ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR successful with traffic conviction

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

thebaisify28
Newly Registered

ILR successful with traffic conviction

Post by thebaisify28 » Mon May 04, 2015 5:47 am

Guys
This issue has been discussed to death on this forum, however I've noticed questions on same topic every other day so hopefully my case should help.

I applied for ILR with my spouse on Saturday 02.05 at Solihull under Tier 1 General. I am a self employed business consultant with own Ltd company.

Documents submitted were in line with most recommendations on this forum so I will skip that.

I've had two traffic offences on the same motorway M74- one in 2012 resulted in a 3 points deduction & £60 penalty.

The second in 2014 was more serious- I was pulled over having been caught doing 102mph so it had to be dealt with in court.
I pleaded guilty via post & received a £350 fine + 4 points on license! !! I paid the fine same day I received the paper work.

I didn't apply for a SAR or CRB because quite honestly, I left it too late to apply. Also, I was desperate to switch my visa status- my work contract & mortgage application were both dependent on switching to permanent residency.

I indicated that I had a 'criminal conviction' on the form and stated what it was for- Traffic Offence with financial penalty. I crossed out the boxes meant for indicating length of custody because I didn't want the case worker to develop funny ideas! !!

After submitting my application & done biometric, we were advised to leave the building so we went into John Lewis for breakfast and a bit of window shopping. I received a call after 35mins to enquire about my UK born dependant children. I responded that we would register them as British Citizens IF (a big IF) my ILR Application was successful!

The case worker accepted my explanation and told us to come back into the building in 15mins, that everything was fine.

We got back, informed security that we were asked to come back and the CW came down 5mins after with letter of approval of ILR!

I resisted the urge to enquire about the traffic offence so I wished her a lovely bank holiday weekend. I also complimented her on the quick turnaround to which she explained that 'straight forward' cases are easily dealt with.

So folks, there it is in black and white.

I must quickly add that raking up a succession of traffic offences over a short period may be seen in bad light so be careful behind the wheels!!!

iffi786

Re: ILR successful with traffic conviction

Post by iffi786 » Mon May 04, 2015 2:59 pm

Could u plz pm me ur num want to talk

sajjuz

Post by sajjuz » Tue May 05, 2015 12:52 am

Congrats!

mmc

Post by mmc » Thu May 14, 2015 12:22 am

thebaisify28 wrote:Guys
This issue has been discussed to death on this forum, however I've noticed questions on same topic every other day so hopefully my case should help.

I applied for ILR with my spouse on Saturday 02.05 at Solihull under Tier 1 General. I am a self employed business consultant with own Ltd company.

Documents submitted were in line with most recommendations on this forum so I will skip that.

I've had two traffic offences on the same motorway M74- one in 2012 resulted in a 3 points deduction & £60 penalty.

The second in 2014 was more serious- I was pulled over having been caught doing 102mph so it had to be dealt with in court.
I pleaded guilty via post & received a £350 fine + 4 points on license! !! I paid the fine same day I received the paper work.

I didn't apply for a SAR or CRB because quite honestly, I left it too late to apply. Also, I was desperate to switch my visa status- my work contract & mortgage application were both dependent on switching to permanent residency.

I indicated that I had a 'criminal conviction' on the form and stated what it was for- Traffic Offence with financial penalty. I crossed out the boxes meant for indicating length of custody because I didn't want the case worker to develop funny ideas! !!

After submitting my application & done biometric, we were advised to leave the building so we went into John Lewis for breakfast and a bit of window shopping. I received a call after 35mins to enquire about my UK born dependant children. I responded that we would register them as British Citizens IF (a big IF) my ILR Application was successful!

The case worker accepted my explanation and told us to come back into the building in 15mins, that everything was fine.

We got back, informed security that we were asked to come back and the CW came down 5mins after with letter of approval of ILR!

I resisted the urge to enquire about the traffic offence so I wished her a lovely bank holiday weekend. I also complimented her on the quick turnaround to which she explained that 'straight forward' cases are easily dealt with.

So folks, there it is in black and white.

I must quickly add that raking up a succession of traffic offences over a short period may be seen in bad light so be careful behind the wheels!!!

Hi,
Can you PM your contact number. I want to discuss my case with you.

Thanks
MMC

thebaisify28
Newly Registered

Post by thebaisify28 » Thu May 14, 2015 2:31 am

Email me here: thebaisify at Gmail DOT COM

Thanks

iffi786

Post by iffi786 » Thu May 14, 2015 2:41 am

Did they ask about ur previous applications tex returns