ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA2 Application Timelines - ONLY 1 TOPIC - UpToDate

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

chriskv1
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Re: EEA2 Application Timelines - ONLY 1 TOPIC - UpToDate

Post by chriskv1 » Wed May 13, 2015 5:50 pm

Finished my interview .
The interviewer tried to make me say that we are not in a relationship and I told him if you believe so just deport me still we would be together even after 10 years.

He was saying that our answers don't match but I talked to my fiance after the interview and all our answers matched. O_o . I mean was this just a flippin trick from his part since we are unmarried to make us say that we are just friends Or something . I mean what the hell .

he was like my friends downstairs can arrest you and jail you right now if this is a lie and I gave him my phone and made him look through our texts to each other. -_-
And obviously at the end he told us we are free to go.

I feel kinda sad that the UK government would treat legitimate relationships this way. It's so obviously legit as well. We speak yhe same language , same religion , 100s of photos together.
Anger and intolerance are the enemies of correct understanding.
Mahatma Gandhi

E&OE. I'm not a legal professional.

aliii8
Newly Registered

Post by aliii8 » Wed May 13, 2015 6:48 pm

hi

how can i get a COA from home office on an urgent bases.

i applied for my rc 22nd May 2014 and still hasnt received a decision. i was never provided with a COA and last week i have been suspended from work because my employer applied for ECS (employers checking system) to confirm my right to work but home office send them a negative. i called the home office european dept and i was given an email to request a COA. i have requested it over week ago n i was sent an electronic email acknowledgement that it will be posted in 3 days but it never arrived. i have called again n i was told to email again.

i have been off work and really need to get back to work and require a COA with right to work.

i was on PSW when i applied for EEA2 and my wife is working so exercising her treaty rights. so i was suppose to get a COA with right to work but i have not issued. i have provided my work place with acknowldgement letter but they no longer see it valid.

i would really appreciate some help soon.

thanks

bilirserdar

Post by bilirserdar » Wed May 13, 2015 7:51 pm

I think I am the most unlucky applicant here, I made my eea application 23/4/15 got the acknowledgement at 1/5/15.
I was waiting my biometric letter for 12 days which hasnt arrived. I have phoned them today, i have been told it has been sent at 1/5/15 however i havent receive anything. I think it has been lost in the post. I dont know what to do now. Any advices?

whale
Newly Registered

Post by whale » Wed May 13, 2015 8:42 pm

chriskv1 wrote:Finished my interview .
The interviewer tried to make me say that we are not in a relationship and I told him if you believe so just deport me still we would be together even after 10 years.

He was saying that our answers don't match but I talked to my fiance after the interview and all our answers matched. O_o . I mean was this just a flippin trick from his part since we are unmarried to make us say that we are just friends Or something . I mean what the hell .

he was like my friends downstairs can arrest you and jail you right now if this is a lie and I gave him my phone and made him look through our texts to each other. -_-
And obviously at the end he told us we are free to go.

I feel kinda sad that the UK government would treat legitimate relationships this way. It's so obviously legit as well. We speak yhe same language , same religion , 100s of photos together.

Hello Chriskv1, don't worry that is how they did to me few weeks ago, at then end he promised to send my RC within weeks which i haven't receive yet, not only the questions you answered that justify your relationship, but also your gesture they put into consideration and confidence they are looking into as well, that they let you go seems positive of your RC on d way. see you there soon my friend

ukstorm1
Newly Registered

Post by ukstorm1 » Wed May 13, 2015 10:38 pm

Mileman wrote:I see your point...to the other March guys, some info of where I stand:
  • Married to an Italian wife for four years (sent in certificate of marriage for both Argentina & Italy)
    She is currently exercising treaty rights studying English at an accredited school
    Sent in shared Tenancy Agreement
    Sent in a year contract with a private health provider.
    Sent in statements for some savings (way lower than the 18600 they ask for in other cases, but I think in our case the savings part is not mandatory)
    And, I applied well within my EEA FP, it is valid through August.
I think on paper the case is solid, but you never know...
Hi my "March" friend,
I applied as self sufficient EEA spouse, so we bought a private health insurance too. What did you go with? and How much was it?
Obviously, if you don't mind me asking.
We've got G&M Healthcare. Cost us about 900

chriskv1
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by chriskv1 » Thu May 14, 2015 2:28 am

whale wrote:

