ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Eligibility FLR (FP) OR FLR (M)

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

mrashid02139

ILR Eligibility FLR (FP) OR FLR (M)

Post by mrashid02139 » Wed May 13, 2015 8:49 pm

I have got my ILR last week based on 10 year long residency. Before getting ILR, I was in Tier-4 visa. My wife came here in June 2012 as a tier -4 dependent. Now I am confused about two things:
(1) When or after how long my wife would be eligible for ILR?
(2) My wife wants to apply FLR (M), although we are unable to show £18600 per year, as I was on student visa till last week. Can she apply for FLR (M) instead FLR (FP)? It should be mentioned that I have a baby of 6 months.

I expect any suggestion from the gurus or anyone who has gone through the same situation.

mrashid02139

Re: ILR Eligibility FLR (FP) OR FLR (M)

Post by mrashid02139 » Fri May 15, 2015 7:15 pm

Is there anyone who can help/suggest me please??

Zee ali
Diamond Member

Post by Zee ali » Fri May 15, 2015 7:46 pm

mrashid02139 wrote:I have got my ILR last week based on 10 year long residency. Before getting ILR, I was in Tier-4 visa. My wife came here in June 2012 as a tier -4 dependent. Now I am confused about two things:
(1) When or after how long my wife would be eligible for ILR?
(2) My wife wants to apply FLR (M), although we are unable to show £18600 per year, as I was on student visa till last week. Can she apply for FLR (M) instead FLR (FP)? It should be mentioned that I have a baby of 6 months.

I expect any suggestion from the gurus or anyone who has gone through the same situation.
Do u have kids?
I am not an immigration adviser
Any views expressed are my own opinion and should not be considered as legal advice
No liability is accepted for the content and for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided

mrashid02139

Post by mrashid02139 » Sat May 16, 2015 12:34 pm

Yes, I have a 5 months old daughter

vinny

Post by vinny » Sat May 16, 2015 12:43 pm

If she doesn't satisfy the requirements of FLR(M) nor SET(LR), then she should try for FLR(FP).
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

mrashid02139

Post by mrashid02139 » Sat May 16, 2015 1:29 pm

Thank you very much indeed Vinny for your advice. Would you please kindly advice me when or after how many year my wife would be eligible for ILR, if she applies for FLR (FP)? Does she need to apply for FLR(M) again after 6 months?

Zee ali
Diamond Member

Post by Zee ali » Sat May 16, 2015 3:59 pm

mrashid02139 wrote:Thank you very much indeed Vinny for your advice. Would you please kindly advice me when or after how many year my wife would be eligible for ILR, if she applies for FLR (FP)? Does she need to apply for FLR(M) again after 6 months?
Did u register your child as British?

U have strong case if u mention your child in flr fp and attach copy of his british passport and birth certificate.

There r 4 routes in flr fp form to apply better to apply in all.

10 years partner route
5 year parent route
10 year parent route
10 year private life route.

As she came here in june 2012. If she gets flr fp visa 10 years route. She can apply for ILR LR in june 2022.

No she does not need to apply flr m once she gets flr fp visa. its up to u
I am not an immigration adviser
Any views expressed are my own opinion and should not be considered as legal advice
No liability is accepted for the content and for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided

sushildelhi
Newly Registered

Post by sushildelhi » Sun May 17, 2015 1:39 am

Hi
Can you please share your ilr getting experience based on 10 years. Did you used a solicitor? How much time it took?
Thanks

mrashid02139

Post by mrashid02139 » Mon May 18, 2015 11:34 am

Thank you very much Zee Ali for your valuable advice.

It took around 3.5 months to get ILR. The application process is straight forward.