ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 years long residence applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Since2015
Newly Registered

Re: 10 years long residence applications

Post by Since2015 » Mon May 11, 2015 9:34 am

you are spot on @Zee Ali
Zee ali wrote:
sud315 wrote:
Since2015 wrote:Hi All,

I have just received an approval letter with my docs.

This forum is simply great.

Thanks
That's great news! Congrats!
Btw, I cant see your record on timeline.
When did you apply please?
His name is S2015 on google sheet.

Since2015= S2015 Common sense

Jezza1412
Newly Registered

Post by Jezza1412 » Mon May 11, 2015 3:55 pm

Has anyone here done the 10 years Long residence Premium?

Mysterymeow

Post by Mysterymeow » Wed May 13, 2015 7:53 am

So no joy so far this week? Getting worried...

shoaibsuleman

Post by shoaibsuleman » Thu May 14, 2015 8:57 am

Hi

Im applying FLR-M for my wife, so in regards to financial requirement my salary is enough to cover the financial requirement, however my wife works part time as well(but doesn't cover financial requirment), so do I need to show her salary on the form as well or my salary would be sufice?

Secondly in regards to 6 (for me and my wife)correspondence address to cover 2 years. Do we need to show 1 item which covers whole two year period for e.g. bank statement of whole 2 years? Also during two years (from today) me and my lived on two addresses; such as 5 months on current address and 19 months on the old address, so do we submit 3 proof of address from each address in total 6(for each of us) or i need to show 6 proof of address on each addresses we lived on?

Appreciate quick reply

Ta
Shoaib

Since2015
Newly Registered

Post by Since2015 » Thu May 14, 2015 9:31 am

Hi All,

I have received biometric card on Tuesday for my ILR.

I was going through BRP card and I found the Valid until date (Expiry date) was 5 month short of 10 years. I have raised this issue with BRP error Team. I got reply from them that they are looking into this and investigating this.

Then after I spoke to home office and learnt that the expiry date on card is expiry date of card not ILR. and I emailed BRP error team to stop further investigation.

Do I have to worry here. do they cancel my existing BRP card.

Waiting for your reply Please

Thanks

ukbaby
Newly Registered

Post by ukbaby » Thu May 14, 2015 4:21 pm

Hi, I received approve after 5 months.
I was student+PSW+EEA2.
I have been requested to send my parter documents.
My question: do I need to apply to Schengen Visa when travel with my EEA partner while I got ILR?
Before I have EEA2, I do not need.
And what kind passport or Visa shall I get for my baby. It seems we have 3 options: British passport or My country passport + PR or her father EEA passport+ EEA2 or EEA PR? Which way is better?
Could someone help?

hapoo

Post by hapoo » Fri May 15, 2015 12:50 pm

Alhamdulillah, By the Grace of Almighty Allah, I got my approval today. :lol: very happy

My timeline is on Google drive.

I received second email on 30/04/15 that my application is still under consideration.

This forum is great.

Thanks

Zee ali
Diamond Member

Post by Zee ali » Fri May 15, 2015 12:58 pm

hapoo wrote:Alhamdulillah, By the Grace of Almighty Allah, I got my approval today. :lol: very happy

I received second email on 30/04/15 that my application is still under consideration.

This forum is great.

Thanks
Congrats hapoo

U waited so long but all went well.
I am not an immigration adviser
Any views expressed are my own opinion and should not be considered as legal advice
No liability is accepted for the content and for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided

hapoo

Post by hapoo » Fri May 15, 2015 1:14 pm

Thank you Zee ali

yes was very worried because my application was straight forward.

thanks
Zee ali wrote:
hapoo wrote:Alhamdulillah, By the Grace of Almighty Allah, I got my approval today. :lol: very happy

This forum is great.

Thanks
Congrats hapoo

U waited so long but all went well.

Since2015
Newly Registered

Post by Since2015 » Fri May 15, 2015 1:30 pm

Congrates happo.

Do not do the mistake like I did. on my BRp card I found expiry date in 2024. I thought it is wrong and send an email to brp error team. they advised me not to travel until they resolve the issue.

then I resend them an email not to do any further investigation. I ma waiting for their reply as I have to travel next month.

do not know what to do.

Thanks

This forum is great.

Thanks

mashoodp4
inactive

Post by mashoodp4 » Fri May 15, 2015 3:05 pm

Got my ILR on same day service at Sheffield PEO. Big relief , just waiting for the BRP card now and my 10 year immigration journey should come to an end . Thanks all for sharing experiences in this forum, was all very helpful information . I can only repay by doing the same

Appointment location: PEO Sheffield
Appointment date: Tuesday 12th MAy 2015
Appointment time 1:30 pm
Application type : From T1 General to ILR on basis of 10 years legal residence

went there early at 10:20 and submitted documents, This PEO is quite small as compared to Croydon and especially on a weekeday afternoon not much rush.
There were not many people so my application was seen straight away. You get a token when you submit the documents, the lady asked when was my photo taken and I replied yesterday (it is recommended to take recently taken photos only ) The token number comes up on a blue and white screen for bio metric where the signature and BRP details are verified , after this the case is passed on to the case worker, At 12:30 I was called over and informed my ILR has been granted and my documents were returned , the lady asked me to check the details that would go in the bio metric card which would be posted to me within 10 working days.
A letter explaining all this was give and I was out the door before even start time of my appointment.

Docs submitted along with completed application form and x 2 passport size photos
1 x cover letter
1 x list of absence in last 10 years with passport number and exit and entry stamp page number
1 x list of chronology of visa granted with passport number and page number of visa page
1 x UK Bachelors Degree
1 x Life in UK test pass certf
All previous passports during 10 year period
current BRP

additional supporting docs

1 x employer letter
1 x recent bank statement

Do remember to print and take the appointment reference number and payment conformation received by email at the time of booking appointment online.

I highly recommend the premium service for the extra £400 as it would spare you all the waiting time. Hope this is helpful .. Best of luck to everyone else going to apply soon and / or waiting for results .

Regards

Mash

Zee ali
Diamond Member

Post by Zee ali » Fri May 15, 2015 3:29 pm

mashoodp4 wrote:Got my ILR on same day service at Sheffield PEO. Big relief , just waiting for the BRP card now and my 10 year immigration journey should come to an end . Thanks all for sharing experiences in this forum, was all very helpful information . I can only repay by doing the same

went there early at 10:20 and submitted documents, This PEO is quite small as compared to Croydon and especially on a weekeday afternoon not much rush.
There were not many people so my application was seen straight away. You get a token when you submit the documents, the lady asked when was my photo taken and I replied yesterday (it is recommended to take recently taken photos only ) The token number comes up on a blue and white screen for bio metric where the signature and BRP details are verified , after this the case is passed on to the case worker, At 12:30 I was called over and informed my ILR has been granted and my documents were returned , the lady asked me to check the details that would go in the bio metric card which would be posted to me within 10 working days.
A letter explaining all this was give and I was out the door before even start time of my appointment.

Docs submitted along with completed application form and x 2 passport size photos
1 x cover letter
1 x list of absence in last 10 years with passport number and exit and entry stamp page number
1 x list of chronology of visa granted with passport number and page number of visa page
1 x UK Bachelors Degree
current BRP

1 x employer letter

Do remember to print and take the appointment reference number and payment conformation received by email at the time of booking appointment online.

I highly recommend the premium service for the extra £400 as it would spare you all the waiting time. Hope this is helpful .. Best of luck to everyone else going to apply soon and / or waiting for results .

Regards

Mash
Congrats Mash
Any views expressed are my own opinion and should not be considered as legal advice
No liability is accepted for the content and for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided

springfield
Newly Registered

Post by springfield » Fri May 15, 2015 3:55 pm

[quote="hapoo"]Alhamdulillah, By the Grace of Almighty Allah, I got my approval today. :lol: very happy

This forum is great.

Thanks[/quote]

Many Many Congrats Hapoo,
Did they use your special delivery envelop to return the documents and decision.
Will be looking forward your reply.

thanks

smir
Member of Standing
India

Post by smir » Fri May 15, 2015 5:16 pm

Mashallah Mubarak brother

Can you please share

Why you choosed Sheffield ?

When you booked appointment what was earliest date available ?

We have to pay fees online or at peo ?
mashoodp4 wrote:Got my ILR on same day service at Sheffield PEO. Big relief , just waiting for the BRP card now and my 10 year immigration journey should come to an end . Thanks all for sharing experiences in this forum, was all very helpful information . I can only repay by doing the same

1 x cover letter
1 x UK Bachelors Degree
current BRP

1 x employer letter

Regards

Mash

mashoodp4
inactive

Post by mashoodp4 » Fri May 15, 2015 5:18 pm

Sheffield was the one available on my preferred day and yes u have to pay online at time of booking appointment

jazz426
Newly Registered

Post by jazz426 » Fri May 15, 2015 6:37 pm

TeWaio wrote:Can anyone help me on the below?
TeWaio wrote:Hi everyone,

I have followed this board for a while and appreciate all the knowledge that is shared.

My situation:

Arrived UK 29-09-05.

4 years on Tier 4, followed by 2 years on Tier 2 (general), followed by 3 years on Tier 4 again, followed by Tier 2 (general) I currently hold.

Meet all requirements for 10-year ILR (schedule of absences < 540 days, no convictions, no breaks in leave etc.) therefore eligible to apply for 10-year ILR on 01-09-15 (Home Office accepts applications 28 days early).

Have recently learned I am being made redundant by my Tier 2 employer effective 29-05-15. Therefore leave will be curtailed to 28-07-15 (termination date + 60 days), or, as I understand happens in practice, a extra week or so to account for the time it takes my employer to notify the Home Office and the Home Office to curtail my leave.

Therefore, I will probably have my leave to remain curtailed to a date sometime in early-mid August, which is a matter of weeks before I am eligible to apply for 10-year ILR.

There seems to be a 28-day 'grace' period that happens immediately after a leave curtailment date passes, whereby the Home Office can accept visa applications, and if said applications are successful do not count this as "breaking" ILR eligibility. My question is this: Were I not able to find another Tier 2 job in time, and were I to overstay beyond my likely early-mid August leave curtailment date and then submit my 10-year ILR application on 01-09-15, would that application be automatically refused, or would it stand a chance of being accepted (being within the 28-day grace period) if I otherwise met every possible requirement?

Thanks for reading. In a pretty tough situation here so any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Best Wishes,
TW
Hi all,
I have got a similar problem. I have in this country for 9 years and 7 months till date. I will complete my 10 yrs on 16th of September. Meet all requirements for 10-year ILR (schedule of absences < 540 days, no convictions, no breaks in leave etc.) therefore eligible to apply for 10-year ILR on 15-08-15 (Home Office accepts applications 28 days early). I am on tier 2 visa till June 2016 an my sponsors license has been revoked last month and I am still waiting for the curtailment letter. I have got few queries:
1) Can I apply for ILR 2 months in advance and what might be the consequences?
2) If I apply for the for ILR before my 60 days curtailment is up and my application is still with Home office can I continue to work?
3) Can my wife (on Tier 2 dependent Visa) continue to work during the ILR application processing period?

I will be really grateful if anyone helps me in this situation.

Kind regards,

JD

sud315

Post by sud315 » Fri May 15, 2015 10:24 pm

This forum is great.

Thanks
Congrats hapoo!!! :D
After the long wait!! Party tonight is it? :lol:

After a whole week of waiting at least someone's had a reply!
Seems they have been slow lately!!

sud315

Post by sud315 » Fri May 15, 2015 10:30 pm

those of you who have received the decision recently,
can you please inform what comes first and in what order? :roll: :?:
Do we get a letter informing of the outcome first (is that the decision date on timeline?)?
Then the documents returned in special delivery envelope?
Then the biometric last which also needs to be signed for I believe?

Thanks in advance. (I'm not going to be home for a week, so wonder what to expect in my absence!)

sud315

Post by sud315 » Fri May 15, 2015 10:35 pm

Since2015 wrote:Congrates happo.

Do not do the mistake like I did. on my BRp card I found expiry date in 2024. I thought it is wrong and send an email to brp error team. they advised me not to travel until they resolve the issue.

then I resend them an email not to do any further investigation. I ma waiting for their reply as I have to travel next month.

do not know what to do.

Thanks
Hi Since,
Thanks for this info.
So do people receive the biometric few months short of 10 years then? :roll:

Could you try and phone them up perhaps?
Or I'm sure they will reply soon to your email :)

sud315

Post by sud315 » Fri May 15, 2015 10:41 pm

1 x cover letter
1 x UK Bachelors Degree
current BRP

1 x employer letter

Regards

Mash
Mash thanks for info I'm sure it'd be helpful for many! :)
Congrats on your ILR!! :D

Zee ali
Diamond Member

Post by Zee ali » Fri May 15, 2015 10:52 pm

sud315 wrote:those of you who have received the decision recently,
Do we get a letter informing of the outcome first (is that the decision date on timeline?)?

Decision and Documents come together in one envelop. Not signed for 2nd class. In time line u need to give decision date (should be on approval letter). and the date u receive it.

Then the biometric card which needs to be signed for I believe?

Then BRP delivered by courier company called DX need signature

Thanks in advance. (I'm not going to be home for a week, so wonder what to expect in my absence!)

hapoo

Post by hapoo » Fri May 15, 2015 11:20 pm

Hi,
letter will come first followed by BRP. I included special delivery envelope so they return my documents in that.

yes the decision and documents come together.

i think BRP card will be deliver by DX courier.

thanks
Zee ali wrote:
sud315 wrote:those of you who have received the decision recently,

Decision and Documents come together in one envelop. Not signed for 2nd class. In time line u need to give decision date (should be on approval letter). and the date u receive it.

Then the biometric card which needs to be signed for I believe?

Then BRP delivered by courier company called DX need signature

hapoo

Post by hapoo » Fri May 15, 2015 11:26 pm

sud315 wrote:

This forum is great.

Thanks
Congrats hapoo!!! :D
After the long wait!! Party tonight is it? :lol:

After a whole week of waiting at least someone's had a reply!
Seems they have been slow lately!!
Thank you sud315,

yes, party tonight.

hapoo

Post by hapoo » Fri May 15, 2015 11:29 pm

Thanks Bro,

Yes i know that date is for the BRP card expiry date not the leave.

But i think the reply you got is auto reply that do not make any travel?

thanks

Since2015 wrote:Congrates happo.

do not know what to do.

Thanks

This forum is great.

Thanks

hapoo

Post by hapoo » Fri May 15, 2015 11:32 pm

springfield wrote:

This forum is great.

Thanks
Many Many Congrats Hapoo,
Did they use your special delivery envelop to return the documents and decision.
Will be looking forward your reply.

thanks
Thanks springfield,
yes, they used my special delivery envelop to return my doc. i tracked it yesterday evening about 7pm and it was showing on its way .

kind regards