Last edited by cs95tdg on Wed May 13, 2015 3:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mayankpant
Newly Registered

Post by mayankpant » Wed May 13, 2015 3:46 pm

Thanks so even if I stay out of UK for 10 yrs say and come back after 10 yrs, there would not be any problem, right??

This is what I assume but want to confirm.

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Wed May 13, 2015 3:47 pm

Correct.

rukmesh
United Kingdom

Post by rukmesh » Wed May 13, 2015 3:49 pm

My sister in law is a british citizen (by birth - before 1984) and she lives in India and has no problem in travelling anywhere. She has all the rights as a British Citizen