ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Extension of spouse vsa

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

faiza13
Newly Registered

Extension of spouse vsa

Post by faiza13 » Thu May 14, 2015 3:13 am

Hello,

I have few questions regarding the extension of visa of British citizen spouse. Actually, the direct gov website is quite confusing now. I applied for the spouse of British citizen in Nov 2012 and now in nov 2015 it is going to expire. I need to renew it. but dont know which option to select. Should i have to do all of the following?

1. to give life in Uk test
2. to pass english language test
3. Pay the health care charges.

Please help!

WR1

Re: Extension of spouse vsa

Post by WR1 » Thu May 14, 2015 7:02 am

faiza13 wrote:
1. to give life in Uk test
NO

2. to pass english language test
YES at level A1.

3. Pay the health care charges.
YES at the rate of £200 per year so for 2.5 years will be £500.

Please help!
I am not an immigration adviser
Any views expressed are my own opinion and should not be considered as legal advice
No liability is accepted for the content and for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided

timewarp
Newly Registered

Post by timewarp » Thu May 14, 2015 2:24 pm

My wife already did an A1 english test for he spouse visa when she was in pakistan in the intial spouse visa application.

so when you apply for further leave to remain does she have to do another A1 English test here in the UK?

WR1

Post by WR1 » Thu May 14, 2015 4:32 pm

If the Level A1 CEFR test is on the transitional list and taken before 6 April 2015, then it can be used again until 5 November 2015. After this date, the UKVI are only accepting tests from the current SELT list updated on 6 April 2015.

More info here.
I am not an immigration adviser
Any views expressed are my own opinion and should not be considered as legal advice
No liability is accepted for the content and for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided