ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

AN/MN1 application form query.

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

theaviator380

AN/MN1 application form query.

Post by theaviator380 » Wed May 13, 2015 3:58 pm

Dear All,

I will be applying for citizenship along with my wife and kid. I have some query in an application form.

1. Page no 11, section 2.1. Date and Place first arrival in the UK. I guess that’s the date when Tier-1 was granted? Next bit is tricky, first arrival in the UK? If I applied for Tier-1 within UK, what I am going to write?

2. Page 24, section 6.7. BRP enclosed? If we submit photocopy of the original through NCS and if I retain original with me, am I still suppose to tick Yes to BRP enclosed?

It will be helpful if someone respond to my query please.

Thank you.

hellonewhere

Re: AN/MN1 application form query.

Post by hellonewhere » Wed May 13, 2015 4:04 pm

Question 1: should be exactly as it asks, the date when you first entered UK and the place where you first arrived at for e.g. I arrived at Gatwick Airport, so that's what I put down on my form.

I hope that's correct!

Edit; question 2, I can't answer so hopefully someone else can shortly.

theaviator380

Post by theaviator380 » Thu May 14, 2015 10:30 am

Thanks for reply. I am sorry I am still not getting it.

I entered in the UK first time at Place A
got first Tier-1 General at Place B in the UK
got an Extension at Place C in the UK
got an ILR at Place C in the UK

So what place I am suppose to enter in the form?

fwd079
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by fwd079 » Fri May 15, 2015 12:08 pm

theaviator380 wrote:Dear All,

I will be applying for citizenship along with my wife and kid. I have some query in an application form.

1. Page no 11, section 2.1. Date and Place first arrival in the UK. I guess that’s the date when Tier-1 was granted? Next bit is tricky, first arrival in the UK? If I applied for Tier-1 within UK, what I am going to write?

2. Page 24, section 6.7. BRP enclosed? If we submit photocopy of the original through NCS and if I retain original with me, am I still suppose to tick Yes to BRP enclosed?

It will be helpful if someone respond to my query please.

Thank you.
1. As per hellonowhere suggested. Its Place A.
2. Yes. Because going through NCS is as if you are submitting originals, because NCS will photocopy your originals and attest them to be genuine photocopies (many NCS locations do not accept your own photocopies, instead, they photocopy your documents themselves).

I used NCS during my own application and later on during my wife's applications, both times they photocopied themselves and returned originals to us. Good luck.
Being British is a state of mind.
Want to maintain timeline of any thread? Click here and grab template.