Hello Chriskv1, don't worry that is how they did to me few weeks ago, at then end he promised to send my RC within weeks which i haven't receive yet, not only the questions you answered that justify your relationship, but also your gesture they put into consideration and confidence they are looking into as well, that they let you go seems positive of your RC on d way. see you there soon my friend
Ahhhh I see. I guess it's just their way of doing things then. I mean I was feeling hopeless in there during the interview .
Let's hope we get it.
Mahatma Gandhi

bilirserdar

Post by bilirserdar » Thu May 14, 2015 8:03 am

rfgranlund wrote:Hi all,

Just joining now and posting my first reply.
So nice to have some camaraderie with all the others dealing with the same struggle!

I'm from the US and my wife is Portuguese.

Here's my EEA(FM) timeline so far:
22.04 Wife filed EEA(QP) and got RegCert same day at Croydon
24.04 Sent in my EEA(FM) to Durham in the post
29.04 Fee charged
01.05 HO Acknowledgement Letter (dated 28.04)
02.05 Requested ROD online (for return of passport and wife's ID)
08.05 Biometrics Letter (dated 05.05)
11.05 Biometrics Submitted

... waiting on COA

two little questions...

1) I've just read someone complaining (justly) about the sheer volume of paperwork to mail in for the massive new post-Easter EEA(FM) plus evidence, and noticed specifically their outrage at the request for copies AND originals of all evidence. I sent only originals :( , as (to me) the instructions send mixed messages:
"Unless otherwise stated, please send original documents only."
... then, next paragraph
"Please also submit photocopies of all documents submitted as well as the original documents."
(Section 20 – Documents and Evidence, p.114)
If you're reading that less than carefully, you might fall into the same trap I did.
Here's hoping they won't mind making their own d*mn photocopies of my docs!!
Seriously, though, that won't scr*w me will it?

2) I've also read that those requesting their passport back will get their RC on A4 paper?!
I was sure that the RC is not a passport vignette but a card. So why would their not having my passport matter?
Am I being confused by older posts about a policy that has now changed?
In fact I called in and asked about requesting my passport back right away, and the guy on the phone specifically said go ahead, because the HO just takes a copy of it for their purposes and then no longer needs it during the rest of the evaluation.

Best of luck to all others in waiting!!!
Hey I have just applied 1 day after you. However I havent got my biometrics letter. I have contacted with them, I have been told ,they have sent it on 1 st of may. I think it s got lost because of elections, coz we used to get lots of junk mail

Mileman
Argentina

Post by Mileman » Thu May 14, 2015 9:16 am

ukstorm1 wrote:
Mileman wrote:I see your point...to the other March guys, some info of where I stand:
  • Married to an Italian wife for four years (sent in certificate of marriage for both Argentina & Italy)
    She is currently exercising treaty rights studying English at an accredited school
    Sent in shared Tenancy Agreement
    Sent in a year contract with a private health provider.
    Sent in statements for some savings (way lower than the 18600 they ask for in other cases, but I think in our case the savings part is not mandatory)
    And, I applied well within my EEA FP, it is valid through August.
I think on paper the case is solid, but you never know...
Hi my "March" friend,
I applied as self sufficient EEA spouse, so we bought a private health insurance too. What did you go with? and How much was it?
Obviously, if you don't mind me asking.
We've got G&M Healthcare. Cost us about 900
Hey Storm, to be honest with you I think I could have gotten something a bit cheaper, but I wanted to make sure I sent something as comprehensive as possible seeing my next 5 years ride on this application. I am paying a bit over 1k with April UK.
British Citizen after 5 years EEU Settled
Naturalisation process took two months:

aliii8
Newly Registered

Post by aliii8 » Thu May 14, 2015 9:53 am

applied 22/05/2014
acknowledgement 29/05/2014
interview 01/09/2014
RC still waiting
no COA issued ever

how can i get a COA from home office on an urgent bases.

i applied for my rc 22nd May 2014 and still hasnt received a decision. i was never provided with a COA and last week i have been suspended from work because my employer applied for ECS (employers checking system) to confirm my right to work but home office send them a negative. i called the home office european dept and i was given an email to request a COA. i have requested it over week ago n i was sent an electronic email acknowledgement that it will be posted in 3 days but it never arrived. i have called again n i was told to email again.

i have been off work and really need to get back to work and require a COA with right to work.

i was on PSW when i applied for EEA2 and my wife is working so exercising her treaty rights. so i was suppose to get a COA with right to work but i have not issued. i have provided my work place with acknowldgement letter but they no longer see it valid.

i would really appreciate some help soon.

thanks

EEA2Jan2015
Newly Registered

Post by EEA2Jan2015 » Thu May 14, 2015 11:33 am

Hi All,

I got my RC nicely stamped on my passport today. It came in the same Royal Mail packet that I had attached.

The timeline was exactly as I predicted based on the guidance from others. :P

I sent only the documents they asked for. Nothing more, nothing less.

Date of my application ~ sent by me/received by HO: 6th Jan/ 7th Jan
Acknowledgement dated / received: 8th Jan/ 13th Jan
COA dated / received: 16th Jan / 19th Jan (with the right to work)
RC dated / received: 5th May / 14th May

Everything was done smoothly . They returned the passport, Eu ID card, marriage certificate, employers slips and the utility bills etc. Here is the background:

Couple: French & Indian
Married: in Jan 2014 in the US
Previous visa status: EEA Family permit

I would suggest that you predict your timelines by comparing yourselves with your 'type' of case. Mine was a straight forward case with a straightforward timeline. Married and Unmarried couples seem to have slightly varied timelines.

Just keep tracking it and you will certainly get it, everyone is doing their job. :wink:

Good Luck!

EEA2Jan2015
Last edited by EEA2Jan2015 on Thu May 14, 2015 11:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

whale
Newly Registered

Post by whale » Thu May 14, 2015 11:38 am

@cHRICKV1.... what did the interviewer told you after all ? you will know if its positive or not,
As for me when i finished the guy gave me a firm handshake and apologized for been too hard on me, after all hes doing his job, he said me and my wife had one of the best interview with him in a very long time and he went out to talk to my wife as well and said he was pleased with us and we should be expecting our RC soon.

whale
Newly Registered

Post by whale » Thu May 14, 2015 11:41 am

chriskv1 wrote:
whale wrote:

Ahhhh I see. I guess it's just their way of doing things then. I mean I was feeling hopeless in there during the interview .
Let's hope we get it.

@cHRICKV1.... what did the interviewer told you after all ? you will know if its positive or not,
As for me when i finished the guy gave me a firm handshake and apologized for been too hard on me, after all hes doing his job, he said me and my wife had one of the best interview with him in a very long time and he went out to talk to my wife as well and said he was pleased with us and we should be expecting our RC soon.

Meyaska
Newly Registered

Post by Meyaska » Thu May 14, 2015 1:24 pm

Got my RC today!!! Wohoooy.
Hi Mandazi, nice to see another Indonesian here!
Meyaska wrote:Hi everyone,

Just would like to share my EEA2 application timeline.

Posted to HO 8 Jan 2015
Receipt Letter fr HO 12 Jan
COA 19 Jan
RC .... Still waiting

Situation: Im an Indonesian national married to a Dutch national since Jun 2014.

Meyaska
Newly Registered

Post by Meyaska » Thu May 14, 2015 1:31 pm

Hii EEA2Jan2015

I would second what you said below. Our timeline (see above) and case is quite similar. Got mine today too.

Good luck to everyone!!!

EEA2Jan2015 wrote:Hi All,

I got my RC nicely stamped on my passport today. It came in the same Royal Mail packet that I had attached.

The timeline was exactly as I predicted based on the guidance from others. :P

I sent only the documents they asked for. Nothing more, nothing less.

Date of my application ~ sent by me/received by HO: 6th Jan/ 7th Jan
Acknowledgement dated / received: 8th Jan/ 13th Jan
COA dated / received: 16th Jan / 19th Jan (with the right to work)
RC dated / received: 5th May / 14th May

Everything was done smoothly . They returned the passport, Eu ID card, marriage certificate, employers slips and the utility bills etc. Here is the background:

Couple: French & Indian
Married: in Jan 2014 in the US
Previous visa status: EEA Family permit

I would suggest that you predict your timelines by comparing yourselves with your 'type' of case. Mine was a straight forward case with a straightforward timeline. Married and Unmarried couples seem to have slightly varied timelines.

Just keep tracking it and you will certainly get it, everyone is doing their job. :wink:

Good Luck!

EEA2Jan2015

chriskv1
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by chriskv1 » Thu May 14, 2015 2:26 pm

whale wrote:
chriskv1 wrote:
whale wrote:

Let's hope we get it.
He didn't really say much he gave back my passport and said do you want anything from these documents if you do we can get a photocopy and I told him I wanted the valentines card back and he said Oh that's ok I will tell them I saw it. He walked me to my girlfriend and told her your interview is now finished ,you are free to go.

Mahatma Gandhi

Mandazi
Newly Registered

Post by Mandazi » Thu May 14, 2015 4:21 pm

Meyaska wrote:Got my RC today!!! Wohoooy.
Hi Mandazi, nice to see another Indonesian here!
Meyaska wrote:Hi everyone,

Just would like to share my EEA2 application timeline.

Posted to HO 8 Jan 2015
Receipt Letter fr HO 12 Jan
COA 19 Jan
RC .... Still waiting

Situation: Im an Indonesian national married to a Dutch national since Jun 2014.
Congratulations, I'm still waiting on mine. Fingers crossed

chriskv1
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by chriskv1 » Thu May 14, 2015 7:23 pm

@Whale : He didn't really say much he gave back my passport and said do you want anything from these documents if you do we can get a photocopy and I told him I wanted the valentines card back and he said Oh that's ok I will tell them I saw it. He walked me to my girlfriend and told her your interview is now finished ,you are free to go.
Mahatma Gandhi

alex1128
Member of Standing
Mood:
Morocco

Post by alex1128 » Thu May 14, 2015 8:41 pm

chriskv1 wrote:@Whale : He didn't really say much he gave back my passport and said do you want anything from these documents if you do we can get a photocopy and I told him I wanted the valentines card back and he said Oh that's ok I will tell them I saw it. He walked me to my girlfriend and told her your interview is now finished ,you are free to go.
Hello chriskv1,
Your case seems to be quite similar to mine, is there anyway you can send me your email or mobile number ? Id like to contact to profit from your experience before sending my application !!
Thx
Application sent: 25.06
Biometrics : 10/07 (dated 07/07)
COA: 29/07
Received Questionnaire: 09/11
RC : Refused ( 23/01/2016)
Appeal Filed : 25/01/2016

svalavil

Post by svalavil » Fri May 15, 2015 1:11 am

addyjaan wrote:Hi, any one who applied in August and waiting for?
Like me :-)
Hi. Any particular reason for getting delay in your case?

gilliananneq
Newly Registered

Post by gilliananneq » Fri May 15, 2015 10:24 am

belegurth wrote:
gilliananneq wrote:
Belegruth we didn't get ours yet! We're still waiting! But hopefully now we'll get it faster as you've already congratulated us :)
Opppss my bad :) but still all of us waiting for the same thing so at least congratz for all of us for our patience, hope my mistake actually means something and you guys get yours soon-er hahah, almost there! :)

You won't believe it!!!! We just got the RC in the mail and it was dated May 12!! So you were right to congratulate us!!! :D :D :D

Final timelines:
Application sent- 19/12/2014
Acknowledgement letter - 23/12/2014
COA (no work permit) received- 12/1/2015 (dated 08/1/13)
Email and phone call made on the 13/1/15
COA (with work permit!) received- 16/1/2015 (dated 13/1)
RC received - 15/5/2015 (dated 12/5)

No phone calls, no interview...

Good luck to everyone!!!

saim24
Newly Registered

Home Visit (EEA)

Post by saim24 » Fri May 15, 2015 10:40 am

Hello Everyone,
Applied on 17-12-14
Acknowledgment -24-12-14
CAO-04-01-15
Questionnaire-5-4-15
Home Visit-28-04-15
RC -Waiting

I had a visit 2 weeks ago, two officers came and my wife attended them as i was out for my class (part time qualification course). They checked our room(wardrobe,toothbrush and letters). They asked few questions to my wife about me and my family which she answered well. They asked my mom's name to her which she couldnt reply cos of typical asian name so she said i dont remember.
2) They asked about me that where i am? and she said he has gone to school and she couldnt answer very well because she doesnt know much about my course.
3)They asked her to show wedding pictures which was in ipad and was locked-----so again she tried but couldnt show,however she apologised and said that its in my ipad but its not working moreover we have already sent our pictures to the home office with questionnaire.They said OK
4)they asked which college do i go for my course? so she wasnt very sure but she showed them few course papers to give them an idea that what course i m doing.
They stayed for 10 mins and went back without mentioning anything more about me!!
They inquired about the other members in house,i havnt heard heard anything yet.
I am worried that is it a positive sign ? or what else it can be?
Guys need your advise on that, please reply when u can, bit worried now :( .

Many Thanks
Saim

belegurth

Post by belegurth » Fri May 15, 2015 1:59 pm

gilliananneq wrote:
belegurth wrote:
gilliananneq wrote:
Belegruth we didn't get ours yet! We're still waiting! But hopefully now we'll get it faster as you've already congratulated us :)
Opppss my bad :) but still all of us waiting for the same thing so at least congratz for all of us for our patience, hope my mistake actually means something and you guys get yours soon-er hahah, almost there! :)

You won't believe it!!!! We just got the RC in the mail and it was dated May 12!! So you were right to congratulate us!!! :D :D :D

Final timelines:

Good luck to everyone!!!

OMG it is exact date that i congratulate you by mistake :D So happy for you! But i have question my husband recently changed his job and his contracts started from this Monday basically with way better salary and this time it is a permanent contract, i knew that we have to let HO know if there is any change on our details and called my solicitor she said yea we need to let them know. So according to here a lot of people started to get their RC from Jan applications, if i send the information about my husband job situation, do you guys think that i would delay the process somehow?

jenangeles
United States of America

Post by jenangeles » Fri May 15, 2015 2:18 pm

Can you congratulate me too then belegurth? ;-)

I wouldn't think that would delay your process - it's best just to be truthful. If they haven't confirmed your husband's old employment by now, they might try and call and confirm it and then be told that he no longer works there and that would delay things or even cause you to not get your residence card.

DashaZh
Newly Registered

Post by DashaZh » Fri May 15, 2015 2:26 pm

gilliananneq wrote:
belegurth wrote:
gilliananneq wrote:

Final timelines:

Good luck to everyone!!!
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!! :D :mrgreen:

OMG guys, I just came home, its 2pm. I see this Royal Mail notice "Sorry we missed you...Special Delivery". And their office works only till 2 pm!!!!!!
I won't be able to sleep!!!
This is it!
I applied in mid-January. No phone calls, no visits...
Everything was very clear in the application. We are married. He is Dutch and I am Russian. Both studied here.
DO you think I got it?

inna.p

Post by inna.p » Fri May 15, 2015 2:44 pm

I'm sure it is!
Let us know tomorrow!

I hope mine is on the way as well. :)
DashaZh wrote:
OMG guys, I just came home, its 2pm. I see this Royal Mail notice "Sorry we missed you...Special Delivery". And their office works only till 2 pm!!!!!!
I won't be able to sleep!!!
This is it!
I applied in mid-January. No phone calls, no visits...
Everything was very clear in the application. We are married. He is Dutch and I am Russian. Both studied here.
DO you think I got it?