ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Urgent - Surinder Singh Route

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

scottyniham
Newly Registered

Urgent - Surinder Singh Route

Post by scottyniham » Tue May 12, 2015 4:20 pm

I'm writing this post as a bit of a last resort,

Myself and my fiancé are taking the route in Ireland. We are in Dublin right now, but we are facing major difficulties bere. We cannot find accomodation here as there is a rental crisis. Landlords will not accept couples or people without a full time 9-5 job (although we make a good living self employed) We might be facing homelessness if we cannot find a place soon. This is the only route available to us. Can anyone give me some advice?

Thanks

janesx
Newly Registered

Re: Urgent - Surinder Singh Route

Post by janesx » Tue May 12, 2015 8:40 pm

scottyniham wrote:We cannot find accomodation here as there is a rental crisis. Landlords will not accept couples or people without a full time 9-5 job (although we make a good living self employed)
You might have a problem to find a double bedroom, yes. Its hard to find a house to share where people will accept living with a couple (after all, you should have your own place) but if you are looking to rent as a 2 piece there are bedsits and 1 bed apartaments available that make no fuss about 2 people moving in together (been there, done that).

If you are self employed and can demonstrate it with bank statements you will get accepted at some point. I can see you have an issue with rental cost shared x privately...

JimCrawford
Newly Registered

Post by JimCrawford » Wed May 13, 2015 1:53 pm

The social housing crisis and lack of rental properties in Dublin is due to Irelands lax immigration policies. If you take advantage of one, you can hardly complain about the other.

tastylentils

Post by tastylentils » Thu May 14, 2015 8:02 am

I know this sounds drastic but you might want to consider somewhere less expensive to live, like Cork. I intended to live in Dublin myself but house prices were ridiculous.

I feel for you, I expierenced similar refusals when I told landlords I didn't have a job. Hope all goes well.