ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Settlement application from tier2 (urgent help please!!)

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sk8rprick
Newly Registered

Settlement application from tier2 (urgent help please!!)

Post by sk8rprick » Wed May 13, 2015 8:02 pm

Hi

I am applying for my ILR under the tier2 5 year route. Unfortunately I was dismissed by my former employer last year for gross misconduct ( there were no charges pressed or anything like that). I managed to find a new sponsor and was able to continue on tier 2.

my query is in reference to the following question on the form:

7.10. Have you or any dependants who are applying with you ever engaged in any other
activities which might indicate that you may not be considered to be persons of good character?

do i need to answer 'yes' to this and explain about my dismissal? I am afraid my application would be refused if I do so.

Please help me out with your valuable suggestions as I am stressed beyond belief.

many thanks in advance

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Settlement application from tier2 (urgent help please!!)

Post by CR001 » Wed May 13, 2015 8:16 pm

It really does depend on what the 'gross misconduct' was. If no action was taken, I would think it is not necessary to declare, but not 100% sure.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

sk8rprick
Newly Registered

Post by sk8rprick » Wed May 13, 2015 8:22 pm

many thanks for your response. It was falsifying time sheets for time i considered working from home. please help me answer this. i have suffered heavily because of this mistake

sk8rprick
Newly Registered

Post by sk8rprick » Wed May 13, 2015 10:38 pm

Can the senior members please respond. I am extremely stressed out about this. many thanks in advance