ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 General Child

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

manikandanra
Newly Registered

Tier 2 General Child

Post by manikandanra » Mon May 11, 2015 5:17 pm

My husband has Tier 2 ICT & working in UK and both myself & child have Tier 2 ICT Dependant visas valid until 30/01/16.

I have got a job in UK so I am planning to apply for Tier 2 General Migrant visa along with my child (Tier 2 General Child). Please can anyone confirm what visa will they provide for my child as both parents are in different categories of visa. Please note that both myself & kid are currently in home country.

Regards,
Subha

moonlight55
Diamond Member

Re: Tier 2 General Child

Post by moonlight55 » Mon May 11, 2015 9:43 pm

If you are applying for your child along with you, he will get Tier 2 General dependent visa.

manikandanra
Newly Registered

Re: Tier 2 General Child

Post by manikandanra » Wed May 13, 2015 5:51 pm

Thanks for the reply.

I have applied for Tier 2 General along with my child for Tier 2 General Child visa. We both applied from India and received our passports yesterday. I've got Tier 2 General and my child has received Tier 2 ICT valid until 30/01/2016. This is same as my husband's visa who is working in UK.

I sent an email to Visa Enquiry service and their reply is,

"your child’s visa has been issued in accordance with the paragraph 319I(a)(i) of the Immigration Rule. Accordingly, your child’s visa has been issued in line with the validity of parent who has the least period"

I don't think they will refund the visa fee and they have given Tier 2 ICT once again to my child though she is already having that. Now my kid has TWO visas (Tier 2 ICT) with same validity period.